• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrade Path TO Phoenix

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron if you're able to fix this please post your findings.  I've bumped into over the years and it would be nice to see a fix for it. I'm sure others in the community would love to have a fix too.

Dan

I have just tested the contact us form on your website. I was rejected from submission on second attempt. That shows that the honeypot is working.

Or it could be your action recorder blocking? I am not very sure.

56 minutes ago, RonCain said:

OK so I have installed Honeypot yesterday according to the brief instructions included and it is not working for me. Any thoughts?

Do you mean spam emails? Emails are managed by your email server and have nothing to do with OSC.

16 minutes ago, RonCain said:

So what about the spam messages, isn't it supposed to block those as well?

I am referring to bots spamming through the OSC contact page and bots that spam create accounts.

For example I have had 4 spam accounts created in OSC in the 8 hours since I posted and 8 spam emails from OSC contact page.

My understanding from a previous question I had asked in another thread was Honeypot would capture these and block them.

Install google reCapatcha on all your forms to stop the abuse, it will stop 98% of fake accounts. I installed it and not had another fake account since.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/f2UI4&recaptcha-2-form-validation-for-bs-edge

If your using Phoenix then ask in the club as they have a Phoenix version also but the version shown works fine also.

OK thank you. Either I have misunderstood or the person who answered my question regarding this misunderstood.

Can anyone else confirm whether there is a phoenix solution to add recaptcha or is the frozen solution still valid? We have a recaptcha account for the site already.

1 hour ago, RonCain said:

Can anyone else confirm whether there is a phoenix solution to add recaptcha or is the frozen solution still valid? We have a recaptcha account for the site already.

There is a Phoenix version that was released as "supporters" code.   If you've joined the Phoenix Club you'll find it referenced in this thread.

Dan

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 6:04 PM, stefan1959 said:

Use export with phpadmin on the 2.3.4.1, use custom export.

select only the customer tables, plus I  tick the Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT / TRIGGER statement

then import into CE. Remember to backup before doing this in case  import causing a problem.

Maybe you can leave off customer_basket and customer_basket_attributes, not sure if they needed.

Steve

P.S. View the .sql before import and look whats getting imported, also I like to make sure the tables ENGINE=InnoDB, if not change it to that.

image.png

This looks like a great strategy, but I'm having trouble finding relations between tables.  Isn't the table address_book an important part of migrating customer accounts?  How do I find these relations if I'm wishing to port data manually, only as few tables as needed?

https://stackoverflow.com/a/193860

SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_NAME 
    FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
    WHERE COLUMN_NAME = 'customers_id'
        AND TABLE_SCHEMA='YourDatabase';

Replace YourDatabase with whatever DB_DATABASE says in includes/configure.php

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');

The default (as shown here) is osCommerce, but it may be different in your shop. 

And of course the customers_id is particular to this issue. 

In this particular case, the customers_info table is also necessary but does not show.  Because it uses customers_info_id instead of customers_id.  You don't need the temporary data from whos_online which uses customer_id instead of customers_id. 

Always back up before making changes.

We (that is Henry and I) months back, had plans to update the DB schema to make things uniform across tables. 

• customer_id, customers_id, customers_info_id => customer_id
  • language_id, languages_id => language_id

and so on.  This would make the possibility of doing some super things with joining and filtering and reporting etc.

But as with loads of other things, it's on a backburner as there are loads more important things in the list.

Sorry that doesn't answer the Q, but is somewhat related.   It's on the to do list.

7 minutes ago, burt said:

We (that is Henry and I) months back, had plans to update the DB schema to make things uniform across tables. 

• customer_id, customers_id, customers_info_id => customer_id
  • language_id, languages_id => language_id

and so on.  This would make the possibility of doing some super things with joining and filtering and reporting etc.

But as with loads of other things, it's on a backburner as there are loads more important things in the list.

Sorry that doesn't answer the Q, but is somewhat related.   It's on the to do list.

Well, seems like I got a pretty comprehensive result when I used a wildcard for "id."  As in:

SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME
FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE COLUMN_NAME LIKE '%id%'
and table_schema='My234Database';

Unfortunately, the magnitude of the response to that is leading me to believe that this is close to impossible.  Looks like moving the entire database is the better option.  I'm just concerned because when trying that in the past, I ended up with entirely different configurations than the default Phoenix.  

Archived