• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Product Info Tabs V2.0

JcMagpie

JcM Product info description_tabs Select V2.0 Phoenix

Updated for Phoenix 1.0.2.0 Note this version is for Phoenix only.

Updated for Phoenix and integrated Photo Gallery into new image tab.

Product info Tabs will now allow for a much simpler cleaner layout of the product info page.

Remove stock gallery and stock description make tabs full width (12) and you can unclutter the product info page as most info is now displayed in the tabs.

image.png.f4092a34f0cada6240d7f3f0bd5bae1a.png

Disable Tab 2 if you are using your SEO key words!

In admin set tabs display, you only need to change the disable box as it will hide tab and content.

image.png.1b4886c529f871cd2803e5ba71ee8622.png

Stock osC has 2 fields in product info that can be used.

1) Product Meta Description for SEO:

You should be using this to put a brief description of each product. If you are then use this as the Tech info tab input if required.

2) Product Meta Keywords for SEO:

This is obsolete for most people so why not use it. You could use it to add warranty info for each product or anything else you require.

The SEO Key words are used for the warranty tab

image.thumb.png.b141f1a475036627295ce7a3c037ac78.png

Manuals Tab. You need to add PDF files in this format.

The product-model is used with a suffix.

manuals/GT-P1000_PDF1.pdf

manuals/GT-P1000_PDF2.pdf

If no manuals are available then tab will not display.

image.thumb.png.7fe27e46b586b9a30220e106d5a8c58e.png

The video Tab. You need to add video files in this format.

The product-model is used with a suffix.

videos/GT-P1000_VID1.mp4

manuals/GT-P1000_VID2.mp4

If no videos are available then tab is not displayed. This tab is for videos that you wish the customer to see immediately and not have to use the gallery.

image.png.6046bc1aa62006f4062cc12611986602.png

Image tab this uses the stock osC Gallery to display images and video. This replaces the stock Gallery so turn that off. In header tags set Colorbox Script Thumbnail Layout to 333 as we will only show 3 images in a row.

image.png.9498ec6b564bc1b66cc646939c2e9ef8.png

To modify your own product_infp.php file there is a small change to make.

In product_info.php find around line 39

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_gtin from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

and replace with this

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_seo_description, pd.products_seo_keywords, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_gtin from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

As before you can set the tab descriptions in admin.

That’s it simply copy all files of the into relevant sections and go to admin modules /content and install.

Has been tested on Phoenix 1.0.2.0 only.

As allways you can see it working on this site

That’s it Enjoy!

Edited by JcMagpie

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JcMagpie said:

I have not made any add-ons for version 1.0.2.5

Once again here it is working fine on version 1.0.2.2 which it was tested on.

image.thumb.png.70391e291b831eee3a368fd06424cf7e.png

I know you've not made any for 1.0.2.5 but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Like I said though I've always had a problem with this addon

Alternative to using this app, one also may use CKEDITOR to create tabbed product description. CKEDITOR is powerful and is able to include tabs, images and videos, and supports Bootstrap too. Just a suggestion. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 4:22 PM, JcMagpie said:

I have not made any add-ons for version 1.0.2.5

Once again here it is working fine on version 1.0.2.2 which it was tested on.

image.thumb.png.70391e291b831eee3a368fd06424cf7e.png

I realised what my issue was. I completely forgot that you have to add a manufacturer and product model and it's not in your instructions anymore.