• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

My understanding is that the quotes received back from UPS do not include the ground or air fuel surcharges. Is this correct?

If so, how is the fuel charge generally handled by people? Does the company shipping the product pay out of their pocket for it? Or does that company instead add that fee on to the shipping price charged to the customer? I've already tweaked the shipping code a little. I'm thinking I could probably take the price the UPS site returns and increase it by the fuel charge percent. Or perhaps the client would be ok with charging a percent handling fee based on the price of the product. Anyone's thoughts would be helpful!

Thanks!

My understanding is that the quotes received back from UPS do not include the ground or air fuel surcharges. Is this correct?

Doesn't seem logical. Why give quotes and not include that? They come from the same server as the web interface of UPS uses I understood so it doesn't make sense that it is not included. You could check with UPS of course...

Edited by Jan Zonjee

why do I get this error when I enable ups xml:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_block from customers where customers_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'eb0345f7ea987ba41292bd78aa885fa3'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

how do i fix this problem? and I have godaddy for my webhosting and I do have that extra curl stuff for godaddy what else can it be?

Edited by kustomjs

Yeah sure, enable a shipping module and you get an error in something that resembles the query in login.php: :lol:

// Check if email exists
$check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");

how do i fix this problem? and I have godaddy for my webhosting and I do have that extra curl stuff for godaddy what else can it be?

No clue. Probably something in the contributions you added because customers_block is not standard osC stuff. One thing is sure, this has absolutely nothing to do with cURL of UPS.

Check your table customers in phpMyAdmin to see if there is something funny there, with customer with id 4.

well see the funny thing about this if I try to enable usps and canadapost and dhl it gives me a 2013 connection? and I just have ups install it works. so please explain the reason why this is doing like this?

Edited by kustomjs

well see the funny thing about this if I try to enable usps and canadapost and dhl it gives me a 2013 connection? and I just have ups install it works. so please explain the reason why this is doing like this?

Well, my crystal ball just fell to pieces last week so I can't see the code on your site.

I'm also having the 2013 issue. I've installed UPS XML shipping, but the module has been installed for several months and this error just recently cropped up. I have, however, recently added Canadian taxes and Canadian shipping fees (a handling fee and a low order fee only for international customers, to be exact).

While waiting on the checkout_shipping page to load, I get the following message (sometimes):

Categories

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

I'm also having the 2013 issue. I've installed UPS XML shipping, but the module has been installed for several months and this error just recently cropped up. I have, however, recently added Canadian taxes and Canadian shipping fees (a handling fee and a low order fee only for international customers, to be exact).

While waiting on the checkout_shipping page to load, I get the following message (sometimes):

Categories

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

Never seen that one before. And you only have that on checkout_shipping? No clue really. You could see if the A Store Speed Optimization in Progress, Step by step from a vanilla install! could be helpful in ascertaining how much queries there are and if you need to reduce that number.

Never seen that one before. And you only have that on checkout_shipping? No clue really. You could see if the A Store Speed Optimization in Progress, Step by step from a vanilla install! could be helpful in ascertaining how much queries there are and if you need to reduce that number.

Okay, my checkout shipping page gave me the following information: Current Parse Time: 13.657 s with 319 queries Obviously something needs to be done about that. Can you point me in the right direction?

Edited by beachkitty85

Okay, my checkout shipping page gave me the following information: Current Parse Time: 13.657 s with 319 queries Obviously something needs to be done about that. Can you point me in the right direction?

Follow the link. Probably your categories box is responsible for the bulk of the queries (excessive, 40 should be possible). Depends on how it is coded if you can use Optimize categories box right away or an adaptation of it.

Follow the link. Probably your categories box is responsible for the bulk of the queries (excessive, 40 should be possible). Depends on how it is coded if you can use Optimize categories box right away or an adaptation of it.

Okay, I installed optimize categories_box and optimize tep_get_tax_rate and now I'm down to: Current Parse Time: 5.076 s with 247 queries. So, I've gotten rid of 72 queries and 8.5 seconds. Any other contributions or posts that might help me? Thank so much.

I'm down to: Current Parse Time: 5.076 s with 247 queries. So, I've gotten rid of 72 queries and 8.5 seconds. Any other contributions or posts that might help me?

Rather off-topic here but you will need to install Output Queries Debug to learn what queries make up this insane number (probably a menu or category box). Then you can look for the source of them.

After doing all I can think of to lower my db queries, it's not helping the problem. It seemed to help, but it's hard to tell because the 2013 error comes and goes. Today it is occurring every single time I try and checkout. When I disable UPS XML shipping, the error immediately disappears. Also, the error does not appear on any other page except checkout_shipping. Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: This post sums up my problem exactly. I was just notified that the store is receiving the following 3 error messages when attempting to checkout:

UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: : experienced by customer with id 32 on 2007-10-01 10:55:13

UPSXML Rates Error:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

experienced by customer with id 32 on 2007-10-01 10:54:44

Error from cURL: Error [28]: connect() timed out! experienced by customer with id 32 on 2007-10-01 10:53:43

Edited by beachkitty85

Here is my upsxml.log

DATE AND TIME: 2007-10-01 11:39:26

UPS URL: https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/TimeInTransit

UPS REQUEST using exec(): <?xml version="1.0"?>

<AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<AccessLicenseNumber>xxx</AccessLicenseNumber>

