• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products with no Orders

Mort-lemur

Hi All,

My stores have been running 10+ years now and have 1000's of products.

I'm now looking to streamline the stores and remove all products that over the years have had minimul or zero sales.

Is anyone aware of a contribution or Sql commend that will help to identify items with a total sales of say <= 2 and then easily delete them?

Many Thanks :)

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

@raiwa Thank you so much - the SQL has highlighted that I have 900 + products that have never been ordered in the last ten or so years - some are new items so can stay for now - the others I will delete.

I downloaded @Tsimi s Multiple Products Manager contribution from here : https://apps.oscommerce.com/jVxEK

What I need to do now is modify the Multiple Products Manager Page to display the number of items ordered against each product, then I will be able to speed down each category choosing products to keep or delete..... Scratches head.... :)

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

.....Well that was easier than I thought :)

I now have a new field that shows how many have been ordered since day 1 against each product:

Screenshot.jpg

Just uploaded as an update to the contribution here:  https://apps.oscommerce.com/jVxEK in case anyone else will find a use for this.

Thanks All

@Mort-lemur This looks like it could be a great help. Never really thought about this sort of thing in the past.

When I discontinue a product I move it to a hidden category for a few months just in case I bring the product back or an alternative one from another supplier.  This should make the job so much easier.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

12 hours ago, Mort-lemur said:

Just uploaded as an update to the contribution here:  https://apps.oscommerce.com/jVxEK in case anyone else will find a use for this.

What about filter options:

- products ordered: <,>,=,≠
- products stock: <,>,=,≠
- product status: 1, 0
- products price: <,>,=,≠
- date added: <,>,=,≠
- date modified: <,>,=,≠

makes sense?

On 7/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, Mort-lemur said:

I'm now looking to streamline the stores and remove all products that over the years have had minimul or zero sales.

Somthing to consider before deleting old products is the SEO impact in doing this.

You should try and look at the number of page views for each product your looking to deleat. If they have a high page view count you could impact your SEO  by deleting the product.

2 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

Didnt Gary do a module to redirect old products to a new or similar product of your choice which helped with SEo. I could be imagining it though.

Yes, and I think it was a "soft redirect.  Meaning,  customer lands on intended page, but a message appears to whatever wording you choose.  Mine is.."This product is low on stock or about to be discontinued.  Please consider this recommendation?  Then there's the recommended url displayed.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Archived