• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New UPS XML Shipping Module available

Hello All -

I have installed the UPS XML contribution and everything seems tip-top with the following exceptions:

1. Admin settings are not persisted - specifically, updates made to the 'Disallowed Shipping Methods' are not holding. After checking the boxes of the methods to disallow and saving (updating), the methods are still being shown at checkout and upon returning to the admin panel I find the selected boxes unchecked.

* Relevant(?) background info: I implemented the 'Option 1" fix on step 5 of the install process and I have also updated the admin/modules.php file as outlined here.

2. The estimated delivery date for various methods all show the same date. According to the output, Ground, Second Day Air, Next Day Air, etc. all have the same EDD. Is this an error with my install or is this coming from UPS?

Any guesses as to where I am going astray?

Thanks!

I have installed the UPS XML contribution and everything seems tip-top with the following exceptions:
  1. Admin settings are not persisted - specifically, updates made to the 'Disallowed Shipping Methods' are not holding. After checking the boxes of the methods to disallow and saving (updating), the methods are still being shown at checkout and upon returning to the admin panel I find the selected boxes unchecked.

Check that you implemented step 3 and 4 of the readme.txt correctly (these pieces of code are responsible for handling the settings of the checkboxes).

The estimated delivery date for various methods all show the same date. According to the output, Ground, Second Day Air, Next Day Air, etc. all have the same EDD. Is this an error with my install or is this coming from UPS?

Any guesses as to where I am going astray?

Only logging (see shipping/upsxml.php around line 90 how to enable that) can tell.

Top flight JanZ - thanks for the excellent pointers!

Check that you implemented step 3 and 4 of the readme.txt correctly (these pieces of code are responsible for handling the settings of the checkboxes).

Dead on! I had juxtaposed two lines during install - apparently not enough to cause an error, but enough to prevent the values from being recorded.

Only logging (see shipping/upsxml.php around line 90 how to enable that) can tell.

I enabled logging and everything looked to be working as advertised here - testing with some more distance destinations gave the expected results.

Thanks a million for booting me in the right direction!

Nobody has done that before?

Do you guys know how to make UPSXML compatible with EasyPopulate?

There a 3 fields in the PRODUCT table (the dimensions) that are not imported/exported.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Karim.

Customer classification code 03 says "03 - If you do not have a UPS account or you are billing to a UPS account but do not have a daily pickup"

but...it's not possible to get quotes without a UPS account, is it? I keep getting : "The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid"

Great Contribution!! I having one slight problem though. When I go to my admin and go to "Disallow Shipping Methods", no matter what method I check or don't check, I still end up with the same 6 services during checkout; many of them I don't want to offer.

Anybody know how to rectify this?

I appreciate any and all responses,

Thank you,

Jason

I figured it out. It was a lousy editing job on my behalf. I'm having problems with the ETA shipping dates though. UPS Ground and Next Day Air both have the same ETA.

Any ideas?

Thank So Much Everyone!

Jason

This contribution has been working perfect for me for almost 2 years now, I need som help though. I am getting an error now when checking out and i had this same error last week and just restarted the server and it went away, today i am faced with the same dillema. I restarted the server again but still getting it. Can somebody please help?

This is happening on checkout_shipping.php

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\includes\modules\vendors_shipping\upsxml.php on line 790

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 37

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\www\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 23

I am getting this error, on both checkout page, and shopping cart page:

request=API=Rate&XML=%3CRateV2Request+USERID%3D%22201SINCI8299%22+PASSWORD%3D%22%22%3E%3CPackage+ID%3D%220%22%3E%3CService%3EFirst+Class%3C%2FService%3E%3CZipOrigination%3E90026%3C%2FZipOrigination%3E%3CZipDestination%3E90026%3C%2FZipDestination%3E%3CPounds%3E6%3C%2FPounds%3E%3COunces%3E8%3C%2FOunces%3E%3CContainer%3ENone%3C%2FContainer%3E%3CSize%3EREGULAR%3C%2FSize%3E%3CMachinable%3ETrue%3C%2FMachinable%3E%3C%2FPackage%3E%3CPackage+ID%3D%221%22%3E%3CService%3EPriority%3C%2FService%3E%3CZipOrigination%3E90026%3C%2FZipOrigination%3E%3CZipDestination%3E90026%3C%2FZipDestination%3E%3CPounds%3E6%3C%2FPounds%3E%3COunces%3E8%3C%2FOunces%3E%3CContainer%3ENone%3C%2FContainer%3E%3CSize%3EREGULAR%3C%2FSize%3E%3CMachinable%3ETrue%3C%2FMachinable%3E%3C%2FPackage%3E%3CPackage+ID%3D%222%22%3E%3CService%3EParcel%3C%2FService%3E%3CZipOrigination%3E90026%3C%2FZipOrigination%3E%3CZipDestination%3E90026%3C%2FZipDestination%3E%3CPounds%3E6%3C%2FPounds%3E%3COunces%3E8%3C%2FOunces%3E%3CContainer%3ENone%3C%2FContainer%3E%3CSize%3EREGULAR%3C%2FSize%3E%3CMachinable%3ETrue%3C%2FMachinable%3E%3C%2FPackage%3E%3C%2FRateV2Request%3E
body= -2147219047Rate_Respond ;SOLServerRates.Rate_RespondInvalid XML The name of the top most element must match the name of the DOCTYPE declaration.1000440 

Someone please help ASAP

I am getting this error, on both checkout page, and shopping cart page
And why are you posting this in the UPS XML thread? UPS != USPS. UPS means United Parcel Service and USPS United States Postal Service.

