• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Update OSC v2.3.3.4 for mobile phone viewing

weser

hello dear community,

i am using OSCommerce v2.3.3.4 as my webshop and am happy with it in general, but would like to get it to work on mobile phones too. what can i do? i am a bit hesitant to update to a newer version, since i am afraid to loose all the design-changes i made. please bear in mind that i am quite ignorant about programming and have little to no knowledge about the admin-end of things, so any help or hints would be much appreciated!

cheers!

There is the mobile addon, but it is no longer maintained neither support provided:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/bZF1I&iosc-mobile-version-for-osc-2-2-2-3-4

It would be much more recommended to upgrade your store to the responsive Community edition Phoenix:

https://www.oscommerce.com/Products

@weser

As @raiwa recommended, your best bet is to upgrade to the latest Community Edition of osCommerce. The version you are currently running (v2.3.3.4) is quite old.

It is not an in-place upgrade ... you basically install it fresh into a different directory, migrate your data over, and add any styling and/or add-ons you want. If this all sounds too much for you, you can post an RFQ in the commercial support area in this forum to have someone do it for you.

M

PS: Who set up your shop the first time?

thanks! yes, i figured that an update might be the way to go. and thanks for the hint to post it in the commercial area. that's my way, i am just too afraid to make mistakes.

i installed the basic version myself and managed all design-changes by trial-and-error and sheer luck. all deeper changes and the more complicated adjustments were done by someone from here in exchange for some money.

cheers!

Archived