Thanks Heather that module is installed and Sub-Category list is there and shows up in index-nested group. It is configured as true, width 12 and sort order 200 which is all default I believe.

Version ?

URL to display to show us ?

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

@RonCain
You can't have products and sub-categories showing at same time - you have products there so sub-category won't show - you need those products in a sub-category.

Ron if you're able to fix this please post your findings.  I've bumped into over the years and it would be nice to see a fix for it. I'm sure others in the community would love to have a fix too.

Dan

That level is "index_products"...It's always been the case as @Heatherbell describes that the index_products level can only contain products.

However...now it's modular...I think it would just need a module built for index_products that displays subcats (if any).

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

could be done by copying  cm_in_category_listing.php from index_nested to index_products made the required changes  e.g. changing in to ip

Yeah it used to show the subs on the left side category container as can be seen in the same store pre Phoenix at thechurchofgod.info/catalog-old

9 hours ago, RonCain said:

Yeah it used to show the subs on the left side category container

The official software 2.3.4.1 still allows this.

image.thumb.png.286ca18453e203bfc0e52fe2927ed8fc.png

OK so I have installed Honeypot yesterday according to the brief instructions included and it is not working for me. Any thoughts?

I have just tested the contact us form on your website. I was rejected from submission on second attempt. That shows that the honeypot is working.

Or it could be your action recorder blocking? I am not very sure.

56 minutes ago, RonCain said:

OK so I have installed Honeypot yesterday according to the brief instructions included and it is not working for me. Any thoughts?

Edited by kgtee

Do you mean spam emails? Emails are managed by your email server and have nothing to do with OSC.

16 minutes ago, RonCain said:

So what about the spam messages, isn't it supposed to block those as well?

I am referring to bots spamming through the OSC contact page and bots that spam create accounts.

For example I have had 4 spam accounts created in OSC in the 8 hours since I posted and 8 spam emails from OSC contact page.

My understanding from a previous question I had asked in another thread was Honeypot would capture these and block them.

Install google reCapatcha on all your forms to stop the abuse, it will stop 98% of fake accounts. I installed it and not had another fake account since.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/f2UI4&recaptcha-2-form-validation-for-bs-edge

If your using Phoenix then ask in the club as they have a Phoenix version also but the version shown works fine also.

OK thank you. Either I have misunderstood or the person who answered my question regarding this misunderstood.

Can anyone else confirm whether there is a phoenix solution to add recaptcha or is the frozen solution still valid? We have a recaptcha account for the site already.

1 hour ago, RonCain said:

Can anyone else confirm whether there is a phoenix solution to add recaptcha or is the frozen solution still valid? We have a recaptcha account for the site already.

There is a Phoenix version that was released as "supporters" code.   If you've joined the Phoenix Club you'll find it referenced in this thread.

Dan

Edited by Dan Cole