• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Phoenix, display category image on category page

Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible ...

There is no provision to display the Category Image on a Categories page. I did a quick hack to add code to display the image in the /includes/modules/content/index_nested/templates/tpl_cm_in_title.php file, although in retrospect I should (and probably will) make a new module just to display the image.

M

50 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible ...

There is no provision to display the Category Image on a Categories page. I did a quick hack to add code to display the image in the /includes/modules/content/index_nested/templates/tpl_cm_in_title.php file, although in retrospect I should (and probably will) make a new module just to display the image.

M

So far as I recall, this functionality has never been available in osCommerce...

As you say...as we're now modular...it needs a module.

1 hour ago, burt said:

There is no provision to display the Category Image on a Categories page.

In RC2a this was standard. I make use of this feature as well on my current frozen site.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, René H4 said:

In RC2a this was standard. I make use of this feature as well on my current frozen site.

It's a long time since I saw a RC2A, but I am 99.9 certain that the functionality never existed in the 2.3 series.

It only takes a module!  Maybe someone can make it for Core?

On 8/13/2019 at 5:00 PM, ArtcoInc said:

There is no provision to display the Category Image on a Categories page.

It is already in the title function, you just need to add $cm_image to the template file to display both cat images and manufacturing images. layout is upto you and your page design. This was done just with a simple image output.

<?php echo tep_image('images/' . $cm_image, SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'itemprop="image"'); ?>

image.thumb.png.c8bc8e0ba18194ceb993f4792f383cdd.png

function execute() {
      global $oscTemplate, $current_category_id, $OSCOM_category;

$content_width = MODULE_CONTENT_IP_TITLE_CONTENT_WIDTH;

if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) {
        $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name from manufacturers where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
        $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

$cm_name  = $manufacturer['manufacturers_name'];
        $cm_image = $manufacturer['manufacturers_image'];
      } else {
        $cm_name  = $OSCOM_category->getData($current_category_id, 'name');
        $cm_image = $OSCOM_category->getData($current_category_id, 'image');

Now you mention it I do (vaguely) recall writing a post explaining how to (fairly) easily add a category image to the Title Module, which was then taken further in the codebase ready for people to start using...

https://github.com/gburton/CE-Phoenix/blob/master/includes/modules/content/index_nested/cm_in_title.php#L41

I don't remember a core-code separate category image Module though...I could very well be mistaken on that though.

Archived