• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for JcM WhatsApp Floating Button V1.3

JcMagpie

A simple add-on that places a WhatsApp floating button onto your site. Your customer can then contact you using WhatsApp.

You can set you number and text in the language file.  Other settings are in admin.

When the customer in on a page and uses the WhatsApp button he is taken to WhatsApp contact site if he is on a PC. If they are using a mobile or have WhatsApp installed on the device then they connect directly to your WhatsApp connection.

The message will show your greeting text and the link of the product page they clicked from.

That’s it enjoy.

Has been tested on Phoenix V1.0.0.4 only.

Can be seen working on my custom test site

NOTE: This is NOT the official test site

image.thumb.png.df3a65ab7c9fb582c20c0e5a64f54a24.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

@JcMagpie I really love this add-on. Whatsapp is the most popular social media tool in our country and it is definitely the way to connect with the customers.

I am thinking to do away the left and right columns of the osc template for my website. Can this whatsapp button be floated somewhere on the main section? Just like the back-to-top button?

Edited by kgtee

Hi Zahid, I hope you are very well !!

Thank you for your contributions to the community.

I wanted to ask you a silly question. 

What is the difference between using it as a box or a Header Tag? Which do you recommend I already have it working as a box and it works great! Its a great addon !!

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have installed on OSCOM CE version PHOENIX V 1.0.76 and it works fine. The only thing I noticed is that at the top where the currency of the website appears the currency symbol is put with a question mark and admiration symbol circled (they are exchanged continuously). When I deactivate the module it returns to normal. Will they know what the problem is?

Thank you very much, excellent contribution to the community

thing.png

• 6 months later...

Hi @henri_house

Edit the file \includes\modules\header_tags\ht_jcm_whatsapp.php and delete line 41 

Line 41 look like this :       $oscTemplate->addBlock('<script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.2.0/js/all.js"></script>',  $this->group); 

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

• 10 months later...

Hi

A friend of mine is playing with a module he purchased on Presta shop, to add to cart via WhatsApp, it creates a order on the server etc and then they can phone in to pay etc. separate button to chat via whatsapp

Not seen anything available for eCommerce yet, has anyone created something similar as a module, paid or otherwise.

David

David