yoyo213

New to Phoenix - a little help required please

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

I used OsCommerce a long time ago and am now returning to it because of Phoenix (good job everyone - this was much needed!)

I have 2 little question please and 1 question that is not so little.

1. My Shop Welcome message says "Welcome on {shop_name}". I have searched and search fo ti but cannot find where I change "Welcome on" to "Welcome to". I have grep'd all the language files but cannot find it. Any pointers please?

2. Where/how can I remove payment icons from the "We Accept" Payment type box please? (My only Payment type will be PayPal)

3. I am in Australia and will only sell to Australia. In the past I used an Auspost module which queried Australia Post and returned a shipping Cost (Based on Shipping Weight Size and destination). Would an such an add-on work with Phoenix? (I kinda got to know my way around standard osCommerce to get by somewhat. I am bit lost with Phoenix. )

Apologies if am breaking any protocols here. I am a  newbie.

Many thanks in advance

Johann

Edited by yoyo213

Posted (edited)

The welcome on is in this file

/includes/languages/english/modules/content/index/cm_i_title.php

Looking at number 2 now

PS I also run an Australian shop but used fixed fee for postage

Edited by SCH_001

Posted (edited)

your item #2 goto admin / modules / boxes and then Card Acceptance

You can drag the cards from the top section "Shown Cards" down a bit in to the "New Cards" and click save at bottom of page

As your item 3, I have never used that add_on so have no idea.
I use postage options based on weight so depending on the weight of the item the customer will get difference postage options IE 500g Parcel Post, 3kg Parcel Post and then Courier for small items..

Edited by SCH_001

Posted (edited)

Many thanks for your ever-so-speedy replies Troy. This is HUGELY appreciated. Testament to the spirit of OpenSource and Community spirit.

Thanks for solution 1. Clearly I need to learn quite a bit about the BS stuff!

Thanks also for solution 2. I did not spot that in the Admin section. But I had already worked out a cludge solution.... I created a single white pixel file in Photoshop and saved this as the various non-required Card Images in that folder!! That worked a treat. I know it's a very crude CLUDGE, and totally inelegant! A coder would direct me to hang my head in shame!. But I am not a coder. LOL

RE Item 3 - So you use TABLE RATE. That is an option that I may be able to use. (I had that in mind as a fallback in case the Auspost add-on did not work). I really liked the Auspost add-on. It gave the customer choices in shipping methods and speeds. It also meant I never had to update the shipping rates as Auspost itself took care of that.

I will up date you here on how I get on with it.

I am still developing everything on my PC. Nothing is live yet. I first wanted to see if Phoenix was uptodate enough.

Do you have a live Shop? I would like to take a look at it please.

Many thanks Again

Yo

Perth. Western Australia

Edited by yoyo213

Not table rate, I have modified the flat.php file to include GST and also to take min and max weight of when it will be shown and then I have created multiple shipping files call different name for different options including international

I have the version before Phoenix "frozen BS" live I will PM you the web address, I am slowly working on Phoenix

@yoyo213 it should be possible to get an old shipping module working with Phoenix but it will need a little bit of coding.

This is all assuming that the Auspost interface hasn't changed and the data going to and fro is the same, in the same format and using the same mechanism.

There are a couple of areas I can think of off the top of my head:

Table names used to be defined as constants, now they are hard-coded. To change them in the places they are used you will need to make sure of getting all the quotes right, which may be a bit too fiddly. You could work around it by putting some statements before the class declaration near the top of the file, eg

if (!defined('TABLE_CONFIGURATION')) define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION','configuration');

and so on for any tables that are referred to.

The other area is that for php7 you should update the constructor 'function' if it has the same name as the class, eg. if you have

class auspost {
  function auspost() {

it should become

class auspost {
  function __construct() {

There are a couple of possible other changes to php syntax for different versions but they're less likely to be present

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE).

here: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/releases

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Very many thanks for your detailed reply and guidance John.

I may get the time to try this today.

I will let you know how I get on.

🙏

Posted (edited)

UPdate on Item 3 ( AusPost Shipping Module)

Ok - so I installed Auspost Shipping module and got it working up to a point!

It breaks when I load the order up to require more than ONE shipping Box. It then breaks with the following error in Catalog\includes\classes\shipping.php.

The error is Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\shipping.php on line 95

Line 95          for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes['methods']); $i<$n; $i++) {

This is beyond my current very limited capabilities! 

Any help on this please? 

Always deeply grateful for the support given here.

Yo

Edited by yoyo213

@yoyo213 you have a problem in the quotes method in your shipping module - it's not returning the right format of information in these circumstances.

We can see what it's returning by temporarily inserting a line in includes/classes/shipping.php before line 95 which is throwing a warning:

$quotes = $GLOBALS[$class]->quotes;
            exit(print_r($quotes,true));      // <------ insert this line
            for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes['methods']); $i<$n; $i++) {

This will crash the page out and show you the returns from all the shipping modules (don't do it on a live site!)

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce (2.3.4.1 CE).

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thanks for the speedy reply John.

I am out and about right now. Will check this when I get home in about an hour or so.

All of this is running on XAMPP on my laptop. (I don't know much, but I know enough not to run such things on a live site 😀. I even backup the database and the site itself before I start any mods). I also understand your warning and appreciate it. 

Hi John,

I inserted that line at line 95.

This just gives me a blank page. No error. No info. Completely blank. I have double checked that I entered the code exactly as you specified.

foreach($this->modules as $value) {
          $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
          if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled) {
            $quotes = $GLOBALS[$class]->quotes;
            exit(print_r($quotes,true));

Thanks in advance

yo

Keeping that line still in, I made the order smaller ( so that it does not try to increase the number of Posting Boxes required - remembering that this works normally as expected), and it exited as expected with the below output.

Array ( [id] => insuredauspostexpress [module] => AusPOST Express Post Parcel (Insured) [methods] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [id] => insuredauspostexpress [title] => Delivery to 6054 - 1 days Estimated Delivery Time*

1 boxes 12.6kg(s) (incl $18.15 insurance) [cost] => 32.740909090909 ) ) [icon] => AusPOST Express Post Parcel (Insured) )

This means your module is throwing an error while it's trying to generate the bigger quote and not returning anything. You'll need to post the quote method from the module

Thanks John,

I think I have wasted your time somewhat! Looking around for solutions or information on this, I found that I was using an outdated shipping module for Auspost. The module I was using was going to the old DRC.edeliver.com.au site (which was still up and running - but clearly not functioning correctly)

I have just downloaded what seems to be an uptodate Auspost shipping module (that talks to the new Auspost site). Am in the process of installing that now.

I will check it out and revert here.

Sorry to have thrown you a red herring!😢

Yo