• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Any ideas on why this one option is displaying in the wrong order?
Complaints should be directed to UPS. UPSXML does not rearrange the order of rates/services (see the function _parseResults, starts around line 915)

Anyway of making a FedEx module with dim support? I can do basic stuff...but when I looked at the code for both UPSXML and FedEx Direct I could see redesigning UPSXML to do FedEx was way beyond my feeble skills!

Anyway of making a FedEx module with dim support? I can do basic stuff...but when I looked at the code for both UPSXML and FedEx Direct I could see redesigning UPSXML to do FedEx was way beyond my feeble skills!
From the looks of it the FedEx Direct contribution is not set up to handle that. What is sent to FedEx looks like the weight of one box plus the shipping and sender details and then in the module the cost of shipping is the price for this one box multiplied by the number of boxes.

FedEx does also seem to have an XML type API which can handle dimensions (although the March 2006 documentation on it does not go in great detail how to handle multiple packages) but this has very little in common with the FedEx Direct contribution. I guess it would be easier to rewrite UPSXML for FedEx than FedEx Direct for their XML API. That is a major job....

I just installed and am getting the following error after installing the contrib in admin cp and attempting to edit it for my account settings.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_select_multioption() in /home/btnhboard/domains/btnhstore.com/private_html/admin/modules.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1

Any ideas?

Edited by sk187

Can anyone explain what up with it saying BR is not valid, I never even entered that.
That is something that you enter in the admin for the UPS XML contribution, under Origin State/Province. I can't recall a state with the abbreviation BR in the US, so I tend to assume UPS is right :rolleyes:

That is something that you enter in the admin for the UPS XML contribution, under Origin State/Province. I can't recall a state with the abbreviation BR in the US, so I tend to assume UPS is right :rolleyes:

I have everything entered in the admin cp correctly.

It is set to Zeeland MI 49464.

See, UPS is right. Zeeland is a province in the Netherlands :)

Have you tried MI in that field?

Jan,

I have all the information correct trust me.

Origin City

Zeeland

Origin State/Province

MI

Origin Country

US

Origin Zip/Postal Code

I have all the information correct trust me.
You are right, this should be correct. Only thing left is to enable logging (see /shipping/upsxml.php somewhere in the first 60-70 lines for instructions) and see what is sent to UPS. Then you can see if the BR is in the shippers address or the address where it is going to be shipped to (or perhaps there is no BR anywhere to be seen but the output might give a clue to where the problem is).

If you post that information, be aware that passwords etc. are in there! So replace that with nonsense.

I see this has been posted more than once but I have not found anybody offering a solution. I have installed the contribution but when I go to Admin and click on Shipping in Modules I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class xmldocument in /home/content/t/h/e/<databasename>/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php on line 19

Any help would be most appreciated because I cannot move forward with using this contribution.

I see this has been posted more than once but I have not found anybody offering a solution. I have installed the contribution but when I go to Admin and click on Shipping in Modules I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class xmldocument in /home/content/t/h/e/<databasename>/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php on line 19

Any help would be most appreciated because I cannot move forward with using this contribution.

You don't happen to have uploaded the /shipping/upsxml.php file to the language directory have you?

Hello,

For large items, I get the following error:

111050: Package exceeds the maximum size total constraints of 130 inches (length + girth, where girth is 2 x width plus 2 x height).
If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact mydomain.com via Email.

Is there a way to customize this message? If so, how?

Thanks in advance, :thumbsup:

Karim.

For large items, I get the following error:

111050: Package exceeds the maximum size total constraints of 130 inches (length + girth, where girth is 2 x width plus 2 x height).
If you prefer to use ups as your shipping method, please contact mydomain.com via Email.

Is there a way to customize this message? If so, how?

