• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Will my old programs work with Phoenix

Hi All,

Been looking at the Phoenix thread for a while and possibly upgrading to this platform.

What's holding me back.

1.     Heavily modded 2.3.4 with Mini Template system installed

2.     8000+ products

3.     Using as the product manipulation program. OSCPM 0.4.1 (version build 683) desktop GUI. Freaking awesome, since 2007 and currently running on W10 with connection to data-base in 2.3.4. 

4.     Im not a programmer, even though i have done a bit of the background coding on some of the modules.

5.     POS system in store from "Posforwebshops" connected via Zoombla interface using XAMPP. Works very well but a little clunky and needs an update. Coding this is not up my alley. but i like it as the interface is clean. Better than some commercial products currently available.

6.     Time is my enemy !

Link below to the website and any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated and welcome.

Cheers,
Ren

https://rabhobbies.com.au/online/

47 minutes ago, milkman45 said:

1.     Heavily modded 2.3.4 with Mini Template system installed

The Mini Template system won't work with this version. However, your sites design is not too far from the stock design so it wouldn't take much to math the look, or at least come close to it.

49 minutes ago, milkman45 said:

2.     8000+ products

Not an issue.

49 minutes ago, milkman45 said:

3.     Using as the product manipulation program. OSCPM 0.4.1 (version build 683) desktop GUI. Freaking awesome, since 2007 and currently running on W10 with connection to data-base in 2.3.4. 

I'm not familiar with this program so I can't say much about it. But if it just providing remote access to control the products, that should still work since the basic product structure in the database is the same, or close enough.

51 minutes ago, milkman45 said:

4.     Im not a programmer, even though i have done a bit of the background coding on some of the modules.

This version requires far less coding than previous ones and some addons are upload and install, or close to it.

53 minutes ago, milkman45 said:

5.     POS system in store from "Posforwebshops" connected via Zoombla interface using XAMPP. Works very well but a little clunky and needs an update. Coding this is not up my alley. but i like it as the interface is clean. Better than some commercial products currently available.

If it is a properly written program, with respect to oscommerce, it should still work. But I'm not familiar with it so this is only a guess.

54 minutes ago, milkman45 said:

6.     Time is my enemy !

Always is. The biggest problem you will have, I think, is getting any addons you have installed to work in the new shop. If they have not been converted they will have to be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs,

I've been reluctant to proceed with any upgrade as it required way too much work and the current scenario or how i have the processes set up. All works very well together. 

The two parts where i need to confirm is the OSCPM GUI (which sits on the PC and NOT web based) talks to all new versions of new builds and upgrades as it has done since 2.1 up to 2.3.4 for me (2007 to 2019). And the POSFORWEBSHOPS Zoombla integration. 

I like this as it's clean and uncluttered. The only problem is that it's an integration with ZOOMBLA and needs a tidy up on the DATA base integration. I and don't know ZOOMBLA.
But hey, if you think that it's possible. I'd be happy to look at going forward.

Cheers,
Ren.

P.S. Would you like for me to forward you some links and more info !!

@milkman45

In my opinion, it is not too difficult to setup a new OSC website. All source codes are included in one folder named "catalog" which makes everything about setting up very easy. After setting up this website, you can import the database tables related to products, categories, manufacturers and any others which you want to migrate. Just bear in mind do not import configurations tables. You will then test whatever third party plug-in you have. DIY and see if the whole thing works.

It will be fine only if you are prepared to reward someone's effort when asking one to help test third party integrated software.

10 hours ago, milkman45 said:

P.S. Would you like for me to forward you some links and more info !!

If you mean for the programs you are using, I wouldn't be able to help with those since I am not familiar with them. But if the one has worked with all versions of oscommerce so far, I can't imagine why it would not work with Phoenix. Before getting too far into it, I suggest installing a stock version of Phoenix and then set those programs to access it. Knowing if they worked with it or not may help you decide what to do.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

11 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

If you mean for the programs you are using, I wouldn't be able to help with those since I am not familiar with them. But if the one has worked with all versions of oscommerce so far, I can't imagine why it would not work with Phoenix. Before getting too far into it, I suggest installing a stock version of Phoenix and then set those programs to access it. Knowing if they worked with it or not may help you decide what to do.

Thanks, I'll be doing this during the weekend. Will come back here to advise success or not !

Cheers

Archived