• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

i guess i downloaded the wrong thing, can you send me a link to the contrib cause i didnt see any changes to anything other then packaging options.
It is right there in the UPSXML 1.1.5 package by Joe McFrederick, I'm referring to dimensions.txt in UPS XML Rates and Services v1.0. Step 4 describes changes to catalog/admin/categories.php. After having done that (and the other stuff of course) you will see at the bottom of the page, right after Products URL and Products Weight the Length, Width, Height, Ready to ship fields:

Products URL: [input box]

(without http://)

Products Weight: [input box]

Length: [input box]

Width: [input box]

Height: [input box]

Ready to ship: [check box]

The fact that UPS is not quoting you for Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, Ground, Worldwide Express explains of course that they don't show up.

Um... This may be an "of course" to you, but I don't quite understand. Those are the shipping methods I have selected in the admin, but they are quoting me on completely different methods. Have they just changed what they were offering since the module was written, so that different code numbers or whatever they use to distinguish the methods now refer to different things, or changed the names of the methods, or what? Is there a way to update things so that the methods in the admin match what UPS is actually quoting on?

The blank line probably means that UPS has introduced a new service with a name that is not recognized by the UPSXML module.

OK, I've enabled logging, and apparently the missing method is UPS Expedited. There is a Worldwide Expedited listed in the admin, but it's not selected. For that matter, there is an Express Saver and a Next Day Air Early A.M. listed in the admin, but they're not selected either, and it seems to be quoting me on them, but not on what I did select. Is there some way I can get things synched up? Do I just have to select all the methods in the admin because that's the only way to make sure I get the methods I do want?

Also, just to make things more confusing, all the methods seem to be returning the exact same shipping date, which seems to defeat the point of offering multiple methods at different prices.

BTW, there are no errors listed in the UPS response except this, near the very top:

<Error>
<ErrorSeverity>Warning</ErrorSeverity>
<ErrorCode>270035</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDescription>Please note that the ship date been changed</ErrorDescription>
</Error>

Not sure exactly what that means -- it only showed up one of my test transactions, not all of them.

However, the difference between the $10.48 and the $23 is not easily explained away.

I've done a little more checking on that, and I think I may have an idea. Those two quotes did come from two separate products, but with very similar weights, and in fact, the one that got the $10.48 quote weights slightly more -- 5.19 kg as opposed to 5.09 kg. Just now I put in another test order with the 5.09 kg product now that exclude_choices is off (still not sure what that function does, exactly), and still got $23.28 for UPS Standard, but now all the other methods show up, with proportionately varying prices. However, the base shipping price still seems higher for the 5.09 kg item than the 5.19 kg item.

I'm wondering -- is insurance or something factored into the shipping price, in such a way that a more expensive item will incur a higher shipping cost than a less expensive one of the same or slightly greater weight? That's the one thing I can think of that could explain this -- the 5.09 kg item is significantly more expensive than the other. I checked the log and it does show a similar "TransportationCharges" for the two items, but much higher "ServiceOptionsCharges" for the more expensive item, and the output from the module to UPS (at least, that's what I'm assuming the first part, that is broken into separate lines, is) did include the monetary cost of the item. So I'm guessing a more expensive item incurs higher insurance costs?

Um... This may be an "of course" to you, but I don't quite understand.
The idea is you have a list of services you don't want to offer. Your server sends out a couple of request to UPS to get you a quote for shipping x items, of y value, in z boxes, at weights etc. UPS sends you quotes for services and prices and separately a response with expected delivery date. If you want to show all services to your customers, the function exclude_choices does nothing. All quotes are formatted and sent to checkout_shipping. If you don't want certain services, exclude_choices doesn't allow those to be sent to checkout_shipping.

If UPS didn't quote on those services, they can't be kicked out by exclude_choices, neither can they ever be shown to the customer. All up to UPS.

Have they just changed what they were offering since the module was written, so that different code numbers or whatever they use to distinguish the methods now refer to different things, or changed the names of the methods, or what?
Could be, or you are in a region that the UPSXML module is not adapted to.
Is there a way to update things so that the methods in the admin match what UPS is actually quoting on?
If UPS has a new service, you have to find out what the number in <Service><Code>#</Code></Service> after having done a "shop" request for Rating and Service stands for (no clue, ask UPS). You have to add that to the array in one of the lists (around line 126-180) and add the define to the language file includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php.

