• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

No, I didn't. I looked at it, as instructed in the "read me" file that came with the contribution, to see what shipping options applied to Canada. That's when I realized why "Ground" was not showing up. But other than reading it, I didn't touch it.

Robin

Firstly, before I ramble, what version are you using and have you tried a different one? For instance, if you're using a 1.2.x release, try out, say, 1.1.4.

On to the rambling- I know I should let Jan handle this as he's the expert, but I've got my theories, my caffeine, and a soapbox. :)

I believe your problem with having a ghost option is related somehow to

a.) selecting (or, perhaps more aptly, not disallowing) a service option that is n/a for your location

b.) whatever is causing you to have "to take out the 'EED' because that part wouldn't work right" (incidentally, I've recently come to basically be in love with this feature. I highly recommend using it if you can)

This is because I've seen some really, really weird things with the latest version of the module. Granted, I'm using a heavily modified module (see the posts above by HallMarc) that I have further customized, but previous versions handled this ok.

However, that being said, my problems were related to the customization that I had done and so that's why I asked. If you're using a raw module than something else may be up.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Firstly, before I ramble, what version are you using and have you tried a different one? For instance, if you're using a 1.2.x release, try out, say, 1.1.4.

On to the rambling- I know I should let Jan handle this as he's the expert, but I've got my theories, my caffeine, and a soapbox. :)

I believe your problem with having a ghost option is related somehow to

a.) selecting (or, perhaps more aptly, not disallowing) a service option that is n/a for your location

b.) whatever is causing you to have "to take out the 'EED' because that part wouldn't work right" (incidentally, I've recently come to basically be in love with this feature. I highly recommend using it if you can)

This is because I've seen some really, really weird things with the latest version of the module. Granted, I'm using a heavily modified module (see the posts above by HallMarc) that I have further customized, but previous versions handled this ok.

However, that being said, my problems were related to the customization that I had done and so that's why I asked. If you're using a raw module than something else may be up.

a) I thought the same things, so I went into the admin panel to reconfigure the UPS XML module and I clicked off every option that is listed there. All that accomplished was leaving only the ghost option available when I tested it.

B) I disabled the "EED" because all that shows up are the letters "EED" instead of an actual date. I didn't think we needed this option because our products have to be custom made after the order is placed so the EED that's generated would not be accurate.

To answer your first question, I'm using UPS XML v1.2.3, I assumed it would include any and all bug fixes so I chose that one to install. I have done absolutely nothing to modify it because I am a real newbie to PhP.

I appreciate the help btw, I'm still stumped.

a) I thought the same things, so I went into the admin panel to reconfigure the UPS XML module and I clicked off every option that is listed there. All that accomplished was leaving only the ghost option available when I tested it.

B) I disabled the "EED" because all that shows up are the letters "EED" instead of an actual date. I didn't think we needed this option because our products have to be custom made after the order is placed so the EED that's generated would not be accurate.

To answer your first question, I'm using UPS XML v1.2.3, I assumed it would include any and all bug fixes so I chose that one to install. I have done absolutely nothing to modify it because I am a real newbie to PhP.

Something is going wrong with the processing of the data that is being returned from UPS. Try an older version, for instance 1.1.4. If you continue to have problems then, probably I'm wrong.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Sorry for the double post. I see my last question is starting to get lost in the thread.

None of the dimensions are zero. And how is it getting 6.5inches from 12inches?

None of the dimensions are zero. And how is it getting 6.5inches from 12inches?
You might have entered other dimensions but it is still possible that in the cart this product information is not available (step 2 of dimensions.txt tells you to add stuff to the shopping cart class, perhaps you forgot that, or something goes wrong...). You can check that with a

echo '<pre>'; 
print_r($cart);

in the footer for example. Then you see what information the shopping cart class holds.

As I tried to explain, the 6.5 inches comes from UPSXML giving your products a dimension if one or more of the dimensions (length, width, height) is zero (so it effectively does not have any volume). This is a safety catch (which as you can see works :) ).

So are we. Better enable logging (see includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php, somewhere around line 70 for instructions). I suggest using a full path (using the file systems path) to a log file.

