• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

popoup_shipping: With your changes, the customer would have to enter city and state for UPS to work. A dummy would only work if the dummy values were valid for that zip code.

Weight cap: Have you checked the database field size?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

popoup_shipping: With your changes, the customer would have to enter city and state for UPS to work. A dummy would only work if the dummy values were valid for that zip code.

Weight cap: Have you checked the database field size?

Regards

Jim

Thank you for the reply.

In the products table it reads: products_weight decimal(5,2) No None 0.00

Does that mean 99999.99 max?

After installing upsxml, any item in my shop heavier than 1000 lbs. now has 999.99 and can't be set higher.

I scanned the two upsxml .sql files, and the dimensional file has: " package_max_weight DECIMAL(6,2) DEFAULT '50' NOT NULL, " but I don’t know if that’s relevant.

as for popup_shipping I would sure like to ditch that (hate popping up) in favor of a more graceful shopping_cart "on-page" that would work with upsxml and fedex web services. Can you suggest any particular contribution for that? The Estimated Shipping 1.7a is what I am using and would require some rework as you noted.

I'm also trying to have upsxml disable itself once a certain weight (and/or box count) is met. Below is the code from FedEx RTQ that accomplished this with some in-admin settings. Could you help me adapt something similar to upsxml? Or is there and easier way perhaps?

if ((MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_WEIGHT != 'NONE' && MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_WEIGHT != '' && $this->cart_weight > MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_WEIGHT) || (MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_QUANTITY_OF_SHIP_BOXES != 'NONE' && MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_QUANTITY_OF_SHIP_BOXES != '' && $this->cart_shipping_num_boxes > MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_MAX_QUANTITY_OF_SHIP_BOXES))
       return false;

-Dave

decimal(5,2) means five digits total, two after the decimal point, which is 999.99. Increase that as needed to hold your maximum weight.

package_max_weight should be set to the heaviest single package that you want to ship UPS. Any weight over this will be divided into multiple packages of equal weight and the shipping quote will be based on those packages.

I use MVS to separate products into classes for different shipping methods. If you just want to disable the UPS module above a certain weight, the code you posted inserted into the check() method should work. Note that this will disable the module if the customer orders a quantity of products that add up to more than your limit, even if the order could be broken into multiple packages and shipped UPS. The resulting freight quote will usually be more expensive, and that can cost you sales.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 weeks later...

I've installed this module as instructed and the only problem I'm having is that ONLY Ground is showing up in the cart. None of the other UPS Methods, i.e. Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air. Does anyone know why this is an issue?

Is there a way for me to display a shipping estimator box while using this add-on? I get asked 3-5 times a week about shipping cost and I see many other websites have a separate box to estimate my shipping by a simple entry of zip code without having to create / login in to an account

Thanks

Anyone else site stop working recently? Im getting a

Error from cURL: Error [7]: couldn't connect to host experienced by customer with id 12 on 2011-09-04 15:53:40

United Parcel Service: :

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact Grayson Hobby via Email

Edited by graysonhobby

I can't seem to get the module to work and don't know where to look to fix. this is what it says in checkout

United Parcel Service shipping_ups.gifpixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif :

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact Foxfire Herbals Store via Email.

Also, when I click the "CHECK OUT" my site takes forever...Im thinking its a UPS issue?

• 3 weeks later...
Error from cURL: Error [7]: couldn't connect to host experienced by customer with id 12 on 2011-09-04 15:53:40

Yep, I'm having the same problem. I'm going to try upgrading to the latest version tonight and see if it solves the problem.

Edited by cgchris99

• 1 month later...

Problem: No UPS rates shown if customer enters an address the module doesn't like.

If perfect address = show rates.

However, customers are entering whatever address syntax they typically do, and no rates appear....the module doesn't appear at all.

This has resulted in several orders coming in with no shipping charge.

Our sales reps are ripping me a new one, my boss is PISSED and our company controller is throwing fits.

ANY suggestions or help will be welcome.

Problem started when I upgraded

from v1.2.6 2007/02/02

to v 1.3.7 2009/08/27

...no idea how I got 1.3.7....when v1.3.9.2 is available....I'll push that update and see if it solves the problem.

If you've got any additional suggestions I'm all ears.

OSC v2.2

Edited by netstep

Sam M. - Seattle

I truly hope someone can help shed some light on this.

If there is any irregularity in the address, the UPS module fails to display.

I've enabled error reporting...it's logging the successes, but not the errors.

Sam M. - Seattle

I was obviously incorrect when I thought it was choking on the address....because it only checks down to the zip code/zone level.

When I switch between addresses, both with valid City, state,zip...one works perfectly and the other eliminates the UPSXML module completely. I don't get it.....

Sam M. - Seattle

I'M SUCH A TOOL....When I upgraded my test site I uninstalled and reinstalled = loaded new config vars.

However, when I put it into production I just updated the files.

...rookie move...I wish I could delete the last three posts.

Appears to be working fine. Shipping zone config var was messed up.

Sam M. - Seattle

• 4 months later...

What would be causing this to not show up during checkout?

The UPS add-on is installed and I am able to edit the options in my shipping module in my admin portal, but when I go to check out there are no shipping options and it just skips to payment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is far far more complicated than what I anticipated. The UPS site is redesigned and its too frustrating to find anything. I managed to somehow get an access key, but I have no idea how to find the password or the user id. Please help me. I wasted so much time I'm working for pennies at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having some errors from Admin Shipping Page

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /admin/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

any clue why?