Is there some way I can get things synched up? Do I just have to select all the methods in the admin because that's the only way to make sure I get the methods I do want?
See above, ask UPS for the reason they don't quote you on certain services. They may have good reasons why certain rates are not available to your local region.

Also, just to make things more confusing, all the methods seem to be returning the exact same shipping date, which seems to defeat the point of offering multiple methods at different prices.
Maybe the distance is too short?

BTW, there are no errors listed in the UPS response except this, near the very top:

<Error>
<ErrorSeverity>Warning</ErrorSeverity>
<ErrorCode>270035</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDescription>Please note that the ship date been changed</ErrorDescription>
</Error>

Not sure exactly what that means -- it only showed up one of my test transactions, not all of them.
Not sure either, it could mean that you indicate you want to have your packages picked up the next day (shipping delay 1 day?) and that UPS indicates this way they will not come by or be open for business on Saturday, they assume Monday as the shipping date?

I've done a little more checking on that, and I think I may have an idea. Those two quotes did come from two separate products, but with very similar weights, and in fact, the one that got the $10.48 quote weights slightly more -- 5.19 kg as opposed to 5.09 kg. Just now I put in another test order with the 5.09 kg product now that exclude_choices is off (still not sure what that function does, exactly), and still got $23.28 for UPS Standard, but now all the other methods show up, with proportionately varying prices. However, the base shipping price still seems higher for the 5.09 kg item than the 5.19 kg item.
You can switch off the insurance thing in the admin section. Default is 'true' I believe.

So I'm guessing a more expensive item incurs higher insurance costs?

Seems a reasonable assumption to me ;)

Janz i really apprecaite the help i installed everythign correctly.

i went in and made all of my products ready to ship and they defaulted to 12 x 12 x 12 dimensions, but when i click edit the ready to ship box is still not checked.. is it suppose to be?

Also it doesnt work it still says this in my shipping and i dont know what happened to pkg

United Parcel Service (1 , 109lbs)

and it should be like 3 pkgs 165 lbs

The idea is you have a list of services you don't want to offer. Your server sends out a couple of request to UPS to get you a quote for shipping x items, of y value, in z boxes, at weights etc. UPS sends you quotes for services and prices and separately a response with expected delivery date. If you want to show all services to your customers, the function exclude_choices does nothing. All quotes are formatted and sent to checkout_shipping. If you don't want certain services, exclude_choices doesn't allow those to be sent to checkout_shipping.

If UPS didn't quote on those services, they can't be kicked out by exclude_choices, neither can they ever be shown to the customer. All up to UPS.

OK -- so basically, it's what lets you pick and choose in the admin which methods to offer?

If that's the case, then this is starting to make some sense -- maybe UPS Standard was the only one of the methods I picked that was available in Canada, so with exclude_choices on, it only showed that, but with it off, it showed several methods I did not pick...

Could be, or you are in a region that the UPSXML module is not adapted to.

Seems strange that it would be so -- I'm in Canada, and I think the original author is Canadian, isn't he? At least, I seem to recall from the Read Me that he used a Canada Post module for part of it, and that one of the reasons for this modules creation was that the UPS module that comes with osCommerce doesn't work in Canada. But possibly some of the methods listed are US-specific, and were put in more for American users... I guess I need to check with UPS and see.

If UPS has a new service, you have to find out what the number in <Service><Code>#</Code></Service> after having done a "shop" request for Rating and Service stands for (no clue, ask UPS). You have to add that to the array in one of the lists (around line 126-180) and add the define to the language file includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Maybe the distance is too short?

Maybe... I did put in my test orders using my own address, and while I'm not in exactly the same city as the store, I am in a neighbouring city (I'm in Toronto; they're in a suburb, basically).

Well, this is all starting to make some kind of sense, or at least point in the direction of making sense. I will check with UPS to see if all the methods listed are supported here or not, and in the meantime try making some test orders with further-away addresses to see if that affects the delivery date.

