The e-commerce.

admin not working after caning name

kalibug

ok i changed the name of my admin

and i change the config file under includes folder in the admin area

and these errors 

i deleted the sessions files

what do i do.. thank you in advance
Warning: session_start(): open(/home/herasonl/public_html/store/includes/work//sess_366b7a5851982bc0d6313cdea7e26086, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/herasonl/public_html/shop/kalimist/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 103

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /home/herasonl/public_html/store/includes/work/) in /home/herasonl/public_html/shop/kalimist/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 103

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/herasonl/public_html/shop/kalimist/includes/functions/sessions.php:103) in /home/herasonl/public_html/shop/kalimist/includes/functions/general.php on line 38

the errors above are gone now i get these errors

Warning: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONScompatibility.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/herasonl/public_html/shop/kalimist/includes/application_top.php on line 39

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONScompatibility.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/herasonl/public_html/shop/kalimist/includes/application_top.php on line 39

i went to that and there is no file called compatibility.php

do i creaate one???

thank you

1 hour ago, kalibug said:

i went to that and there is no file called compatibility.php

You dont say what version you are using! but you should have ,

public_html/includes/functions/compatibility.php

If you don't then you have a bad install , also check your config files for correct paths.

2 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

You dont say what version you are using! but you should have ,

public_html/includes/functions/compatibility.php

If you don't then you have a bad install , also check your config files for correct paths.

He's running the public version, he should be running Phoenix CE instead.....

ii have install this 4 times..

the two times from my cpanel

then i downloaded the softwaare from osc from the front page,, NOT the Phyneix one the main one

and neither one of those software has that file.. the compatibility.php,  they both have read me files that sail

This directory contains local configuration information.

It also must contain a file named configure.php that can be used to override
the defaults set in application_top.php

Remember to execute PHP commands the file needs to start with <?php and end with ?>

I am not a programmer but i know how to load programs. and i have been using either this shopping cart or the zen one for 15 or so years.

all I did was change the directory name and the admin name.. i changed it both in admin/includes/configuration.php

and the catalog side.   

when i download the oscommerce from the front page and loaded it and installed it , i couldn't not get in the admin side.. it was this endless loop of to many attempts wait 5 mins..  that was after the very first try.

so i went here to the forums to find out how to reset the password.. I read that just remove the info our of the administration and it will ask to reset.

i did that and the endless loop kept repeating it self.

so i reloaded from my cpanel.

and last night i did what i wrote above.

i just want to secure my admin.  and have the right directory.

Having only recently installed the official version I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the software. It installs first time flawlessly. You can see it in this thread.

Renaming admin is also a simple process if done carfully.

The queston you need to ask if did it work on on first install before you made name changes? If the answer is yes then just accept that somthing went wrong during this change, it's easly done. Just go over your changes step by step slowly and see if you can spot the problem.

If not just reinstall from scratch.

I deleted it and started over..i have tested to see if the facebook pixel worked on Phenix and it did..

but when i change the name of the directory it does the endless loop.

so now i am going to install and not change the admin directory and see what happens.. 

i think i figured it out.. I loaded the pheonix and the admin wasn't showing the SSL was enabled..so i enabled and it works now..

yea......

Archived