• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

I stand corrected on my previous comment that the "Delete" function doesn't work. It seems that if I try to delete the first package that is selected when you first enter the packaging screen, that it will not delete that package, but if you select another package and then try to delete, it works fine.

Revisiting the packaging weight issue:

For stores that have a wide variety of products in just as wide a variety of sizes, it would be very helpful if the native osC function for adding packaging weight as a % increase over product weight could be used within this module.

Consider this scenario-

I have set the default dimensions on all products at 6x6x6, but I have products that are 1x1/2x1/2 all the way up to 24x15x15. Unless I go into my products and edit the dimensions for each to their actual size, and create a couple of dozen (minimum) different packages in shipping, I could be faced with shipping (2) 1x1/2x1/2 screws in a 12x6x6 box. With the native osC % increase function, I am able to determine a value for packaging weight that isn't dependant on individually specifying the size of each item in the catalog and an appropriate container.

I appreciate the value of the packaging algorithm if you are selling and shipping only CDs for instance, but for extremely varied products, it would be nice if one could use a % increase for packaging weight with no concern to package size unless the product fell into the oversized package category (over 84" length + girth), which could be accomodated by selecting "Ship in own box" in most cases.

Thoughts, anyone?

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found the bug in the packing algorithm (the one Thomas was talking about)

in line 450:

$productsRemaining = array_slice($productsRemaining, $p + 1);

it should be

$productsRemaining = array_slice($productsRemaining, $p);

because the $productsRemaining[$p] product has not been packed yet and shouldn't be taken out of the array.

Furthermore, packProducts function treats downloadable software as physical objects to be packed so I added this codes to eliminate such products from the list.

for ($i = 0; $i < count($productsArray); $i++) {

$product = $productsArray[$i];

$downloadableflag = false;

if (is_array($product['attributes'])) {

reset($product['attributes']);

while (list($opt, $value) = each($product['attributes'])) {

$virtual_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad where pa.products_id = '" . $product['id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $opt . "' and pa.options_values_id = '" . $value . "' and pa.products_attributes_id = pad.products_attributes_id");

$virtual_check = tep_db_fetch_array($virtual_check_query);

if ($virtual_check['total'] > 0) $downloadableflag = true;

}

}

if (!$downloadableflag) {

for ($j = 0; $j < $productsArray[$i]['quantity']; $j++) {

$productsRemaining[] = $product;

}

}

}

in replace of :

for ($i = 0; $i < count($productsArray); $i++) {

$product = $productsArray[$i];

for ($j = 0; $j < $productsArray[$i]['quantity']; $j++) {

$productsRemaining[] = $product;

}

}

I hope that works.

Hi,

Can someone show me how to install this. The readme.txt says only upload those four file. what about the rest of the file what do i do with them? and what are they use for? anyone got any clue.. Please.. someone show me how to get this working and also can someone give me a link to the contribution. Is there going to be a new version coming out soon? Becuase i saw some bugs on this thread. Can someone tell me if this is working or still buggy..

thanks

We are recieving the same error as someone else in this post.

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_COMM_UNKNWON_ERROR : Rating and Service 1.0001 0

The funny thing about this is the fact that we are our own hosting company and hav every thing installed from a-z on our servers. We know that curl and ssl are installed and working without trouble. we also have installed in the oscommece store the Fedex 2.0 contribution and it is pulling rate just fine.

The only suggestion i can make to fixing this error is that someone take a look at the difference between MS1 and MS2. We were running MS1 and the ver 1.0 of the upsxml contribution and had no trouble untill we upgraded to MS2 and ver 1.02 of upsxml. Now all we get is that stupid error. We have tried every setting possible.

One other thing that we did do at the same time was upgrade php to ver. 4.3.2. We were only running ver. 4.2.3 up to this point. Like I said earlier though the Fedex contribution works just fine.

SOme help on this trouble would be greatly appreciated.

I solved our problem early this morning. The solution I found was in adding some code to the curl part of one file. I added 2 line of code to the upsxml.php file in cat/incl/mod/ship/ at line 595.

