• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phoenix installation issues

astecme

Hi,

I have downloaded Phoenix 1.0.2.0  and installed into a sub directory e.g. /shop1/

I am currently running a bootstrap version which shows as 2.3.4.1 CE and the database has been updated to reflect that.

I have copied the database over to another database and used that on the new install.

In that I get Warning: Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/blah/d415605883/htdocs/shop/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php on line 41  when I enter admin modules content. This has carried through to Phoenix, I have uninstalled paypal and re-installed ( the app) to no avail. Unfortunately this seems to cause Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/17/d415605883/htdocs/shop/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php:41) in /homepages/blah/d415605883/htdocs/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 38 when attempting to install/uninstall another module

After copoying all the images over I get the following on the public side

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_CONTENT_NAVBAR_STYLE_BG - assumed 'MODULE_CONTENT_NAVBAR_STYLE_BG' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/blah/d415605883/htdocs/shop4/includes/modules/content/navigation/cm_navbar.php on line 42

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_CONTENT_NAVBAR_STYLE_FG - assumed 'MODULE_CONTENT_NAVBAR_STYLE_FG' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/bl;ah/d415605883/htdocs/shop4/includes/modules/content/navigation/cm_navbar.php on line 43

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_CONTENT_NAVBAR_COLLAPSE - assumed 'MODULE_CONTENT_NAVBAR_COLLAPSE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/blah/d415605883/htdocs/shop4/includes/modules/content/navigation/cm_navbar.php on line 45

I could do with a little help please. I did see the comment re paypal content login but do not understand it.

Many thanks

Allan

Although the databases are fairly similar...you can't just use a CE database for a new installation of Phoenix.  So, when you come across errors like this, it is because your (old) DB does not contain required data.  In this exact instance, turn off (uninstall) and then turn on (reinstall) the Navigation Bar module: Admin > Modules > Content

Have you have played with a brand new Phoenix running its own database?
Just to get a feel of how and what Phoenix is before you start to try to integrate your products etc.

41 minutes ago, astecme said:

I have downloaded Phoenix 1.0.2.0  and installed into a sub directory e.g. /shop1/

This is confusing as you say you installed in shop1 but errors show

/homepages/blah/d415605883/htdocs/shop/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php

and

/homepages/blah/d415605883/htdocs/shop4/includes/modules/content/navigation/cm_navbar.php on line 42

so is it shop1,  shop or shop4?

if you copied over the old config table then things could get messed up. check your paths in you config files to make sure the corect db is beeing updated when you uninstall and re-install.

|I have now found this error. It was due to the fact that on the paypal login parameters page none of the boxes were ticked. Ticking disable fixes the problem.

On to the next one!

Many Thanks

13 hours ago, burt said:

Although the databases are fairly similar...you can't just use a CE database for a new installation of Phoenix.  So, when you come across errors like this, it is because your (old) DB does not contain required data.  In this exact instance, turn off (uninstall) and then turn on (reinstall) the Navigation Bar module: Admin > Modules > Content

Have you have played with a brand new Phoenix running its own database?
Just to get a feel of how and what Phoenix is before you start to try to integrate your products etc.

Many Thanks - no I did not try a base install as every time I attempted it it reverted top a different sub directory, I will go back and try again. If I get a clean install How will I port the database?

1 hour ago, astecme said:

Many Thanks - no I did not try a base install as every time I attempted it it reverted top a different sub directory, I will go back and try again. If I get a clean install How will I port the database?

Don't run before you can walk...

1. Get a new, clean Phoenix set up and have a play with it.
    There are lots of different things about Phoenix compared to older CE editions, and (most of) that is stored in the two config tables.
  2. When happy, then port over your DB
    but NOT the two config tables (configuration and configuration group)

1 hour ago, burt said:

There are lots of different things about Phoenix compared to older CE editions, and (most of) that is stored in the two config tables.

Many Thanks,

I think I found a small problem with the install process. My install directory was in blah/blah/shop4/

when running the install the initial screen came up BUT when continue was pressed the directoy reverted to blah/blah/shop/install....

I redid as blah/blah/market.... and all works just fine.

thanks and regards

Allan

20 hours ago, burt said:

OK so I found ttwo "problems"

1. The install removes trailing numerics from the given location name so  you can run.... shop4/install  but when you hit continue that becomes shop/install....

2. I could not log into the admin section. Then something in my mind remebered a location check so the from and to website names must match.

The install automatically provides http://blah locatiuons for the server.

My site has a redirection so all incoming addresses are transferred to https://blah.

Updating the config files to https://blah has fixed that.

Now a happy bunny. Just these two probs need fixing.

Thanks for the support

Archived