• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lloyds cardnet connector

DAVID3733

Hi everyone

Running later 2.3.4.1 CE bs4, apache 2, php 7.2.16

Was just setting up credit card merchant account with LLoyds (UK), can be done with either something like sage pay or their own, but cannot see a direct connector to Lloyds on the oscommerce site

Does anyone else use cardnet and if so what connector do you use

Thank you

David

David

• 4 weeks later...

OK now have CARDNET approved, not sure if i would recommend anyone else doing it, it took a long time

I have virtual terminal and pay by URL which is quite a good idea but now need to look at taking credit card payments on the website

Can anybody tell me where to go from here, just want a hosted option, it does not look like Lloyd's do one direct for oscommerce but somebody must have something set up, do I look at something like sage page or something, I feel like i have missed something very obvious but cant put my finger on it.

Thank you

David

David

@DAVID3733 I don't know if this helps, sorry if it doesn't.
I guess from your post that you have opened a "merchant account" with Lloyds Bank. Yes, it is a saga doing this with anyone!
We have a merchant account with Barclaycard, similar situation as you, 
You now need a "payment gateway" account - we use Sagepay - costs about £20 a month flat fee - we have had no issues with them - they are all similar cost.
Once you have signed up, Sagpay will need your merchant account number.
Then install Sagepay Form on your website - we found the alternative Sagepay Direct and Server modules problematic.
Sagepay Form takes customers to their webpage for payment so you will not have any potential security issues.
We advise you to upgrade your OSC software to the latest Phoenix release if you can.
Best of luck.

Hi Heather

Thank you for replying, Just tried to contact Sage page, thought dealing with Cardnet was a nightmare, no further forward just wanted to confirm prices

are you saying that Sage form, is about £20 flat fee per month and no other charges, I got the impression that they also wanted a percentage of the sales, already paying Cardnet/Lloyds a percentage too

Regards

David

@DAVID3733
Your merchant account (in your case Lloyds, in our case Barclaycard) charge the  % fees per transaction - Sagepay charge a flat fee, currently £20.90 for 350 transactions per month - it does cost more if you go over that.
Sagepay Form is the payment module that you install in your shop - Admin->Modules->Payment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Heather

Never heard back from Sage pay after making the application and been in hospital so did not chase them yet

Did notice on installing Sage pay for form, following error

This module requires Mcrypt to be enabled in PHP and will not load until it has been enabled on this webserver.

Looks like Mcrypt has not been supported since PHP 7, what version of PHP are you running, mine is 7.2 or is there a updated version of sage page somewhere

Regards

David

David