• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

I was thinking the same thing but just to be sure i created a test script to see for sure.

In the END it actually created more questions than answers.

let me know your thoughts.

running the curl test from my local server to UPS. it WORKS. I got returned data.

Running the exact same code on the server with the issue. INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

OK this absolutely looks like a server configuration issue right?

NEXT i tried changing the URL for the curl script to my dev server coding the php script to receive the XML and just spit it back to the sender.

Using this new URL on the affected server.. IT WORKS!? No ERROR and it is showing the XML on the screen returned from the remote script.

THIS is where I really lost it as i EXPECTED to see the same error.

What are your thoughts?

thanks!

Your server really doesn't like the UPS server. This could be some kind of a security setting. cURL is a weird beast at the best of times. Sorry, I have no idea how to find out what's happening, other than bug your host of course.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 months later...

I'm getting the following error message from UPS for any destination other than US with Require Signature set to other than "No" in admin:

111150: The Delivery Confirmation option is unavailable with the selected service.
If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact store via email.

I have UPSXML version 1.51 on osCommerce 2.3.4

Edited by Irin

I'm getting the following error message for domestic shipping and amount above $500 in the cart:

111365: The requested service is not available through the selected acquisition type.

The same amount in the cart but international shipping, there is this message and no quotes:

111025: The maximum declared amount was exceeded. Maximum value per package: 500 USD.

Is anybody else having the same problems?

There is nothing wrong with the module; UPS is returning that message when you ask for a quote. I suggest that you call them and ask for an explanation of what it means, and what can be done to get quotes without triggering the message.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Intalled:  OSCommerce 2.3.3

Installed:  UPSXML_v1_5_1

I have followed the install instructions very carefully and I am still get this error: This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface.  Can someone please help me!! I have in countless weekend on this one problem, and I still cannot get it to work.  I am so frustrated with this UPS Module....ready to scrap this cart. 

Below is my error log file:

DATE AND TIME: 2015-08-22 21:25:44

UPS URL: https://ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>xxxxxxxxx</UserId>

<Password>xxxxxxxxxxxx</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<PickupType>

<Code>06</Code>

</PickupType>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<ShipperNumber>xxxxxxxxx</ShipperNumber>

<Address>

<City>ALABASTER</City>

<StateProvinceCode>AL</StateProvinceCode>

<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>

<PostalCode>xxxxxx</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Niagara Falls</City>

<StateProvinceCode>NY</StateProvinceCode>

<PostalCode>xxxxx</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<Dimensions>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>IN</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Length>12.000</Length>

<Width>12.000</Width>

<Height>12.000</Height>

</Dimensions>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>3</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

<RateInformation>

<NegotiatedRatesIndicator/>

</RateInformation>

</Shipment>

<CustomerClassification>

<Code>01</Code>

</CustomerClassification>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>13.37</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference 

Install: OSCommerce 2.3.3

Installed:  UPS XML v1_5_1

I followed the install(s) very carefully, but my shipping quotes are not visible to my customers... it says, "This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface."   Can someone please help me!  I cannot sell anything! I have become so extremely frustrated with this module that I am ready to scrap this oscommerce cart.

Below is my log file:

DATE AND TIME: 2015-08-23 16:29:44

UPS URL: https://ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate

UPS REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>xxxxxxxxxx</UserId>

<Password>xxxxxxxxxx</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>

<RequestOption>shop</RequestOption>

</Request>

<PickupType>

<Code>06</Code>

</PickupType>

<Shipment>

<Shipper>

<ShipperNumber>xxxxxxxx</ShipperNumber>

<Address>

<City>ALABASTER</City>

<StateProvinceCode>AL</StateProvinceCode>

<PostalCode>35007</PostalCode>

</Address>

</Shipper>

<ShipTo>

<Address>

<City>Niagara Falls</City>

<StateProvinceCode>NY</StateProvinceCode>

<PostalCode>14305</PostalCode>

<ResidentialAddressIndicator/>

</Address>

</ShipTo>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<Dimensions>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>IN</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Length>12.000</Length>

