• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Script syntax error

Phoenix 1.0.1.x

As I stated in my past post (Where to load jQuery), I'm trying to track down a problem. In doing so, I've found a couple of errors and warning. This one says:

SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'

This comes from a modal login module that @auzStar wrote. Here is the code segment in question:

var login = "<?php echo tep_href_link('login.php', '', 'SSL') ?>";
  if ($.contains(document, $("a[href='"+login+"']")[0]) && "<?php echo basename($PHP_SELF) != 'login.php' ?>") {
    $("a[href='"+login+"']").click(function(e) {
      e.preventDefault();
      set_snapshot("<?php echo (basename($PHP_SELF) == 'logoff.php' || basename($PHP_SELF) == 'create_account.php' || basename($PHP_SELF) == 'account_pwa.php' ? 'index.php' : basename($PHP_SELF)) ?>");
      show_login_modal();
    });
  }

The specific character causing the error is the '<' here: var login = "<?php echo ...

The script works, but I would like to fix any errors and warnings. Any ideas?

TIA

Malcolm

The problem is that the whole lot is being output as a string to the file instead of getting processed by php to substitute the right things into the script.

It needs more context than just the bit you've quoted but it looks like a mixture of quote marks which won't help

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

10 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@kgtee Like I said, I know nothing about javascript. The syntax error is complaining about the first <

M

You don't need to; it's a php error 🙃

The end result is a script error but it's caused by a bug in the php. You just need to get the php to output the script with the echos being processed. If you post the whole function (or template file) we can point you in the right direction.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

12 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@BrockleyJohn

But, the script works.

If it's throwing an error then it doesn't work... and it could be stopping other stuff working too, depending on the context of the error. Maybe the addon appears to function but it's a good bet that it would do more or do it differently with the bug(s) fixed.

Just tested the script and it works fine without giving any errors? Modal works fine ( I stripped out all the Ajax stuff) so it just pain old boostrap modal. Pops up every time page is refreshed unless you login , logs in fine beyond no idea as I don't use it.

image.thumb.png.7368c7e722d38a1077709e142bed3e5a.png

@JcMagpie

Back in 2015, I started a thread about using a Modal to log in faster ...

In this thread, I came up with a simple modal popup to make logging in faster, without having to load another page. There was a lot of discussion on how the login was handled in a mixed SSL site.

@auzStar added the scripts to "set a snapshot". It is in these scripts that this error is happening.

Later, @ndiggity added the Ajax functionality. I have not used this. I am using @auzStar's version.

@BrockleyJohn here is the full script. Initially, this was all in a navbar module template file. I had to pull the scripts out and move them to a header tag module in order to load the code at the bottom of the page.

<?php
/*
  $Id: ht_modal_login.php, v1.0 27th Aug. 2019 M.Spann$
  Modal Login script Header Tag Module

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2016 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

class ht_modal_login {
    var $code;
    var $group;
    var $title;
    var $description;
    var $sort_order;
    var $enabled = false;

function __construct() {
      $this->code = get_class($this);
      $this->group = 'footer_scripts';

$this->title = MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_TITLE;
      $this->description = MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_DESCRIPTION;

if ( defined('MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_STATUS') ) {
        $this->sort_order = MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER;
        $this->enabled = (MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_STATUS == 'True');
      }
    }

function execute() {
      global $PHP_SELF, $oscTemplate;

$output = <<<EOD

<script>
  $(function() {

// login (login is also in footer, index page and create account page)
    var login = "<?php echo tep_href_link('login.php', '', 'SSL') ?>";
    if ($.contains(document, $("a[href='"+login+"']")[0]) && "<?php echo basename($PHP_SELF) != 'login.php' ?>") {
      $("a[href='"+login+"']").click(function(e) {
        e.preventDefault();
        set_snapshot("<?php echo (basename($PHP_SELF) == 'logoff.php' || basename($PHP_SELF) == 'create_account.php' || basename($PHP_SELF) == 'account_pwa.php' ? 'index.php' : basename($PHP_SELF)) ?>");
        show_login_modal();
      });
    }

// if login modal is closed then we clear the snapshot
// (if continues to login, then snapshot is cleared as normal via login.php after successful login)
    $('#ModalLogin').on('hidden.bs.modal', function() {
      $.ajax({ url: "ext/modules/content/header/login_modal/clear_snapshot.php" });
    })

});

function set_snapshot(redirect_page, redirect_vars, redirect_ssl) {
    var redirect_vars = redirect_vars || {};
    redirect_vars = $.extend(<?php echo json_encode($_GET) ?>, redirect_vars);
    var redirect_ssl = redirect_ssl || '';
    $.ajax({ type: "GET", dataType: "json", url: "ext/modules/content/header/login_modal/set_snapshot.php", data:   {'redirect_ssl': redirect_ssl, 'redirect_page': redirect_page, 'redirect_vars': redirect_vars} });
  }

function show_login_modal() {
    $('#ModalLogin').modal('show');
  }

</script>
EOD;

$oscTemplate->addBlock($output, $this->group);
    }

function isEnabled() {
      return $this->enabled;
    }

function check() {
      return defined('MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_STATUS');
    }

function install() {
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable New Equal Heights Module', 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to enable the New Equal Heights module?', '6', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '3', now())");
    }

function remove() {
      tep_db_query("delete from configuration where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
    }

function keys() {
      return array('MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_STATUS',
                   'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MODAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER');
    }

}

TIA

Malcolm

1 hour ago, ArtcoInc said:

Later, @ndiggity added the Ajax functionality

This is the one I downloaded. It works with or without the Ajax files, All I have done is make it a footer add-on and move the modal call script to a sitewide hook and add aditional js to stop it showing evertime a page is refreshed. So far all working as expected Ajax works fine not getting any script sintax errors logged at all.

The problem here is the way that what I guess was a template file in a content module has been changed into inline code in an execute function in a header tags module.

It's using a heredoc string definition (the bit with the <<<) but still has the previous html/javascript with <?php echo...;?> bits. To get these to work in this context you would have to set them up in variables up front and then substitute them in the string. If that's all a bit complicated then an alternative is the grunt work of changing the code to lots of bits of quoted (and appropriately escaped) bits of string and concatenating them.

By far the easiest approach to a conversion like this without much programming is to keep a separate template file. Header tags modules don't usually have a template file but that doesn't mean you can't have one!

Archived