• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

just wanted to know if there are people who get the right quotes..

Hundreds of them. There are examples of getting too high quotes or strange quotes (can be found in this thread) but often it is overlooking the tare weight (set at 3 weight units as a default) that puzzles people for a while until they find that out.

Hundreds of them. There are examples of getting too high quotes or strange quotes (can be found in this thread) but often it is overlooking the tare weight (set at 3 weight units as a default) that puzzles people for a while until they find that out.

and which value should i add there?

finally!!!! i was looking on the ups page where i get the detailed cost and i saw that the rate was negotiated...then i went in admin and activated the negotiated rates..and voila...all quotes are perfect!!! can't believe this after reading 104 pages

I'm using this UPS XML module, and works great ;-)

But we have special discount by UPS but the UPS shipping cost are based an the normal rates.

So is there a way to change the UPS XML script with some code to get a % discount on the real time UPS rates as displayed?

But we have special discount by UPS but the UPS shipping cost are based an the normal rates.

If the UPS site sends negotiated rates (the discounted rates) you can use those in the UPSXML versions of the last couple of years.

If the UPS site sends negotiated rates (the discounted rates) you can use those in the UPSXML versions of the last couple of years.

The UPS discounts a based on what we ship in a week, so the real time rates are the basic rates.

I want to put somewhere in the script a % discount for the realtime rates?

• 3 weeks later...
i added the taxes and rates for Canada..now the UPS module shows on the checkout_shipping page but not on the last page before making the payment...it did before i added the tax thing...

You have to select one of the shipping options of UPS to have it show up on the next pages.

You have to select one of the shipping options of UPS to have it show up on the next pages.

Jan thanks for the reply but i know that:)..it's just not appearing anymore...CanadaPost and Flat rate do appear and Osc calculates the taxes like it should but not for UPS since it's not appearing...

It's just not appearing anymore...CanadaPost and Flat rate do appear and Osc calculates the taxes like it should but not for UPS since it's not appearing...

That makes so totally no sense. The way checkout_shipping works is that when you enter it first time it loads all shipping modules. All shipping modules that are not enabled for the zone the customer is in do not get loaded (a relatively common error when installing UPSXML and choosing a zone instead of leaving it on --none--).

Then when you choose a shipping method the page gets reloaded, all the shipping modules get queried again, compared against which one was chosen and then that is registered and you are sent to checkout_payment.php.

So it either shows up on both pages or not at all.

Unless you installed something that you think is not relevant to mention here because it surely wouldn't be the cause of the problem?

Sorry to jump in the middle here...

I am having a problem with dimensional support not working on a fresh install of RC2.2a and UPSXML 1.3.5. I installed the module exactly as the readme lays out (including the dimensions.txt file) as well as performing the SQL queries.

All of my products have dimensions/weights defined, all are ready to ship. In checkout_shipping it will always put 1 product in 1 box no matter what the size/weight of the product is.

I am very familiar with this module as I have used it for years but I am at a loss this time...any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

when turning on the Ready-to-ship only

i get this error

Warning: usort() [function.usort]: Invalid comparison function in /home/dtpetsup/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 244

line 244 says

usort($productsArray, ready_to_shipCmp);

anyone know how to fix

thanks

when turning on the Ready-to-ship only

i get this error

Warning: usort() [function.usort]: Invalid comparison function in /home/dtpetsup/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 244

line 244 says

usort($productsArray, ready_to_shipCmp);

As far as I remember you would get this error if that function is inside the class upsxml. That is why it is outside the class (includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php).

You seem to be using an older version of upsxml because the whole packing routine was moved to another class in later versions. But the older version should still work.

I have dont a clean install and it all seems to be working, but it is not picking up my rates.

I have selected true under "Negotiated rates" and put my account number in, but the quotes i get seem very high.

I am in the UK, and for 1KG is comes up as £21.79 for standard.

zappautomation

I have dont a clean install and it all seems to be working, but it is not picking up my rates.

I have selected true under "Negotiated rates" and put my account number in, but the quotes i get seem very high.

I am in the UK, and for 1KG is comes up as £21.79 for standard.

Did you set your tare weight in the admin. Standard this is 3 units, so 1 kg would get sent as 4 kg to UPS.

Also, UPS is not always returning negotiated rates right away after you got their developers key. It might take some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out from UPS, that they update their system on a sunday, so it can take up to a week for your rates to appear, but my rates are still not showing after two weeks.

The rate that is coming up, is also not correct for the published rate.

As an example, 40KG from the UK, Hamel, MN 55340 in the United States is published as £174.85 (UPS Expedited), but it is coming up as £141.62.

Our cost is £87.43.

Also, when i change it in admin to give 70% discount the cost for expedited goes up to 202.31.

All very strange.