Probably you can do that yes. The error code comes straight from UPS and the error message is built up in two places. In function _parseResult($xmlResult) (around line 925 in /shipping/upsxml.php:

// Get response code. 1 = SUCCESS, 0 = FAIL
	$responseStatusCode = $doc->getValueByPath('RatingServiceSelectionResponse/Response/ResponseStatusCode');
	if ($responseStatusCode != '1') {
		$errorMsg = $doc->getValueByPath('RatingServiceSelectionResponse/Response/Error/ErrorCode');
		$errorMsg .= ": ";
		$errorMsg .= $doc->getValueByPath('RatingServiceSelectionResponse/Response/Error/ErrorDescription');

and then in the function quote($method = '') (around line 377):

} else {
		if ( $upsQuote != false ) {
			$errmsg = $upsQuote;
		} else {
			$errmsg = MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_UNKNOWN_ERROR;
		}
		$errmsg .= '<br>' . MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_RATES_TEXT_IF_YOU_PREFER . ' ' . STORE_NAME.' via <a href="mailto:'.STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS.'"><u>Email</U></a>.';
		$this->quotes = array('module' => $this->title, 'error' => $errmsg);
	}

If you know the error code you want to catch, you can change the message in _parseResult. Then you only need to find a way to recognize if the message in the function quote needs to be changed to. For example check if the first x characters contain "your" error code. For example along the lines of using:

strstr(substr($errmsg, 0, 20)), "111050")

Hey everyone,

I just installed the UPS XML Rates into another shop I'm developing and everything seems to be working except that underneath this...

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 4 lbs total) United Parcel Service (XML)

UPS Ground, 2007-04-05 $4.81

...I'm getting a weird listing of letters like this...

F F

F

P P

P

T T

T

T T

T

I I

I

D D

Does anyone have any clue at all what these letters are and what could be causing this???

I have followed the instructions in step 5 of the install which says...

1) Go to the configuration table in your database and change the type for

field "set_function" from VARCHAR(255) to TEXT

In the Admin side I have "disallowed" all rates except for UPS ground. Any ideas???

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

This is a bump. It moved down so fast...

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

sorry for the duplicates. Browser refresh problems:(

Edited by awarner20

You can bump this as much as you want but since this problem seems to be pretty unique (I never read about this, nor seen it ever) you are the only one in a position to research it.

So what have you done to research it? Did you try several destinations, did you try to enable more shipping methods and if so what happened, did you look at the HTML of that page: are these strange letters in the UPS quote or is it from somewhere else, did you setup and enable logging to see what UPS returns?

Hello, I have the UPS XML 1.2.6 installed. I have a need to use the Ready To Ship feature for only a few of the products we carry, but then have all of the rest be calculated using the standard UPS method. I do not want to use the dimensional support for any products other than the ones designated ready to ship.

When I enable Ready To Ship I get the following outcomes:

1) For items that do not use the Ready To Ship designation: UPSXML returns 0 lbs total and calculates based on the minimum shipping weight/size.

2) 1 item designated ready to ship, 1 item supposed to be calculated normally: UPSXML returns 2 packages with 0 lbs total

With Ready To Ship turned off, standard shipping turned on, all calculations come out OK.

Correct me if I'm wrong. In reading the instructions for the dimensional support feature, I understood that the Ready To Ship option would be used to calculate any product that was designated as ready to ship in the admin section. All other products in the same order would then be grouped together and calculated using the standard UPS weight basis.

Am I reading or understanding something wrong? Should this be the outcome for the above scenarios?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hello, I have the UPS XML 1.2.6 installed. I have a need to use the Ready To Ship feature for only a few of the products we carry, but then have all of the rest be calculated using the standard UPS method. I do not want to use the dimensional support for any products other than the ones designated ready to ship.

1) For items that do not use the Ready To Ship designation: UPSXML returns 0 lbs total and calculates based on the minimum shipping weight/size.

2) 1 item designated ready to ship, 1 item supposed to be calculated normally: UPSXML returns 2 packages with 0 lbs total

With Ready To Ship turned off, standard shipping turned on, all calculations come out OK.

Correct me if I'm wrong. In reading the instructions for the dimensional support feature, I understood that the Ready To Ship option would be used to calculate any product that was designated as ready to ship in the admin section. All other products in the same order would then be grouped together and calculated using the standard UPS weight basis.

Am I reading or understanding something wrong? Should this be the outcome for the above scenarios?

argh, sorry about the multiple posts, can someone delete the dups for me? browser hung....seems like a common problem on this board....