osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Error from cURL: Error [60]: error setting certificate verify

locations:

CAfile: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

CApath: none

experienced by customer with id 2

This is an error that is seen relatively often I think (it is a server setup thing, nothing you can do about it really, apart from complaining with the ISP; no big deal though). The things to do can be found in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php around line 644:

} else { // default behavior: cURL is assumed to be compiled in PHP
	$ch = curl_init();
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
// uncomment the next line if you get curl error 60: error setting certificate verify locations
	// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
// uncommenting the next line is most likely not necessary in case of error 60
	// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

My second question is, I don't actually ship anything I do all drop shipments through my supplier, I only installed the mod so the cust pays the shipping cost, I am wondering since the module is linked to my UPS shipping account, once the item is purchased is any billing information or shipping information directed to UPS that my cause charges to occur on my account.
No, you only query the UPS database for shipping costs and time-in-transit for the shipment. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is an error that is seen relatively often I think (it is a server setup thing, nothing you can do about it really, apart from complaining with the ISP; no big deal though). The things to do can be found in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php around line 644:

$ch = curl_init();
// uncomment the next line if you get curl error 60: error setting certificate verify locations

No, you only query the UPS database for shipping costs and time-in-transit for the shipment. Nothing more, nothing less.

This section:

What do you mean the things to do. Is that code something I need to add, change or remove. I don't understand the script that well so I am not sure what you are suggesting with that code. Edit it or remove it, thank you for responding though, I just want to clarify before i go try something.

Adter re-reading the post I kinda of know what it means, I am guessing i am supposed to edit the code by uncommenting some lines, the problem is I don't know what lines it means, and i don't know how to uncomment something. I have never typed or written in php before so i have no knowledge of the language. If anyone could tell me what the line suggest to do and show me what exactly I am supposed to type in this area of the XML module would be very helpful.

Also just to show how "slow" i am, I did after reading more posts found i was using my account # for the access key in the admin panel, it took me about twenty min of reading FAQs on UPS to find out how to get an access key. Not sure if that ever happen to anybody but Me and the ONE other person i saw in this topic.

Anyone know how to correct the issues above
language.basic-syntax.comments

Adding contributions and not knowing the simplest things about the computer language used (PHP) will cost you a lot of time and grey hairs. I know lot's of people here say they did it this way, but IMHO it is more cost effective to spend some time reading a beginners book on PHP or PHP and MySQL.

thank you for pointing out the site, i google searched php comments and couldnt find anything understandable, the page you pointed out I think will help. I dont anything about Php, but i figured it only took me about a week to learn HTML on my own, a few weeks to learn flash and swish programs, so I figured if I can learn those on my own I can teach myself php, which honostly looks much more difficult then anything in HTMl texting.

Ok here is what I tried but it did not work I changed

$ch = curl_init();

to this:

$ch = curl_init();
	/* curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);*/

note this line

/* curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);*/

Is that what I was supposed to do, if it is that did not fix it.

Ok I figure I better point this out in case it has an bearing on the current problem, during this troubleshooting period i was not using a SSL connection i didnt have a certificate implimented yet. I purchased one about and hour ago from my host and they are installing the certificate, its not installed yet, but does not having a SLL cert cause any of these problems i am having.

i am hoping it will fix the page not displayed erros on the checkout login/checkout screens

Is that what I was supposed to do, if it is that did not fix it.

The idea was to remove the commenting:

$ch = curl_init();
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
	curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

Oh man i feel dumb, now that i see the answer I understand it, all i did was comment a line that was commented, i needed to "uncomment" the line. oh geez.

This worked by the way I now have shipping totals. I am not sure if it is working correctly though. I entered a 1 lb test product and shipping is estimating a 4 lb shipment instead of a 1 lb. I am not sure if UPS is including the packaging or what but its about $1.50 more then it should be.

Thank you Janz for your help this gets me on the right track. Now if I could just get the SSL pages to work. I keep searching for those answers.

This worked by the way I now have shipping totals. I am not sure if it is working correctly though. I entered a 1 lb test product and shipping is estimating a 4 lb shipment instead of a 1 lb. I am not sure if UPS is including the packaging or what but its about $1.50 more then it should be.

Hi Gameprodigy,

Have you adjusted your tare weight in the configuration in the admil panel? I bet that is set to 3 so it is adding 3 lbs to you 1 lb. You should read through all the OSC documentation and look through the knowledge base as you will encounter many common problems that are answered there. Here is s link where the tare weight is ccovered in the Knowledge base

John Wisdom

You're welcome. It's a good idea to go line by line through the admin panel to see where different things are set. I know it probably seems a little overwhelming right now but you'll see how everything comes together. Having a good basic knowledge of OSC workings will save you more time in the long run.

