• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is osCommerce safe to use?

GazCBG

Hi,

Thinking about using osCommerce for a site and would like to know is osCommerce safe to us and in secure as in the script security, compared to other shopping carts?
Also what version should I be using v2.3.4.1 or the Phoenix Edition?

Thanks,
Gaz

I would only use the Phoenix version. Other versions are no longer being developed or maintained or are really old and could be insecure. As far as I am aware there are no vulnerabilities with the Phoenix version.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

The Phoenix version is the latest community version. It is available for download from the main oscommerce downloads page of from various peoples signature links.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hello experts, i came to this thread looking to learn what is new to osCommerce.. the last time I worked with osCommerce development was way back in 2008.. I heard Phoenix is the newest stable releases.. it's good to hear that it is secure and stable. I am currently developing purely in Thirtybees and prestashop.. but I get inquiry about developing in osCommerce so I decided to come and visit.

Everything you need to run your webshop.

Shoptech.media

On 7/23/2019 at 10:14 AM, tech2js said:

Hello experts, i came to this thread looking to learn what is new to osCommerce.. the last time I worked with osCommerce development was way back in 2008.. I heard Phoenix is the newest stable releases.. it's good to hear that it is secure and stable. I am currently developing purely in Thirtybees and prestashop.. but I get inquiry about developing in osCommerce so I decided to come and visit.

You'll be wanting to use the Community Edition called Phoenix.  Downloadable from https://www.oscommerce.com/Products 

Install it, and have a play.

Archived