Thanks for your help!

i went in and made all of my products ready to ship and they defaulted to 12 x 12 x 12 dimensions, but when i click edit the ready to ship box is still not checked.. is it suppose to be?
Oops, that rings a bell. Michiel Heeringa left a note with a fix for that as UPS XML Rates v1.1.5a because he noticed the checked box wouldn't be saved. This are the directions:

change in categories.php

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('products_ready_to_ship', $pInfo->products_ready_to_ship); ?></td>

in:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('products_ready_to_ship', '1', (($product['products_ready_to_ship'] == '1') ? true : false)); ?></td>

to fix the ready to ship checkbox not being checked when it should. And when it's checked and saved, the value isn't saved.

Also it doesnt work it still says this in my shipping and i dont know what happened to pkg

United Parcel Service (1 , 109lbs)

and it should be like 3 pkgs 165 lbs

You just proved my point that the packing algorithm is loosing packages (109 lbs instead of 165 lbs). It doesn't loose the ready-to-ship packages though, that was fixed.

The fix of Michiel Heeringa should fix the ready-to-ship thing. Hopefully the (1 , 109lbs) also restores to something normal, since it should indeed say more (code starts around line 231):

$upsQuote = $this->_upsGetQuote();
       if ((is_array($upsQuote)) && (sizeof($upsQuote) > 0)) {
           if (DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED) {
               $this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code, 'module' => $this->title . ' (' . $this->boxCount . ($this->boxCount > 1 ? ' pkg(s), ' : ' pkg, ') . $totalWeight . ' ' . strtolower($this->unit_weight) . ' total)');

It at least should have stated: (1 pkg, 109 lbs total).

You did change line 25 in upsxml.php to define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1);?

I'm having a problem with ups giving me a differnt rate inthe first screen (checkout_shipping.php) but when it gets to the checkout_confirmation.php page the amont is different, it rounds it up to the next whole dollar it seems in the. What is the problem. can anyone tell me where to go to fix this and how.

Kim

I have been getting this error for the past 30 minutes, anybody else been getting it? Everything has worked fine for weeks now but this is the first time this problem has resided for so long.

United Parcel Service

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

I just tried installing the v.1.1.5 contrib and im running into some problems.

I keep getting the following error during checkout:

1146 - Table 'eshop.table_packaging' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PACKAGING order by package_cost;

[TEP STOP]

per some instructions in previous posts i changed define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1); in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/ to define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1); then i just got a blank page.....any suggestions

I just tried installing the v.1.1.5 contrib and im running into some problems.

I keep getting the following error during checkout:

1146 - Table 'eshop.table_packaging' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

per some instructions in previous posts i changed  define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1);  in catalog/includes/modules/shipping/  to define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1); then i just got a blank page.....any suggestions

i also did not install any other version of the contrib prior to this one...could there have been something i may have possibly missed?

Thanks

I guess you changed it to define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0);
You could try uncommenting line 647:

// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

and if that doesn't help follow the instructions to enable logging. Hopefully, that will give more insight to what goes wrong.

i also did not install any other version of the contrib prior to this one...could there have been something i may have possibly missed?
Not to my knowledge, this should be complete (although for packaging to work in the admin section the 1.1.5 fix should be applied, not relevant in this case).

Not to my knowledge, this should be complete (although for packaging to work in the admin section the 1.1.5 fix should be applied, not relevant in this case).

i did what was suggested above and still am getting the same error. I also tried to get the logging to work but it doesnt seem to be writing anything to the .log file. All permissions are set correctly. I dont know if this matters but i am on a windows server.

Thanks

I also tried to get the logging to work but it doesnt seem to be writing anything to the .log file.  All permissions are set correctly.  I dont know if this matters but i am on a windows server.

In principle the logging part should work. Try a full path to the .log file, or a path from the root directory. Without data there is little to research.

From what I have read on these forums it seems that an appreciable part of Windows servers don't have cURL installed and sometimes the hosting company even refuses to do that. Perhaps worth checking that too.

In principle the logging part should work. Try a full path to the .log file, or a path from the root directory. Without data there is little to research.

From what I have read on these forums it seems that an appreciable part of Windows servers don't have cURL installed and sometimes the hosting company even refuses to do that. Perhaps worth checking that too.

Thank you very much for your help. Im going to do alittle research and see what i can find.

Thanks again

I installed UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 successfully. Now I am trying to install the UPS XML Rates v1.1.5a fix.

