• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM Header Stock Banner V1.0 Phoenix

JcMagpie

This is a simple header add-on that lets you place banner at the top of your site.

This makes use of the stock banner manager that comes with osC.

It’s a no core change add-on. Simply install and turn on like any other add-on.

Once it’s installed simply go to admin tools/banner manager and add your banners. Make sure to add it to the header group or it will not work. These can be text or images just follow instructions in admin. Remember to add your URL link for each banner or you will get a 404 error.

The banner can be configured in admin and you can select which pages it is to be shown on. The text message is optional and can be turned on or off in admin. The actual text is set in the language file.

That’s it enjoy.

It has only been tested on Phoenix 1.0.1.X only.

Can be seen working on this custom test site

NOTE: This is NOT the official test site

image.thumb.png.5815240a988aa2660d422e4481a0101f.png

• 2 months later...

Just installed this on a Phoenix 1.0.2.5 with the below settings and it forces the breadcrumb to appear below this only.

Logo - Order; 10,  Width; 4

Banner - Order; 20  Width; 8

Breadcrumb - Order; 40  Width; 12

Any thoughts on this before I start digging into it?

Changed this 

<div id="header-banner" class="img-fluid " style="text-align: center;">
  <?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>
  <?php if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_JCM_STOCKBANNER_TEXTDISPLAY == 'yes') {?>
  <?php echo MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_JCM_STOCKBANNER_TITLEB1?>
 <?php echo MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_JCM_STOCKBANNER_TEXTB1?>
</div>

To this 

<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>
  <?php if (MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_JCM_STOCKBANNER_TEXTDISPLAY == 'yes') {?>
  <?php echo MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_JCM_STOCKBANNER_TITLEB1?>
 <?php echo MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_JCM_STOCKBANNER_TEXTB1?>

and it worked. For some reason it doesn't like that DIV

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting fact.
If the "WEB Filter AVIRA" module is installed in your browser, banner display is blocked. This is blocked as a third-party ad. How to get around this?

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Nothing new in that Fredi, it's all down to how you set it up, adblocker will also block banners if settings are strict. Turn off the built in adblocker and they should show fine or add your site as an exception to the rule allowing ads from your own site.

Edited by JcMagpie

I understand it. You need to think about how to get around this.
Maybe you need to change the name of the Banner Manager? I use my banners to advertise my products. I advertise myself. Let's think about how this can be solved.

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

I installed your module and it didn’t work. I have been looking for a reason for a long time. And I found her. We don’t know how browsers are configured for our customers and we don’t know whether they will see our banners or not. Therefore, I turned to you to try to find a solution to this problem. There is a problem.

Best regards,

Fredi

For anyone else who feels the need to check for ad-blockers this is a simple implamentation of this detection script for Phoenix.

https://github.com/InteractiveAdvertisingBureau/AdBlockDetection

It's implamented using 2 sitewide hooks so no core changes. It will give you something to play with and refine for your site. It detects if ad-blocker is active in the customers browser and displays a message in a modal window which the customer can dismiss.

It's not in the apps market and I do not plan to support it beyond what is posted here. You are free to edit the hooks code as you like.

image.png.eca7be6a47eaa1ba8115914099d14698.png

image.png.e0449140521f96b92dfab6d460dc28b6.png

AdBlock Check Phoenix V1.0.zip