• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phoenix 1.0.2.0 sendmail not working

astecme

Hi,

I have upgraded to Phoenix 1.0.2.0 but find that it does not send emails via send mail.

I know that sendmail on the server is working as I still have the old shop available and can send emails from it.

I could do with some help please.

thx

vor 2 Stunden schrieb astecme:

Hi,

I have upgraded to Phoenix 1.0.2.0 but find that it does not send emails via send mail.

I know that sendmail on the server is working as I still have the old shop available and can send emails from it.

I could do with some help please.

thx

ask your privider if something has been changed and if the emails are sent only with smtp authentication

For some security reason, some provided have decided to lock sendmail. In this case, you must use the smtp function to send your email.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

It all seems very odd.

What I have done is:

installed Phoenix in a subdirectory. Once it was working I changed the live systems directory to blah_old.. Then changed the phoenix directory name to the old live name - updated all the config files and it all works the contact forms both work but I get no order emails from the shop.

I did import the old databse with the exception of the config% tables. The only error that I seemed to have from that was duplicated tax rates and double taxes.

If I send an email from the admin section to a customer then that says sent but does not arrive.

Email options are  sendmail,  linefeeds = LF, dont use html, dont verify email addresses, send emails true.

Niether the old or the new shop will send order info emails.  On both the contact form works fine.

Ah there is a twist that I missed!

It is only the initial order emails that do not get sent. I placed an order for myself - no emails. cancelled the order via admin and bingo - email.

I have checked the "new" database against the old and they are the same.

Regards

Allan

3 hours ago, astecme said:

Then changed the phoenix directory name to the old live name - updated all the config files and it all works the contact forms both work but I get no order emails from the shop

This is probably a good starting point, If as you say your old site was working fine and sending email before you moved them into sub's then simply go over the moves and edits you made slowly as you probably introduced this problem when doing this. Check site and server error logs to see if they give to a clue what's gone wrong.

3 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

This is probably a good starting point, If as you say your old site was working fine and sending email before you moved them into sub's then simply go over the moves and edits you made slowly as you probably introduced this problem when doing this. Check site and server error logs to see if they give to a clue what's gone wrong.

Thx and yes. Totally agree. The only changes I made were to the config file on the old shop. It seems that the front end shop user slide does not send the initial email on a placed order. When I cancelled one then that did email both customer and the "extra" emails. Sending a user an email from the admin end does not work either. This could be two separate problems or the same one.

For the initial.order status the database has no update in order-status-history for the initial.pendimg status but the subsequent cancel is there.

I thought that there was a flag somewhere to inform the customer but I cannot see it anywhere.

OK so first thanks for your patience! I have now found the problem.

I always had a high regard for proof readers and this just adds to that.

I should always remind myself to read whats on the page not what I thought I wrote.

It was two problems originally but the latter masked the first after I thought I knew what was happening. Second point of note that alll testers will know... Do the whole test set again!

Hands up it was a typo. a is so close to S on the keyboard and I have fat fingers sometimes.

Archived