Edited by ezrakuang

• 4 months later...

Anyone know why I may be getting this error:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/99/5463199/html/website/catalog/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

The error occurs when I try to checkout.

I am testing/sandboxing on OSC v2.3.3 running PHP 5.3

I found a similar problem but it was for a 2.2 store.

Dave

Problem solved and many thanks. It took me a while to find the thread but for anyone else that has the issue I had to replace the code in the /catalog/includes/classes/xml_5.php file.

Replace line 25 and 26 as follows:

replace line 25 with:

$xml_parser = new XML();

replace line 26 with:

$data = $xml_parser->parse($xml);

The thread for the fix is here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/388427-deprecated-assigning-the-return-value-of-new-by-reference-is-deprecated-inadminincludesclassesxml-5php-on-line-25/page__view__findpost__p__1644678

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys

can sombody please help me with this error, i have installed the ups module and now im getting an error message and i cant install any shipping modules at all

Fatal error: Class 'XML' not found in /home/jordo76/public_html/dsjtools.com/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 25

its driving me insane

thanks

dave

• 1 month later...

HI !

I've installed the module but for the customers it doesn't display the description of the different available methods, only the checkboxes with the price :

28.31 EURO 33.46 EURO shipping_ups.gif United Parcel Service (1 pkg x 1 kgs total)

how can i do to display more informations ? Thanks for your help !

cedric

here is the config :

United Parcel Service (XML)

Enable UPS Shipping

True

UPS Rates Access Key

E***************

UPS Rates Username

UPS Rates Password

Pickup Method

Daily Pickup

Packaging Type

Package

Customer Classification Code

Shipping Origin

European Union Origin

Origin City

roquebrune sur argens

Origin State/Province

Origin Country

FR

Origin Zip/Postal Code

Test or Production Mode

Test

Quote Type

Residential

Negotiated rates

False

UPS Account Number

Manual Negotiated Rate

Handling Type

Flat Fee

Handling Fee

Enable Insurance

False

UPS Currency Code

EUR

Tax Class

tva normale

Shipping Zone

--aucun--

Sort order of display.

Disallowed Shipping Methods

Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, Ground, Worldwide Expedited, Standard, 3 Day Select, Next Day Air Saver, Next Day Air Early A.M., 2nd Day Air A.M., Express Early A.M., Today Standard, Today Dedicated Courier, Today Intercity, Today Express, Today Express Saver

Shipping Delay

Email UPS errors

Yes

Time in Transit View Type

Detailed

Display Weight

True

• 3 weeks later...

I have gone through and completed all the installation steps except for step 3 of the installation which is:

In catalog/admin/modules.php

Find This code somewhere around line 48:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   switch ($action) {
     case 'save':
       reset($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']);
       while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

INSERT THE FOLLOWING CODE AFTER THE ABOVE LINE:

if (is_array($value) ) {
         $value = implode( ", ", $value);
    $value = preg_replace ("/, --none--/", "", $value);
  }

SO IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS:

switch ($action) {
     case 'save':
       if (is_array($value) ) {
    $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
  }
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;
     case 'install':

I've have installed USPS Rate V4 Intl Rate V2 - v.1.7 and Dynamic Template System which both made changes to this code. So before making the changes above my file looks like this:

switch ($action) {
  case 'save':
 reset($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']);
 // Dynamic Template System Start
 if((is_array($value)) && (!empty($value)))
 {
if (isset($set) && $set == "boxes")
{
$pages = '';
$count = count($value);
for($i=0 ; $i<$count; $i++)
{
$pages = "$pages$value[$i]";
tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $pages . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
}
}
else
{
// USPS START
tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
}
// USPS END
}
else tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
// Dynamic Template System End
}
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
    break;
  case 'install':

Without making any changes I am getting this error in Admin/Shipping/Modules when I have any number of of shipping methods selected in "Disallowed Shipping Methods."

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_--none-- in/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1043

Which is somewhat along the lines of the note in the instructions:

NOTE1: if you fail to do this step you will get the following error message when editing UPS XML in the admin:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /path/to/your/shop_root/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1010

And a relate error on checkout_shipping is:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant UPSXML_--none-- in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1009

The errors go away if I don't select any shipping methods to disallow, but I need to disallow some based on the products I sell.

Hopefully someone can help with getting the code above straightened out to work with all 3 modules.

The install was easy enough, but I am getting no quotes. Just the fact that it is a 5 lb package. I turned on logging and get the following as a last line

<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.81</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.81</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.81</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>12.81</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>4.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>17.54</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>17.54</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>17.54</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>17.54</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>4.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>21.53</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>21.53</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>21.53</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>21.53</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>4.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>13</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.58</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.58</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.58</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>33.58</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>4.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>72.37</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>72.37</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>10:00 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>72.37</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>72.37</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>4.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>39.07</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>39.07</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>12:00 Noon</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>39.07</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>39.07</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>4.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>5.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

Don't know what to look at next since I can't get past the first test.

Do I have to do something with the old UPS module? There was no reference to it in the instructions. I went to admin and removed it, but it still shows up.

Thanks for any help.