The instructions say...

change in categories.php

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('products_ready_to_ship', $pInfo->products_ready_to_ship); ?></td>

in:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('products_ready_to_ship', '1', (($product['products_ready_to_ship'] == '1') ? true : false)); ?></td>

to fix the ready to ship checkbox not being checked when it should. And when it's checked and saved, the value isn't saved.

When I search admin/categories.php for the portion I'm supposed to modify I can't find it at all. Could someone tell me what line it is on so I can get this updated.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to change the date format displayed on the Delivery Information and subsequent pages. It is currently "2005-09-19"...I would like it to read "09-19-2005".

Can anyone share a fix for this?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

osCommerce MS2

SPPC incl. Specials By Category, Prices By Category

Vendors, Easy Populate, UPS XML, USPS Methods

They only apply when you have installed the packaging part of the UPSXML contribution (hint: don't).

By the "packaging part" I believe you are referring to the Dimensional Support feature. I didn't plan on installing this. So now I only have 1.1.5 w/o Dimensions installed. I also have the Add Weight To Products Attributes 0.2 installed. Now, like others, I am getting the wrong weight and probably price displayed in the shopping cart. A 1.5 pound item is displaying at 4.5 pounds. It looks like the UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix by HallMarc on 8-21-05 may fix this. It says...

IMPORTANT!!!! This modification is ONLY for those who have the following to contributions added already.

UPS XML Rates 1.1.5a (Original file by Torin Walker)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1323

and

Add Weight To Product Attributes v0.1 (Original file by kumar mcmillan)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1622

So does that mean that I would have to install the Dimensional Support in 1.1.5 and then the 1.1.5a fix in order for this to work? Or maybe there is another way to fix this incorrect weight problem?

Thank you. ;)

By the "packaging part" I believe you are referring to the Dimensional Support feature.
Yes, that's right.
I also have the Add Weight To Products Attributes 0.2 installed. Now, like others, I am getting the wrong weight and probably price displayed in the shopping cart. A 1.5 pound item is displaying at 4.5 pounds. It looks like the UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix by HallMarc on 8-21-05 may fix this.
Right again, although in my recollection it was the other way around (attributes weight not being added to the shipping, so a 4.5 pound item shipped as 1.5).
So does that mean that I would have to install the Dimensional Support in 1.1.5 and then the 1.1.5a fix in order for this to work? Or maybe there is another way to fix this incorrect weight problem?

No, Dimensional Support and the 1.1.5a fix are related, but they are not related whatsoever to the Attributes weight fix by HallMarc.

Thank you JanZ for your help so far! B)

I tried installing the UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix after your last post but had no luck. The shipping weight was still being displayed as 3 times more than the actual weight. My item was set at 1.5 lbs and the upsxml module said it was 4.5 lbs in the shopping cart.

At that point I had the following contribs installed...

Simple Template System 3.0b2

UPS XML Rates v1.1.5

UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix

Add Weight To Product Attributes v0.2

So after it didn't work I decided to start from scratch with a brand new store install to try and figure it out. With a clean install I then tested the order process and it worked perfectly. I then installed UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 exactly as the instructions said. Then I configured the UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 and attempted to order an item through the store. I proceded to checkout, signed in under my customer account, then at the next page (checkout_shipping.php) I received the following error...

1146 - Table 'mydatabase.TABLE_PACKAGING' doesn't exist

[TEP STOP]

I thought that I may have done something wrong when I installed the UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 since the order worked before I installed it. So I then installed another fresh store and successfully ordered a product. Then after I installed UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 properly and configured it I still got this same error at the same point.

I looked at the database with myphpadmin and this did not exist like the error said. Some code from the UPS XML Rates v1.1.5 must be looking for this in the database. I've searched the forums here without finding an answer. How do I get past this one?

Thanks

I tried installing the UPS xml R & S and Attr w/ weights fix after your last post but had no luck. The shipping weight was still being displayed as 3 times more than the actual weight. My item was set at 1.5 lbs and the upsxml module said it was 4.5 lbs in the shopping cart.
Strange error...
I received the following error...

1146 - Table 'mydatabase.TABLE_PACKAGING' doesn't exist

A lot of people got into trouble with that. The last maintainer put in:

// if using the optional dimensional support, set to 1, otherwise leave as 0
define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1);

and it should have been:

// if using the optional dimensional support, set to 1, otherwise leave as 0
define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0);