• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sliding Product Listing Module

If at all possible, I would like to see the product listing module be reduced to a slider (manual or automatic) when in mobile responsive mode, same should happen for "recently viewed", "new products", "upcoming products", and "special products". It is simply not good to have a long list of products appearing on the small screen. Customers will be tired of scrolling with his finger.

@kgtee

58 minutes ago, kgtee said:

If at all possible, I would like to see the product listing module be reduced to a slider (manual or automatic) when in mobile responsive mode, same should happen for "recently viewed", "new products", "upcoming products", and "special products". It is simply not good to have a long list of products appearing on the small screen. Customers will be tired of scrolling with his finger.

I came up with something like this several years ago (for the then Gold version). Check this out ...

It was one of my earlier attempts at coding, so it's quite crude. I also have some debugging code in place, which would/should be removed for production.

HTH

M

PS: Be sure to read Burt's comment later in the thread.

I looked at the bootstrap 4.0 tutorial.I It seems bootstrap carousel is a picture slider which slides only one image at a time. When in big screen, can it slide a string of images/product cards?

4 hours ago, kgtee said:

It seems bootstrap carousel is a picture slider which slides only one image at a time.

Not true, that was BS3 in BS4 they have introduced multiple items per slide, you can see it in action in this add-on, The BS4 version is using this new feature

https://apps.oscommerce.com/oS9zZ&jcm-footer-brands-logo-s-v1-0-ce

8 hours ago, kgtee said:

You can do anything you like...that's the beauty of the open codebase.  Go to it!

Do note that I have plans to overhaul and simplify the code in the product_listing module at some point in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...

I have implemented slick slider on the "New Products for Month" module on index page. The slider is responsive to devices.

The packaged file is attached.

Package includes two modified files. If you upload them to your web, they will overwrite the existing files. So, you may want to back up those two files first before uploading. There is no need to uninstall and reinstall any module.

Please feedback any error or things to note. I am a novice trying to learn coding. Thanks! ?

kgtee_slick_slider_for_index_new_products.zip

Archived