This is the first time i installed this contribution, so no updating was done, and all i did was upload the reuqested files, updated the database witht he attached sql and changed catalog/admin/modules.php as mentioned in the readme.

Also i have no dimension support added, so it is only looking at the weight.

I do have a contribution for individual weights for attributes, and that seems to be working.

Have i missed anything?

I really hope i can get this one working, it will save me a lot of time manually entering the rates into a zones based shipping module.

zappautomation

I found out from UPS, that they update their system on a sunday, so it can take up to a week for your rates to appear, but my rates are still not showing after two weeks.

The rate that is coming up, is also not correct for the published rate.

I suggest you set up the logging of the request and the UPS reply. Then you know for sure what weight and number of boxes are sent to UPS, plus insurance value. If that is the same as the info you use for entering the data in their website you eliminated that part. Then compare the reply with rates from UPS using the module with the ones you see on their website and see if there is a discrepancy.

I suggest you set up the logging of the request and the UPS reply. Then you know for sure what weight and number of boxes are sent to UPS, plus insurance value. If that is the same as the info you use for entering the data in their website you eliminated that part. Then compare the reply with rates from UPS using the module with the ones you see on their website and see if there is a discrepancy.

Could someone please give me directions on how to setup logging of the UPS request and response? I'm not getting the correct shipping calculation and the customer service rep needs this info to trouble shoot the issue for me.

Also, should tare weight in most circumstances be set to '0' (zero)?

Thanks so much for your help!

Could someone please give me directions on how to setup logging of the UPS request and response?

See the install.txt, step 5.

Also, should tare weight in most circumstances be set to '0' (zero)?

If your shipping boxes weigh nothing than yes. On the other hand the default of 3 (pounds/kilograms) is rather high IMHO.

Thanks,

I have enabled the logging and had a look at the log and this is an example of a test i did.

I also had the insurance enabled before, so have disabled this now.

The package is about 0.5KG, but UP rounds this up to 1KG, and this seems to be sent to UPS and returned as 1KG, but the price returned from UPS, is actually higher than the published rates.

I did see this in the log "<RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning>" Any ideas?

------------------------------------------

DATE AND TIME: 2009-08-25 19:14:12

UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>##################</AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>######</UserId>

<Password>######</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<ShipperNumber>######</ShipperNumber>

<Address>

<City>Poole</City>

<StateProvinceCode>DORS</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>GB</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>BH153TB</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Bournemouth</City>

<StateProvinceCode>DORS</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>GB</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>BH88JY</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>KGS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>1</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

</Package>

<RateInformation>

<NegotiatedRatesIndicator/>

</RateInformation>

</Shipment>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>11</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>1.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>20.03</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>20.03</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TotalCharges><Weight>1.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code/></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight/></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>65</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>1.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>38.59</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>38.59</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>11:30 P.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TotalCharges><Weight>1.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code/></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight/></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>54</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>1.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>67.44</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>67.44</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>9:00 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TotalCharges><Weight>1.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code/></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight/></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>07</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>KGS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>1.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>39.32</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>GBP</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>39.32</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>12:00 Noon</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode/><MonetaryValue/></TotalCharges><Weight>1.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code/></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight/></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

zappautomation

[center]QUOTE (Code Red @ Aug 5 2008, 03:32 PM) *
I've just installed this system, still playing around with the settings but I'm getting this error on checkout_shipping.php -

111057: This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.

I believe that this problem is something to do with units of measurement mismatching - the store is in the UK and uses Kg as the weight (assuming it is the weight that is the problem, I've not got round to looking at the box dimensions option or filling any values yet).

From the top of my head you have to change lbs to kg in the upsxml admin section (admin modules shipping). UPS will not accept lbs in the UK so no problem with that.

[/center]

Hello,

I have the same error 111057

Find the above information, but I have really no idea where and what I have to change in the admin sector.

Is there someone who can give me more information or details.

Thank you

Lili

111057: This measurement system is not valid for the selected country..

I have the same error 111057

Find the above information, but I have really no idea where and what I have to change in the admin sector.

Is there someone who can give me more information or details.

Did you do STEP 1 of the install.txt, specifically:

Run the three queries found in (or use the file itself) the included sql file: configuration_shipping.sql to add three configuration keys to the table configuration. Then configure them in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging:

Dimensions Support (leave at No for the time being, read install_dimensional_support.txt in the folder dimensional_support for further info)

Unit Weight (change the default LBS to KGS if needed)

Unit Length (change the default IN to CM if needed)

I just installed this module and during the checkout (during tests) one item shows as 6lbs. and if i have 4 or 5 small items it shows and charges for 2 packages at 7lbs. per package. am i missing something? Every single shipping module I've tried so fardoes not work and this is the first one that seems to work except for this thing with the weight and extra package issue. Please help!!