Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakup

New installation - which one to choose?

Recommended Posts

I am at InMotion Hosting and intendet to install OsCommerce, from the controlboard conected to the domain.

Before I checked some rewiews where there was mentioned that the version you get from the hosters, is old and outdated.

Is there a new version availble which are updated, responseable pages, ssl and so on. and where can I get the download and a "How to do" to get it up running.

best regards

Jákup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You, Burt

As i understand, I have to download the latest working edition, that one on the products page at OsCommerce, named Phoenix Edition v1.0.1.0 , unzipped the download on my pc and via ftp transfer the files to the domain. Is this an offical OsCommerce and why do the hosters only provide the 2.3.4.1 edition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jakup said:

Is this an offical OsCommerce

No.

55 minutes ago, Jakup said:

why do the hosters only provide the 2.3.4.1 edition?

because that's the last official one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jakup said:

As i understand, I have to download the latest working edition, that one on the products page at OsCommerce, named Phoenix Edition v1.0.1.0 , unzipped the download on my pc and via ftp transfer the files to the domain.

That's right.

It is the official Community Edition of osCommerce, accepted and authorised by the owner of osCommerce and available from the official osCommerce downloads page. 
You can't get much better than that for a Community supported edition.


Help shape the future of Phoenix; join the Phoenix Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I change to Phoenix edition instead of Frozen-2.3.4.1?  Are there any patches to Phoenix?  And what is the Bootstrap edition?  I noticed that some of the css of Frozen is in the Bootstrap css.  So, please help clarify!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nsf43 said:

Should I change to Phoenix edition instead of Frozen-2.3.4.1?  Are there any patches to Phoenix?  And what is the Bootstrap edition?  I noticed that some of the css of Frozen is in the Bootstrap css.  So, please help clarify!

Yes you should be setting up Phoenix....Frozen is an older version and has reached SunSet Status with EOL scheduled for the end of the year.

This post might help you understand the naming convention but suffice it to say...install Phoenix. Bootstrap is a dependency used by all of these versions however Phoenix uses a more up to date version.

I hope that helps....

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×