John Wisdom

Environment:

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.9

libcurl/7.12.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.1.4

My plan is to use UPS shipping. Reading http://oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Admin...ing_Modules/230 does not help me to decide which modules should be installed to augment the UPS module :unsure:

After trolling around for a couple of hours, stumbled across this package. A quick look at the files showed no install.txt; but, the readme did point me to this forum. The good news is that the package seems to be popular and well supported as shown by the activity here. The bad news is that the amount of activity here makes me leery about installing.

Started to read through this forum assuming that it had the answers to my questions as a newbie; but, 48 pages makes it too daunting of an effort and although my boolean syntax is up to par, the inability to search only on this forum makes it an exercise in futility.

This is forcing me to ask my questions which may already be answered :'(

1- UPS XML has a readme.txt; but, no install.txt. Where can this be found ?

2- Someone mentioned that there was a manual. Is this a PDF ? Where can this be found ?

3- Will it work in my environment and if not, what has to be installed or upgraded ?

4- My client already uses UPS on another eCommerce site. Does this simplify the acquisition of the

Access key ?

5- What are the recommended add-ons for UPS ?

6- Is UPS Worldship a recommended add-on ?

7- Are UPS and UPS XML mutually exclusive or complementary ?

8- If they are mutually exclusive, what are the pros and cons of using one vs. the other ?

9- Where is the FAQ file for UPS XML ?

10- Can this forum be pruned ?

11- Is there a way to only search this forum ?

Jrs,

I can only hit on a few of your questions as I am new to OsC myself, from I learned investigating the forums

1) I downloaded UPS XML v1.2 in the readme file that came with it I had to scroll halfway through the text and the installation information is in there.

2) I havent found a manual for it yet.

3) I would say yes, but im no expert.

4) you only need one ups account for the module to "quote" rates, so one account login name and access key are entered which is entered manually in the admin panel, so yes to this.

5, 6, 7 8) i dont know ive only just begun to use ups-xml, i never used the original ups

9) your looking at it, as far as I have found.

10) dont think so, but if you want to simplify the view, at the top on the right you can click options and switch the display to outline, which may help. you can also subscribe to topics so when a reply is entered you get an email notification (ive been doing that a lot)

11) if you look down in the lower left corner way down, there is a search box, i dont think it gets real topic detailed but it helps.

Hope some of those answers help.

I've installed this module but the client's packaging needs are really diverse; some light-weight stuff like clothing on up to wooden benches that obviously are going to require more expensive packaging material. Searching the contributions I came across Packaging data for UPS XML, which might be helpful. But this download is dated '03 and the readme says it is structured to work with UPS XML Rates v1.01 packaging option which was written for osCommerce 2.2 MS1. It also says this,

2) Run the following mySql command from phpMyAdmin on your osC database

(NOTE: If you have already created packages and do not want them erased, DO NOT run this command. You will have to do something to work around, as the included file has the auto increment field already filled in from 1 through 744)

There was a SQL install with the UPS XML - will this blow it away? Does anyone know the workaround? I'm on a Linux server.

Is there a risk to installing this with the more recent UPS XML w/Dimensions; wonder if any of you out there have used XML UPS with Dimension support with this or other (older) UPS contributions that can give a more accurate packaging estimate.

Thanks.

Searching the contributions I came across Packaging data for UPS XML, which might be helpful.
I recommend to only put in boxes that are actually going to be used. It does not make sense to try to pack products in a large of number of boxes were you only have say 5 available. It makes the code slow also.

How stable is the UPS XML Mod now? I want to install and use it and wanted to know what I need to install. I figure I need to install the Feb 1 2006 release v1.2 from JanZ and then all updates after it. Is thie correct or is the one file with everything?

Thanks

I have installed the module a few weeks back and it was working great.

I have made no modifications since then, and I'm currently getting the following error:

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

Any ideas? Help?

I have installed the module a few weeks back and it was working great.

I have made no modifications since then, and I'm currently getting the following error:

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

Any ideas? Help?

I turned on logging, and found out:

Error from cURL: Error [6]: Couldn't resolve host 'www.ups.com'

We had some network issues that were resolved, and I can curl that address manually, and use lynx from the same machine to access www.ups.com

We also restarted apache, and continue to get the same error: any ideas?