You might have entered other dimensions but it is still possible that in the cart this product information is not available (step 2 of dimensions.txt tells you to add stuff to the shopping cart class, perhaps you forgot that, or something goes wrong...). You can check that with a

echo '<pre>'; 
print_r($cart);

in the footer for example. Then you see what information the shopping cart class holds.

As I tried to explain, the 6.5 inches comes from UPSXML giving your products a dimension if one or more of the dimensions (length, width, height) is zero (so it effectively does not have any volume). This is a safety catch (which as you can see works :) ).

I will check. Thank you. PS I just had a great conversation with Stew.

So are we. Better enable logging (see includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php, somewhere around line 70 for instructions). I suggest using a full path (using the file systems path) to a log file.

hmm could you please treat me like a 5 year old learning how to tie her shoes? I'm very new to php so I'm having alot of problems figuring out what I need to do to turn on logging.

I have read the instructions and I thought I did what it said. Created a blank .log file, uploaded it to my site (made a directory called logs first and uploaded there). Put in the full path including http... to the log file. Removed the // from the line that calls the log. Uploaded the edited file. Created a new order. sent new order, checked the log file, it's empty.

Anxiously awaiting any help.

Thanks in advance.

Robin

hmm could you please treat me like a 5 year old learning how to tie her shoes? I'm very new to php so I'm having alot of problems figuring out what I need to do to turn on logging.

I have read the instructions and I thought I did what it said. Created a blank .log file, uploaded it to my site (made a directory called logs first and uploaded there). Put in the full path including http... to the log file. Removed the // from the line that calls the log. Uploaded the edited file. Created a new order. sent new order, checked the log file, it's empty.

Anxiously awaiting any help.

Thanks in advance.

Robin

I believe full path would be in the following format:

$this->logfile = '/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log';

another example would be

/var/www/html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.log

I believe full path would be in the following format:

$this->logfile = '/home/hallmarc/public_html/osLoaded/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.log';

another example would be

/var/www/html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.log

This all depends on the server OS (Operating System). You can contact your web hosting comapny and they will send you a sample of the full address for your account.

This all depends on the server OS (Operating System). You can contact your web hosting company and they will send you a sample of the full address for your account.
Actually, she should know this already because she had to fill in this information in the catalog/includes/configure.php file and the admin/includes/configure.php file. For example on my Mac it is:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/Library/WebServer/Documents/catalog/');

This is just above the section with "// define our database connection"

Ok I have the log, I placed an order as a customer and it created a log. So, what now?
Download the file and look at the request made around the same time (one request for timeintransit, one reply, one request for rates and one reply). Probably the two replies from UPS are enough to see if there is something strange there. If you post the requests too, be sure to remove the user name, password and ups key before posting! You don't want to make that kind of information public. Put the replies in between code tags, so [ code ] and [/ code ] (without the spaces).

Ok, I'm cracking open a beer!!!

I didn't know how to read the log that was created, didn't know what I was looking for, so I decided to compare the shipping options listed in the 2 different upsxml.php files. There was one line missing from the /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php file.

'02' => MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_SERVICE_CODE_CANADA_ORIGIN_02,

just in case anyone else is having the same problem. When I added this line to match up with shipping option 2 in the other upsxml file, the ghost disappeared !!

So, now, I have another question. For some obscure reason, the module is adding 3 lbs to every order. Any ideas where this might be happening and how I can resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Robin

Ok, ignore my last question please, turns out those additional lbs were being set in the shipping/packaging area of the admin control panel and had nothing to do with this contribution.

Thanks everyone for helping me get through this today :) You're terrific!

/cheers

Robin

Actually, she should know this already because she had to fill in this information in the catalog/includes/configure.php file and the admin/includes/configure.php file. For example on my Mac it is:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/Library/WebServer/Documents/catalog/');

This is just above the section with "// define our database connection"

Ha- three doctors, one patient... but she still survived....

I didn't know how to read the log that was created, didn't know what I was looking for, so I decided to compare the shipping options listed in the 2 different upsxml.php files. There was one line missing from the /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php file.

'02' => MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_SERVICE_CODE_CANADA_ORIGIN_02,

just in case anyone else is having the same problem. When I added this line to match up with shipping option 2 in the other upsxml file, the ghost disappeared !!

