• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

bugs in review intaface admin side

I get the same

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'test')' at line 1

insert into reviews_description (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('2', '1', 'test'test')

Steve

1 hour ago, kgtee said:

This has to do with the PHP MagicQuote setting when you are running PHP 5.4 and below. 

More info:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/security.magicquotes.php

I'm running 7.2

Server Information pixel_trans.gif

Server OS: Linux 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64      Database: MySQL 5.5.60-MariaDB
Server Date: 2019-08-10 13:47:49 +1000 AEST      Database Date: 2019-08-10 13:47:49

HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version: 7.2.10 (Zend: 3.2.0)

Ok, I fixed the error, maybe the line needs a review?

Line 55 of /admin/reviews.php

from

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . $review . "')");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");

tep_db_input() seems to fix error.

Steve

2 hours ago, stefan1959 said:

Ok, I fixed the error, maybe the line needs a review?

Line 55 of /admin/reviews.php

from

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . $review . "')");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('" . (int)$insert_id . "', '" . (int)$languages_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($review) . "')");

tep_db_input() seems to fix error.

Steve

i'll try it. i'm not so expert of oscommerce code but i believe is only two solutions or use "prepare"  but  i never used it with mysqli  only in PDO , or  we must cleaning the string by dangers types usually i use addslash or htmlspecialchars;

In this way if danger also for SQL injection   .

Enrico

Only one solution, sorry that should have a read

from
to

The code is safe from injection as far as what i seen, they created  functions to do that in /includes/functions/database.php

I'm no expert either so maybe i can be corrected :)

Steve

26 minutes ago, stefan1959 said:

from
to

The code is safe from injection as far as what i seen, they created  functions to do that in /includes/functions/database.php

Steve

Yes, thank you seem work properly

Enrico

I get a error  a add that text with

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 's the best ...')' at line 1

insert into reviews_description (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('10', '1', 'Lovely bunch of crunchy apples and delivered very quickly. Thank You! it's the best ...')

Too much for me to work out why. Is there a way for me to view what being put into $review

Steve

23 minutes ago, stefan1959 said:

Is there a way for me to view what being put into $review

I belive $review is simply an array of the review text from you database. So if you check you db it should show you what text is in each review.

26 minutes ago, stefan1959 said:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 's the best ...')' at line 1

insert into reviews_description (reviews_id, languages_id, reviews_text) values ('10', '1', 'Lovely bunch of crunchy apples and delivered very quickly. Thank You! it's the best ...')

Too much for me to work out why. Is there a way for me to view what being put into $review

Steve

Is this error coming from the file on the shop side?

6 hours ago, stefan1959 said:

Steve

What this is saying is ... you are inserting data into the table reviews_description. The data to be inserted is surrounded by single quotes. Unfortunately, the code thinks that the apostrophe in the word it's is the end of the data, and doesn't know what to do with the remaining 's the best ...'

Now, how to solve this ... I don't know.

M

8 hours ago, stefan1959 said:

from
to

Steve

this solution should do it

Archived