• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML Modifications

bnguru

First, I appreciate all the help this forum supplies and I hate to be a pest...

Where are the various HTML files located so I can go in and modify some of the text being displayed?

Steve in Ellenton, FL

99% of the text is in the languages files located in includes/languages and admin/includes/languages

@kgtee beat me to it. Generally there is a language file that corresponds to each page that you can view in your browser.

Live shop Phoenix 1.0.8.4 on PHP 7.4 Working my way up the versions.

@bnguru When you are logged in to your admin page - click the 'Tools' box at the bottom left of screen - click 'Define Languages' - you will then see all the language files for the text displayed in the shop - you can click them and edit/save them without leaving your admin page.

@bnguru Keep looking! Go to admin - tools- define languages - modules/content/index/cm_i_customer_greeting.php and modules/content/index/cm_i_text_main.php

You can edit the text and use html to change the appearance.

When somebody posts a reply that is helpful you can click the heart in their post to show others the answer is helpful.

PHOENIX version :

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/content/index/cm_i_title.php

line 20 :   const MODULE_CONTENT_I_TITLE_PUBLIC_TITLE = 'Welcome on %s';

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

I noticed on the new version, two important tabs are missing: My Account and Logout.  Where do I implement them so they're available?

Also, I tried to install the addon captcha-recaptcha and it was a fail.  Is there a newer or different version to prevent robots?

Steve in Ellenton, FL

@bnguru You can install the My Account in different places (Logout will also show but only when Logged In).

Install on the top website Navigation bar from Admin - Modules (in the list on the left) - Navbar Modules - Install Module (button top right) - Account

or Install in the website Header from Admin - Modules - Content - Install Module - Buttons

or Install in the website Footer from Admin - Modules - Content - Install Module - Account Block

You can find up to date add-ons  by searching in the Apps Marketplace button at the top of this page.

You are using Phoenix so we recommend you join the Phoenix club on this forum.

Archived