I turned on logging, and found out:

Error from cURL: Error [6]: Couldn't resolve host 'www.ups.com'

We had some network issues that were resolved, and I can curl that address manually, and use lynx from the same machine to access www.ups.com

We also restarted apache, and continue to get the same error: any ideas?

It is a weird error and I remember someone else had that also not so long ago.

Actually, I do see strange (for me then) things when I ping www.ups.com:

ping www.ups.com 
PING www.ups.com.akadns.net (84.53.149.243): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 84.53.149.243: icmp_seq=0 ttl=57 time=12.509 ms

So pinging www.ups.com gets me to www.ups.com.akadns.net?

It turns out that the server is from Akamai:

inetnum: 84.53.148.0 - 84.53.151.255
netname: AKAMAI-PA
descr: Akamai Technologies

Going manually there with curl indeed brings me to the Akamai server:

curl -v https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
* About to connect() to www.ups.com port 443
*   Trying 84.53.149.243... * connected
* Connected to www.ups.com (84.53.149.243) port 443
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
 CApath: none
* SSL connection using AES256-SHA
* Server certificate:
*		subject: /C=US/ST=New Jersey/L=Mahwah/O=United Parcel Service/OU=UPS Akamai/CN=www.ups.com
*		start date: 2006-01-23 19:10:55 GMT
*		expire date: 2007-01-20 23:59:00 GMT
*		common name: www.ups.com (matched)
*		issuer: /C=US/O=Akamai/CN=Akamai Subordinate CA 2
* SSL certificate verify ok.
> GET /ups.app/xml/Rate HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: curl/7.13.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.0) libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7i zlib/1.2.3
Host: www.ups.com
Pragma: no-cache
Accept: */*

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Server: Netscape-Enterprise/6.0
< Content-Type: text/html
< Expires: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:40:05 GMT
< Cache-Control: max-age=0, no-cache, no-store
< Pragma: no-cache
< Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:40:05 GMT
< Content-Length: 208
< Connection: keep-alive
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>UPS Online Tools Rate</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H2>
Service Name: Rate<br>
Remote User: null<br>
Server Port: 443<br>
Server Name: www.ups.com<br>
Servlet Path: /Rate<br>
</H2>
</BODY></HTML>
* Connection #0 to host www.ups.com left intact
* Closing connection #0

So it looks more like a UPS/Akamai issue than something to blame on curl or upsxml I'm afraid. Maybe UPS can tell more?

Or perhaps putting in the IP-address on about line 66 might help temporarily?

$this->host = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_MODE == 'Test') ? 'wwwcie.ups.com' : 'www.ups.com');

to:

$this->host = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_MODE == 'Test') ? 'wwwcie.ups.com' : '84.53.149.243');

I am having a problem with dimensions support.

first of all im using the following:

oscommerce 2.2

ups_xml 1.2.3

added_weights with fix

dimensions support

heres what happening when i go to checkout it shows 1 box no matter how much it weighs or how many products you add to checkout. i need the boxes to be split up per product along with if there are addons selected

for instance its a printing website(business cards etc)

if a customer adds 5000 cards by default it shows 1 box at 16 pounds and the shipping price is correct but if a customer selects 10000 as quantity it says 1 box at 32 pounds. it should read 2 boxes at 16 pounds ..

next error i get is when i click tools in my admin panel i get a 500 error.

thanks for all the help

Luis

i have fixed the tools error it had to do with database backup but i still have the weight at checkout problem, any ideas? i really want to finish the website so any help is very very much appreciated

i have fixed the tools error it had to do with database backup but i still have the weight at checkout problem, any ideas?
Did you set the upsxml module (admin section) to use dimension support? By default it doesn't and uses the osC Enter the Maximum Package Weight you will ship value (default 50).

I have a question on this mod. UPS has told me the following in and e-mail:

to access the UPS OnLine Shipping XML Tool. You will need to request

access through the development process.

There are a few guidelines for implementing the Shipping Tool.

* The end user must be a current UPS customer with a minimum daily

pickup

of 10 packages.

* The UPS Shipping Tool is only available for internal use by UPS

customers. It is not available for use on a public Web site.

* To get the UPS Shipping Tool, complete and submit a request form. To

access the request form, select Get Tools below, follow the

instructions

to register and license, then select the UPS Shipping tool from the

list

of UPS OnLine Tools and complete the request form.

I know we need to get an access key and it says we can use this mod on our website but UPS says differant so what is up?

Thanks - Just trying to make sure I can get this setup correctly on my site.

:)