And why do you post a message like that with your User ID and Password still in it? >_<

I am trying to get the UPS module working but keep getting back very strange prices:

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg, 0 lbs total) United Parcel Service (XML)

UPS Ground, 2007-03-15 $3.00

UPS 3 Day Select $12.00

UPS 2nd Day Air A.M., 2007-03-15 $59.00

UPS 2nd Day Air, 2007-03-15 $2.00

UPS Next Day Air Saver, 2007-03-14 $13.00

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M., 2007-03-14 $14.00

UPS Next Day Air, 2007-03-14 $1.00

Anybody have any insight to this? My client wants it working by the end of the day...

Tanks,

Rob

Installed UPS XML Rates and Services v1.2.6. Appears to be working, I'm getting accurate rates and delivery times in my checkout and in my shopping cart shipping calculator. Checking out with a UPS method works fine as well. However, everytime a UPS quote is requested I receive the following pair of "PHP error_log message" emails:

UPSXML Rates Error: 111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. experienced by customer with id on 2007-03-14 12:06:55
-and-
UPSXML TimeInTransit Error: 270032: Invalid Destination Postal Code and City experienced by customer with id on 2007-03-14 12:06:53

Don't know if it matters but I have all but UPS Ground and 2nd Day disabled. Does something need to be fixed or should I just ignore them since the module is working?

Installed UPS XML Rates and Services v1.2.6. Appears to be working, I'm getting accurate rates and delivery times in my checkout and in my shopping cart shipping calculator. Checking out with a UPS method works fine as well. However, everytime a UPS quote is requested I receive the following pair of "PHP error_log message" emails:

-and-

Don't know if it matters but I have all but UPS Ground and 2nd Day disabled. Does something need to be fixed or should I just ignore them since the module is working?

Looks like it didn't work for that customer because the address she gave was not correct (according to UPS). You could check the customer's address to see if it is correct. My guess is the customer didn't get a shipping quote (you could check the order, if there was any, the id is the customer id in osC).

Not much you can do about customers entering invalid addresses I suppose...

I am getting a cURL error when going to the shipping page, it is as follows:

UPSXML Rates Error:

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway
 :

Rating and Service

An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway
  experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-19 06:12:51

Error from cURL: Error [28]: connect() timed out! experienced by customer with id 1 on 2007-03-19 06:12:50

Now, someone told me that since I use godaddy, i have to do something with them? I can't find any info on this, could someone please direct me?

Now, someone told me that since I use godaddy, i have to do something with them? I can't find any info on this, could someone please direct me?
There is an input field on the bottom of each page that gives you the possibility to search in a thread. If you typed in Godaddy you would have found at least two posts, one that gives a link to the fix and one that tells you the IP-address in that fix should be different.

A little more help yourself please :)

It worked!! Thank you!

One problem now though, why is my shipping higher than it should be? I put an item in the cart that is .5 lbs, it says it is 3 lbs in checkout. If i put an item in the cart that is 5 lbs then it says that the package is 7 lbs?

Just wondering.

First off this is such a great addition for all of us to use! I do wish there was a more dedicated support area, and not just one long thread about it. Mainly since i have a simple question..

I see an issue with the returned quote when I set my Negotiated rates to true. The company i am setting this up for does in fact have 7% discount on all their shipments starting April first. When i type in that I want something shipped from their Zip to their Zip with Negotiated rates off, I get a quote for $6.80. This seems rather close to what we expect. But when i enable Negotiated rates, I get $3.75 for shipping. They get a 7% discount, not an almost 50% discount! So my questions..

Where does the number/% come from? UPS itself? Something within the module alone? And if their rate does not take affect until April first, why would it be doing anything now?

Maybe I missed it somewhere within the documentation or on this site. Sorry if I did. But any help/information would be great.

Thanks.

Jeff Conklin

I do wish there was a more dedicated support area, and not just one long thread about it. Mainly since i have a simple question..
With well over 3,000 contributions I don't think that is realistic...

Where does the number/% come from? UPS itself?
Yes (enable logging, look in modules/shipping/upsxml.php on how to set that up, to see what UPS returns). If they don't return negotiated rates, you would see the number of the service (like $3 for MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_SERVICE_CODE_US_ORIGIN_03 == UPS Ground).

Negotiated rates is pretty new for this module, so there is not much experience with it yet (not many people have negotiated rates anyway and for UPS it is also a pretty recent addition to rates).

I may have missed something, however the UPS XML contribution is working fine except that all of the services are displaying in order based on rate, except for one, UPS Next Day Air which displays as the last option even though it's less expensive than UPS Next Day Air Early AM. The rest of the options display correctly in ascending order based on price.

Any ideas on why this one option is displaying in the wrong order?

United Parcel Service (XML) (1 pkg x 2 lbs total) United Parcel Service (XML)

UPS Ground, 2007-03-23 $8.02

UPS 3 Day Select $9.87

UPS 2nd Day Air $14.32

UPS Next Day Air Saver, 2007-03-23 $21.70

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M., 2007-03-23 $54.68

UPS Next Day Air, 2007-03-23 $23.76