• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Issue with Recreate Session = true

rayge

I have a live site where there is suddenly a huge issue. Upon purchase RANDOMLY the order data gets overwritten. IE THE customer data is wrong, being overwritten with some other user's data.

Obviously this sounds like a session issue so I went to set Recreate Session = true in the admin and with it on, no one can actually login. it ACTS like it logged in, IE showing 2 in cart after login for me, but if I Click the cart it tells me to login again.

How might i debug this issue?

THANKS for any help!

This can happen when either the osCsid has been indexed in a search engine, you have hardcoded a URL somewhere that contains the osCsid and you haven't enabled other options in admin that will check to see if the session being recreated belongs to the user that has stumbled across one of those bad links.

It might shed some more light on it if you said which payment module you're using too but for now try below.

Make sure Prevent Spider Sessions is set to True

You can also set the Check User Agent to True

Try setting Check IP Address to true, I've found this can sometimes have unpredictable results for payment gateway callback URL's so test this one fully before committing.

Try setting Force Cookie Use (again sometimes unpredictable in my experience so test fully)

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

I'm not finding any Links with the OSCID in it.

Payment module is Auth.net

Again the issue right now is WITH Recreate Session = true
Login becomes an endless loop IE its not HOLDING the session. and according to what i've read using this setting on TRUE could fix the problem with the cross user stuff... If this aspect can be solved.
I truly think if i can get this setting to FUNCTION it would solve the issue.

RIght now its not showing the OSCID in the URL but forcing Cookie DOES DISPLAY the OSCID in the url.
Prevent Spider Sessions is set to True

THANKS

PM the address to your site and I'll register with a test account.  It would help throw more light on it and as I've never been to your site before there's no danger of stale session cache conflicts.

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

I'm still looking for someone to help me on this. if someone know how the code for Recreate Session = true is suppose to function and the related code to it please let me know so i can track it down and fix it.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, rayge said:

THE customer data is wrong, being overwritten with some other user's data.

This can happen if you are using cache and it is not set to a local directory.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived