• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Post Installation Process

bnguru

Thanks to KG's answer I was able to get the new version to install. Now that I did I recall needing to go into many files to set up paths, passwords and user names.  Is there a simple step-by-step document somewhere that clearly states what I need to manually edit, where the files are and what to do?

Currently when I try to open my admin page I get this:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home3/bnguru/public_html/catalog3/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 20
Unable to connect to database server!

Steve in Ellenton, FL

5 hours ago, bnguru said:

Is there a simple step-by-step document somewhere that clearly states what I need to manually edit, where the files are and what to do?

the official doc's are here,

https://library.oscommerce.com/

Most of the backend is unchanged.

If installed corectly you should not have to change any paths, all you need to do is remove the install directory and change permisions on the config files, osC will just run out of the box if installed corectly.

Your error is line 20! Access denied for user 'mysql'@'localhost

Line 20 is,

mysqli_connect($server, $username, $password, $database);

As the error states you have on eof the 4 items or more wrong. Most likly is user name or password but check all 4.

36 minutes ago, bnguru said:

OK, but where are the variables:  $server, $username, $password and $database defined?

I believe you missed the steps to create the database. Please refer to step 4 and 5 of the guide I mentioned.

Having created the database, you will then have all the 4 variables you need to input in step 8.

The details should be in your configuration.php files...there are two, one on the shop side and the other for the admin side....check and see if the information matches up with what you setup.

Dan

Login info was not in the admin/configure.php  I added it in and now get this:

Sorry, this page doesn't exist.
Please check the URL or go back a page.

404 Error. Page Not Found.

Steve in Ellenton, FL

Latest error:

Warning: require(/catalog3/includes/classes/action_recorder.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/bnguru/public_html/catalog3/admin/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/catalog3/includes/classes/action_recorder.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in /home3/bnguru/public_html/catalog3/admin/includes/classes/action_recorder.php on line 13

Steve in Ellenton, FL

Hello Steve,

You have completed the installation:
1) directly on the server?
2) on your computer then did you do a file transfer?
If this is the second solution, make sure that you have transferred all the administration files. The paths are different depending on whether one is on his computer or on the production server.

PS: we have the same activity but not in the same country 😉

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

the installation was done on the server. I've decided to wipe out all the files, re-download 2.4 and re-install from scratch just in case something wasn't done correctly.

Steve in Ellenton, FL

Ok. I saw that you had different site versions in different directories. Be careful not to give the same database name of an existing database.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

When I look at the downloads, there is "Phoenix Edition v1.0.1.0" and "v2.3.4.1 Full Package"
Which one should I actually download and install and why?

Steve in Ellenton, FL

I am happy to say I successfully installed Phoenix v1.0.1.0 But... the default when I unzipped the file created the "gBurton" directory - see below.  How do I get rid of thei to simplify the url and my editing.

What I have: http://www.trainliquidators.com/catalog3/gburton-Responsive-osCommerce-88db268/index.php

What I want: http://www.trainliquidaotrs.com/index.php (or at worse - catalog3/index.php)

Also - one more question, will most of the cosmetic changes (header, footer, etc.) transfer easily from my old version? Also, what about older mods like discount coupon, Captcha.  I presume I can still modify the databases to represent the customer info I require and a few item fields? 

Steve in Ellenton, FL

3 hours ago, bnguru said:

I am happy to say I successfully installed Phoenix v1.0.1.0 But... the default when I unzipped the file created the "gBurton" directory - see below.  How do I get rid of thei to simplify the url and my editing.

What I have: http://www.trainliquidators.com/catalog3/gburton-Responsive-osCommerce-88db268/index.php

What I want: http://www.trainliquidaotrs.com/index.php (or at worse - catalog3/index.php)

You can still move the index.html and all files, folders and sub-folders in the same folder as index.html to the root directory of your www website. Just use a file manager. After that you will need to edit 2 files; includes/configure.php and (admin)/includes/configure.php, and change the file paths to effect new paths.

Hope this is not too difficult for you.

4 hours ago, bnguru said:

Also - one more question, will most of the cosmetic changes (header, footer, etc.) transfer easily from my old version? Also, what about older mods like discount coupon, Captcha.  I presume I can still modify the databases to represent the customer info I require and a few item fields? 

You have to do some database export and import, only for those tables related to products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, and any other which you have accumulated over the past years. You should not  import configuration tables in particular as the new osC has a new set of settings of its own.

This is assumng you know the basics of MySQL and the tools to do export and import.

Archived