Wow, this is already missing in the oldest download I have locally (1.04 of October 2004). Amazing that nobody has reported this problem before :blink:

Thanks Robin.

howdy, I have the ups xml module installed working fine, but I want to add the "store pickup" module, and it doesn't function at all (does not show in shipping options) with the ups module installed... is that expected? has anyone else tried this?

Wow, this is already missing in the oldest download I have locally (1.04 of October 2004). Amazing that nobody has reported this problem before :blink:

Thanks Robin.

Wow, that is amazing. I spent the day figuring it was something I had done.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hi Everyone,

Hi, I finally am ready to install this contribution.. But I need to ask a few stupid questions first..

Now, according you guys. In order to have this contribution running fully functional, you must have an account with UPS correct ? Now in doing so.. They're askin me for my credit card information.. And all I really need this mod to do is calculate shipping costs.. Because other than that.. I will NOT be doing any shipping or be in need of UPS actually shipping anything for me physically..

The reason being is I have a drop shippment arrangement with my vendors.. So they ship out.. Not me.. And if this is the case.. I need to know will I possibly still be charged by UPS just for using the calculating of shipping? Or what? Or basically, do you get charged period for having an account with UPS? Cause that would really suck if that be the case..

I know these questions sound rediculous.. But I need to know from people who already have accounts on board with UPS currently.. Or am I creating the wrong sort of account? LOL

I don't think so.. But still. I need some help here before I make the next step and fully create an account with UPS..

I really appreciate any help here, and thanks in advance,

Christine

Hi Everyone,

Hi, I finally am ready to install this contribution.. But I need to ask a few stupid questions first..

Now, according you guys. In order to have this contribution running fully functional, you must have an account with UPS correct ? Now in doing so.. They're askin me for my credit card information.. And all I really need this mod to do is calculate shipping costs.. Because other than that.. I will NOT be doing any shipping or be in need of UPS actually shipping anything for me physically..

The reason being is I have a drop shippment arrangement with my vendors.. So they ship out.. Not me.. And if this is the case.. I need to know will I possibly still be charged by UPS just for using the calculating of shipping? Or what? Or basically, do you get charged period for having an account with UPS? Cause that would really suck if that be the case..

I know these questions sound rediculous.. But I need to know from people who already have accounts on board with UPS currently.. Or am I creating the wrong sort of account? LOL

I don't think so.. But still. I need some help here before I make the next step and fully create an account with UPS..

I really appreciate any help here, and thanks in advance,

Christine

UPS won't charge you to get shipping quotes, in my experience. I've never been charged.

If you're using dropshippers, you may want to check out Multi Vendor Shipping:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,mvs

Hi again, and thanks for your speedy response,

My vendor or my wholesale outlet should I say.. Strictly uses UPS.. So I need quotes and rates to be calculated according to weight and stuff like that on checkout for UPS rates.. And this contribution is the one for the job.. :)

I went ahead and finished creating an account with UPS.. I figure this, I won't be actually using it for shipping anything.. So I shouldn't be charged and if a worse case scenario were to pop up.. I will just delete the account asap! Other than that.. I got my own UPS account number which I believe I will be needing here to get this contribution to work once installed..

I thank you for your help also.. It's much appreciated.. :)

Christine

Jan I have it working!!!!! Yes you heard me right. I have the new version of UPS XML R&R working for MVS and you were correct, I missed that step in the install directions. It is a duplicate of the other direction and I think that is why I missed it.

We only have one last liitle issue to clear up and that is it still ends with a sceong rate request that is double item quantity. I can't for the life of me figure out why it is doing this. The shipping charges that are posted to the customer are from the first (correct) request and not the second (double and wrong) request so it isn't a huge issue.

Hi again guys,

I got it all installed.. And everything seems fine.. Until . . . . . .

Until I go to check out.. And this is the error I'm getting..

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United Parcel Service (XML)

250003: Invalid Access License number

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact Cozykorners Gifts & Collectibles Store via Email.

I got myself an access key today.. An XML access key.

And all fields are filled out appropriately to my knowledge via the admin/modules/shipping area of my admin section.

So is anyone else having this problem? Or do I have to call UPS and find out what's going on? Because this is very strange..

Thanks in advance again,

Christine

Edited by Redsonya