<Width>12.000</Width>

<Height>12.000</Height>

</Dimensions>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>3</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<Dimensions>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>IN</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Length>12.000</Length>

<Width>12.000</Width>

<Height>12.000</Height>

</Dimensions>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>3</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<Dimensions>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>IN</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Length>12.000</Length>

<Width>12.000</Width>

<Height>12.000</Height>

</Dimensions>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>3</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

<Package>

<PackagingType>

<Code>02</Code>

</PackagingType>

<Dimensions>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>IN</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Length>12.000</Length>

<Width>12.000</Width>

<Height>12.000</Height>

</Dimensions>

<PackageWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>3</Weight>

</PackageWeight>

<PackageServiceOptions>

</PackageServiceOptions>

</Package>

<RateInformation>

<NegotiatedRatesIndicator/>

</RateInformation>

</Shipment>

<CustomerClassification>

<Code>00</Code>

</CustomerClassification>

</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

UPS RESPONSE: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>44.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>60.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>60.60</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>15.15</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>53.48</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>44.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>134.40</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>134.40</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.60</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>115.24</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>44.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>193.16</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>193.16</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>48.29</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>164.60</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>13</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>44.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>421.32</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>421.32</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>105.33</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>356.24</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>44.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>595.00</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>595.00</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>8:00 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>148.75</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>595.00</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>44.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>477.68</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>477.68</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>10:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>119.42</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>11.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage><NegotiatedRates><NetSummaryCharges><GrandTotal><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>403.60</MonetaryValue></GrandTotal></NetSummaryCharges></NegotiatedRates></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

Check that your UPS Rates Access Key, Username, and Password are correct. Also check that you are on the Production and not the Test server.

Regards

Jim

I checked my Access Key, Username , Password and everything is correct.  As far as the Production server, which one is correct, because I've tried them both. It seems to be working correctly from the backend the user only see: This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface.

I don't know what else to do.

$this->host = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_MODE == 'Test') ? 'www.ups.com':'ups.com')

$this->host = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_MODE == 'Test') ? 'wwwcie.ups.com':'ups.com')

The XML that you posted above is correct and contains a set of quotes for services to the location you specified. It appears that the module that you are using is not processing the quote correctly. I believe that this module works, and this one should work. I don't know about any of the others.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

The XML that you posted above is correct and contains a set of quotes for services to the location you specified. It appears that the module that you are using is not processing the quote correctly. I believe that this module works, and this one should work. I don't know about any of the others.

Regards

Jim

@kymation  / Jim

Has anyone modified either versions you reference to work with MVS? We are having some issues with the UPSXML that is package with MVS. Mostly path and other issues with the older XMLDocument path and the XML parser. If so, where can we download them from? BTW: we are running OSC 2.3.4 if that makes a difference.  

Thanks,

Ed

I am not aware of any newer module being modified for MVS. I am still using the old module in several stores, however they use a limited number of UPS services.

We should probably discuss this in the MVS thread to avoid confusing the regular users.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm using UPS XML v1.5 with dimensional support on osc v2.3.4, php v5.6.15. The problem is that package dimensions are not saved in the database, shipping_boxes_used table is empty. I checked the installation steps, and they seem to be correct.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Assuming you did the sql entries listed, then under your admin/configuration/shipping packaging you should see

"Store result of packing routines"  and it should be set to true

I'm not really a dog.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a problem... I have a new "fresh" install of oscommerce 2.3.4 and I have most of the features, content moved over from an old store I had running on oscommerce 2.2-M2.  I installed and have been using the UPS XML shipping module on my 2.2-M2 store now for some time and love it.  I am trying to install it on my 2.3.4 store before I go live with it and each time I install UPS XML V1.5 or V1.5.1 on oscommerce 2.3.4 - when I go into the admin section of the store, click on modules, and select shipping - the "install modules" button now says there is (6) modules instead of the default (5) - but when I click on the button it only lists 3 of the shipping opitions (non of which is UPS) and it crashes the right side of the screen where I would have the option to install the module.