<UserId>xxx</UserId>

<Password>xxx</Password>

</AccessRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<TimeInTransitRequest xml:lang="en-US">

<Request>

<TransactionReference>

<CustomerContext>Time in Transit</CustomerContext>

<XpciVersion>1.0002</XpciVersion>

</TransactionReference>

<RequestAction>TimeInTransit</RequestAction>

</Request>

<TransitFrom>

<AddressArtifactFormat>

<PoliticalDivision2>Charlotte</PoliticalDivision2>

<PoliticalDivision1>NC</PoliticalDivision1>

<CountryCode>US</CountryCode>

<PostcodePrimaryLow>28269</PostcodePrimaryLow>

</AddressArtifactFormat>

</TransitFrom>

<TransitTo>

<AddressArtifactFormat>

<PoliticalDivision2>Woodstock</PoliticalDivision2>

<PoliticalDivision1>ON</PoliticalDivision1>

<CountryCode>CA</CountryCode>

<PostcodePrimaryLow>N4S9A2</PostcodePrimaryLow>

<PostcodePrimaryHigh>N4S9A2</PostcodePrimaryHigh>

</AddressArtifactFormat>

</TransitTo>

<ShipmentWeight>

<UnitOfMeasurement>

<Code>LBS</Code>

</UnitOfMeasurement>

<Weight>0.6</Weight>

</ShipmentWeight>

<InvoiceLineTotal>

<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>

<MonetaryValue>9</MonetaryValue>

</InvoiceLineTotal>

<PickupDate>20071004</PickupDate>

</TimeInTransitRequest>

Ok this may seem like a stupid question to some of you, but where is the apropriate place for these four items? I did the USPS module just fine, had a better explination of where the approprite place was.

Extract the files to their appropriate locations. The files needed are:

catalog/admin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

catalog/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_block from customers where customers_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = 'eb0345f7ea987ba41292bd78aa885fa3'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

I am having this same issue. When I go to checkout_shipping.php I get the same error message (after a long loading pause). It started after I enabled the UPS XML Shipping module. When I uninstall it, the error goes away. I have searched everywhere for a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am having this same issue. When I go to checkout_shipping.php I get the same error message (after a long loading pause). It started after I enabled the UPS XML Shipping module. When I uninstall it, the error goes away. I have searched everywhere for a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OK, I figured out my own issue. Being on Godaddy I needed to add this code under the cURL command ( around line 888) to catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);
  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);
  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://64.202.165.130:3128");
  curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

Works great now. I am so smart!

Just installed the module and everything is there and the module is setup under the admin panel. BUT when i go to check out an item the UPS shipping options are not coming up?!?! I have modded the code to activate the error logging but there is nothing being logged. Any idea where i screwed up. like i said on the admin side everything is there.. BUT the catalog is not showing the UPS shipping options.

Just installed the module and everything is there and the module is setup under the admin panel. BUT when i go to check out an item the UPS shipping options are not coming up?!?!

Probably you chose a zone for this shipping option and the customer you are trying this with is not from that zone, hence the module is not loaded.

i need help. recently i've been getting a lot of e-mails sent to me regarding this error

UPSXML Rates Error: 111285: The postal code XXXXX is invalid for AL United States. experienced by customer with id (#) on (date)

i don't exactly know what the problem is. i've viewed all customer accounts and they don't show any of these postal codes that have these errors, nor are they in the state of AL.

i need help. recently i've been getting a lot of e-mails sent to me regarding this error

UPSXML Rates Error: 111285: The postal code XXXXX is invalid for AL United States. experienced by customer with id (#) on (date)

i don't exactly know what the problem is. i've viewed all customer accounts and they don't show any of these postal codes that have these errors, nor are they in the state of AL.

So? Doesn't mean this customer (you got his/her customer_id) does not have an address in his/her address book that is in the state of Alabama that he/she wants to send the shipment to.

So? Doesn't mean this customer (you got his/her customer_id) does not have an address in his/her address book that is in the state of Alabama that he/she wants to send the shipment to.

I don't exactly know what you are saying. Here's what I remember.

When people create accounts for State/Province: you have to type in your State. I remember for example when someone typed in CA, by default the account is always set to Alabama for some reason. One of the zip codes that I got this error from is 95662 (which i believe is in CA) .. however I got another postal code which is 03225. I've reviewed the accounts that are created, but none of them show this "customer id". Regardless, I don't exactly know why I'm getting this error because in order to even get to the UPS rates, you need to create an account and checkout.

okay an update.

for 03225 i found the customer. his state/province he wrote New Hampshire .. so I don't know why I get the error that it's AL?

as for zip code 95662 the state/province was set to Alabama.

i believe the error is the whole you type in CA then for some reason it doesn't allow abbreviations or something and then it goes to Alabama.

i think i may just install the state/province drop down list contribution in order to solve my problems.

Edited by jasyn

for 03225 i found the customer. his state/province he wrote New Hampshire .. so I don't know why I get the error that it's AL?

as for zip code 95662 the state/province was set to Alabama.

i believe the error is the whole you type in CA then for some reason it doesn't allow abbreviations or something and then it goes to Alabama.

i think i may just install the state/province drop down list contribution in order to solve my problems.

Yes, I think that installing a contribution like that is a good idea. The shipping code does not look at what people write in entry_state (table address_book) but instead to entry_zone_id to use the abbreviation for the state. The first one (id 1) is Alabama. It probably indeed goes wrong when people create an account.