• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

I got the UPS XML up and running sort of. It seems to be working ok without error but I only get 1 choice when the shipping page comes up is UPS Express Saver even though I have other choices checkmarked in the admin. Any help please

I am using 1.1.4 by the way

Edited by MDXMan

I have added support for insurance with the UPS XML rates. It will figure the the insurance rate based on the cart value for all boxes. Insurance can be enabled disabled in the admin menu. Only 1 file updated /catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php.

Hello there. I installed this module and it seems to be working OK. The only problem I get is when I ship from the US to Canada I get the following error:

270013: Invalid Shipment Contents Value. I did a search and noticed a few other people also got the same error number but I didn't see any sort of solution for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

David J.

After installation, and set it up without any error and after add the acces key, the UPS module showed up at the checkout, but without any rates.

I'll tryed to change some settings in the admin, but nothing changes, no rates at all.

Check all manual added codes in other files, but they are ok, and no errors or scripts errors.

Has someone any id what it could be?

Edited by John2b

No clue, but check the shipping/upsxml.php file and find the part that talks about logging the xml requests and replies. At least it will tell you what UPS sends back...

Thats what I have done, but the log keeps totally empty

the log keeps totally empty
Extraordinary. Are you sure the file can be written to (777?) by the webserver? The directory itself should not be writable of course so it needs different permission settings than the other files in that directory.

Extraordinary. Are you sure the file can be written to (777?) by the webserver? The directory itself should not be writable of course so it needs different permission settings than the other files in that directory.

Sorry, of course I did set it to 777

First I put the file in a wrong directory en getting a PhP error, which was very clear. After I corrected the dirertory and the file permissions no errors anymore.

Hello,

I currently have an older UPS contribution - because it allows me to set a minimum shipping fee. I do not see that this new module allows for that. Does it? Please reply. And if it does not, does anyone know how to set that up? Help.I may be able to bring inthe code from the other one, but I'm not sure if that will work. HELP.

Kim

I currently have an older UPS contribution - because it allows me to set a minimum shipping fee. I do not see that this new module allows for that. Does it?

No, not out of the box. But you can add it to the code if you like.

In the top of the document you could add the minimum shipping fee like:

$this->unit_length = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_UNIT_LENGTH;
       $this->handling_fee = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_HANDLING;
       $this->minimum_shipping_fee = '35.00';
       $this->quote_type = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_QUOTE_TYPE;

Then around line 278 change the code a little bit:

END of doing things differently:  */

//                    $methods[] = array('id' => $type, 'title' => $_type, 'cost' => ($this->handling_fee + $cost));
                   $methods[] = array('id' => $type, 'title' => $_type, 'cost' => (($this->handling_fee + $cost < $this->minimum_shipping_fee) ? $this->minimum_shipping_fee : ($this->handling_fee + $cost)) );

That should do it.

I?ve been sifting thru different posts trying to find out if someone else has had this problem. I?m at a loss to what I did wrong.

When I log onto my admin section I get the message:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hazelt2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1323) in /home/hazelt2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

When I attempt to install the UPS XML module it gives me this error:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hazelt2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1323) in /home/hazelt2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hazelt2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1323) in /home/hazelt2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

I followed the instructions of the contributions "read me" folder but still get this error.

If you've seen this error or know how to fix it please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

You did read the osCommerce knowledge base on the common problem Cannot Add Header Information - Headers Already Sent?

Thank you very much JanZ! It fixed the problem I was having in my admin section.

Unfortunately now I have an error when I attempt to checkout.

1146 - Table 'hazeltop3_osc1.TABLE_PACKAGING' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PACKAGING order by package_cost;

[TEP STOP]

This is very frustrating to me because I am so not technologically savy.

Thank you very much JanZ! It fixed the problem I was having in my admin section.

[TEP STOP]

This is very frustrating to me because I am so not technologically savy.

you need to find the define for TABLE_PACKAGING

define('TABLE_PACKAGING', 'packaging');

the 'packaging' needs to be whatever is used in this contribution

i dunno just browsing around since a few months and hope to help out a bit

good luck Melissa, i am going to dissapear again for a while......lol

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

The root cause is that in includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php (from 1.1.5) there is a line early in the file that says:

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1);

Make it:

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0);

and the error will go away.

This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface
and I get nothing...

I have this fu*** error, and I can't find a solution. Here there somebody who can help me, on this, or have the solution ?

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement

I have this fu*** error, and I can't find a solution.
So of course you started enabling logging in the includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php file (around line 70) before you went to the forum:

// to enable logging, create an empty "upsxml.log" file at the location you set below, give it write permissions (777) and uncomment the next line
      $this->logfile = '/path/to/the/file/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.log';

and what was the UPS response? The error code is from upsxml (around line 780) so at least you have a connection:

function _parseResult($xmlResult) {
       // Parse XML message returned by the UPS post server.
       $doc = new XMLDocument();
       $xp = new XMLParser();
       $xp->setDocument($doc);
       $xp->parse($xmlResult);
       $doc = $xp->getDocument();
       // Get version. Must be xpci version 1.0001 or this might not work.
       $responseVersion = $doc->getValueByPath('RatingServiceSelectionResponse/Response/TransactionReference/XpciVersion');
       if ($this->xpci_version != $responseVersion) {
           $message = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_COMM_VERSION_ERROR;
           return $message;
       }