I have made the SQL changes, and followed the install guide (which appears pretty simple) 3 times now - with the same results.

Not sure if anyone has run across this or has any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

THANKS!

That almost always means a broken module file. Try temporarily deleting the file that you just uploaded to /includes/modules/shipping/ and try the install screen again. If it works correctly, there is something wrong with the file you uploaded.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Understand that this seems to be the issue that won't die but looking for some help to come from a slightly different direction.  We have shipments that are over 150lb.  All I want to do is edit the error to have the customer call us.  I've looked through several of the php files focusing on those in the english folder and searching through the forum without luck.  Any suggestions on where to find the error text?

hello,

I am using osc234 bootstrap and UPSXML_v1_5 on our website.

everything has been working great.

today i received errors when 3 customers ordered.

UPSXML Rates Error: : experienced by customer with id 784 on 2016-01-20 16:11:24

Error from cURL: Error [35]: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version experienced by customer with id 784 on 2016-01-20 16:11:24

i received an email from ups 

Security Upgrade Required for UPS® Developer Kit APIs

Action is Required

UPS is in the process of upgrading communication security protocols for all web-based applications, including UPS Developer Kit Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), which are used to integrate UPS functionality into your website and applications.

Effective January 26, 2016, the UPS test environment will require the TLS 1.2 security protocol, and will be available for your system testing.

Effective May 31, 2016, UPS will require the TLS 1.2 security protocol in production. After that date, any communication requests submitted to UPS using older protocols (TLS 1.1 or earlier) will fail.

NOTE: From January 19 through May 31, 2016, you may see intermittent failures for any non-compliant transactions.

Please contact your company's IT department or your development team to ensure that any security protocols currently used meet the TLS 1.2 requirement. If you have Java enabled, you must be using version 1.7 or higher to use TLS 1.2. 

as for my troubleshooting i double checked my ssl certificate and everything is fine.

i need some suggestions,

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm using UPS XML v1.5 with dimensional support on osc v2.3.4, php v5.6.15. The problem is that package dimensions are not saved in the database, shipping_boxes_used table is empty. I checked the installation steps, and they seem to be correct.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I still can't get package dimensions to save in the database. The table is empty. Please help! Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I posted the following in the wrong place, but got the right answers from @@MrPhil and @@Jack_msc, so just wanted to share in case someone else has same issue.

_________

I am migrating to OsCommerce 2.3.4BS PHP 5.6 and trying to install UPSXML_V1_5. I am getting the following error

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/..../..._html/admin/includes/classes/xml.php on line 139

I have no idea what to do and am stuck,

if i am using the wrong module please let me know, as i only saw 1 comment that it woks for someone with 2.3.4 Bootstrap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answers:

MrPhil

The error message tells you that PHP doesn't like something in the code syntax. The add-on's documentation says that it's been tested up throught PHP 5.3.3, which is now fairly old. PHP has outlawed pass by reference. Google the error message you got.

The code contains a number of lines similar to

xml_parser_set_option(&$this->parser, XML_OPTION_CASE_FOLDING, false);

and I don't think PHP allows

&$this->parser

style code any more. Try just removing the ampersand (&) and see if that works. You'll need to do this on multiple lines.

Jack_mcs

The error is due to code no longer allowed in php. If you look at that line, you will the & symbol. Remove it  and that should fix the problem. if you are not sure, post the link here and someone will show the proper change.

Thanks to both of them.

@@Lary_an

You can also find a lot of answers by using Google for php errors.  Simply Google "Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed" and you'll find where this has been discussed such as Stackoverflow where you can learn more about the solution and why it needs to be changed. 

I'm not really a dog.