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 0);

As soon as I added these line everything worked great. Before that the error log was showing nothing for a response from UPS. That should help many of you.

Also another problem found in code and solved.

If you are using demension enabled you will have to make manual changes to the admin/inclues/classes/shopping_cart.php because there is no file included in the contribution and if you read the instruction you need to make those changes or use the file included. Also I would suggest manually changing the admin/categories.php file also because it is quite different than the one supplied. If any one has any question let me know, I am trying to make a contribution out of all the change I have made but it may be a couple of days.

I have done more testing and you can actually set the following and will still work fine. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the curl options to tell any one what they really mean.

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 1);

I'm getting error..

here is the error..

United Parcel Service (XML)

250003: Invalid Access License number

If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact via Email.

Anyone know this error>?>

i just got a access key

I thought the access key was my ups account :)

heeheh

duh...

everything working now..

One question..

Why is that UPS GROUND is like 2 BUCKS higher then the FEDEX GROUND??

can someone explain that..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

"Thanks for the advice

I removed the registered symbol as stated earlier in the post. That seemed to clear up some of the the issues I've bee having. I hope that little buggy is cleared up too"

Could you please tell me how you removed symbol R?

I am having hard time finding it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone who has both the UPSXML and Attributes Soter & Copier with weight (v5.1) installed run into a problem with the UPSXML not including the weight of attributes?

If so, could you share the solution

(running heavily modified 2.2 from Dec. 2002)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

i'm also running MS2.2 and when I try to use the module it gives me the following error:

111510: Unsupported packaging requested.

does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? at least it looks like it's trying to connect to the UPS site.

And I'd like to thank everyone who has put a huge amount of effort to make this module work.

Barbara

I am using this on an oscommerce install of 2.2ms2 and cannot for the life of me get it to work. I keep getting the following error:

110000: XML Rating and Service Selection Service Unavailable

any ideas?

PS I never had any of the other UPS modules working either... :rolleyes:

In reference to the error:

115582: Invalid Customer Classification Code

I posted my message a little too soon...

for the invalid customer classification.. it didn't matter what type of pickup option I chose, UPS returned an invalid code. In the admin/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php, I had to hard code the classification code to 03 and everything is peachy keen now.

I doubt my troubleshooting will help anyone, but if anyone needs help and they are running freebsd with Plesk, just let me know.

Gisele

Where in upsxml.php would I need to hardcode this, and what are the classification codes?

Like Gisele I spoke too soon.

For everyone else:

Around Line 570 in upsxml.php

Replace:

" <Code>". $this->customer_classification ."</Code>\n".

with:

" <Code>03</Code>\n".

Use Code 01 if you are billing to a UPS account and have daily pickup

Use Code 03 if you do not have a UPS account, or do not have daily pickup

Use Code 04 if you are shipping from a retail outlet

:D

Now all I have to do is find the dang UPS image.

Greg.

• 2 weeks later...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /home/xan2/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 590

I checked with my host and curl is installed

---------------------------------------------------------------

root@secure6 [~]# rpm -q curl

curl-7.9.8-1

root@secure6 [~]#

---------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas why this would happen?

i had to recompile PHP on my server to make it work (--with-curl).. Installing cURL is not enough..

Regards,

Stephan Gebbers

I have the same issue, by we do not own our web host server. Any suggestion about recompiling PHP?

To answer some of your questions:

"I get a curl_init error..."

Sounds like curl needs to be enabled on your system. Go into admin->tools->server info page and take a look at the "Configure Command"

line. Look for the flag '--with-curl'. If you aren't the administrator of your own website, ask the hosting ISP whether they can enable CURL by either installing the necessary libraries, or adding the appropriate flag.

Fatal Error: curl_int()

I've had our host re-compile PHP and verify curl is installed and is showing '--with-curl' under the configure command. Still not working.

Any other suggestions?

Torin,

Any idea why the shipping total would be doubled when using your upsxml module with ship-in-cart?

It only seems to be doubled when using your upsxml module. If I used the standard ups module, the shipping total is correct.

thanks for any advice

• 3 weeks later...