• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping - State not showing correctly

Troy, post the database record for one of your test orders

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, supercheaphobb said:

@BrockleyJohn Hi John, sorry I don't know how to do this the data appears to be spread over a few tables...

You will have to educate me on how to do this..

All the address data is in the orders table - that's the one I meant

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Well, colour me gobsmacked. I guess it must have been a modification for someone to store the zone id in the order addresses, because it's not there in the core osc.

That's what you'd need for a full solution.

You could use a workaround for Oz only that looks up the zone_id to feed into the address format.

Not sure what you mean as osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 before BS before frozen stores records in address book same way..
I never was able to resolve the swapping from zone_id to zone_name back then, was hoping it would be an easy fix. But I guess not

Anyway as per before I will give up.... it's not as if Australia Post are grrrrr at me :)

Once an order is made, names are stored in the DB (rather than references) in case you ever change/delete the reference.

EG (product);  Mr Smith buys some Apples (product id = 1).  Shopowner could store (in ordered_products) the reference product_id.  In the future that data may become orphaned if you change product id #1 from apples to (say) oranges in 3 months after he buys.   Smith now comes back and looks at his order history..."hey, I never bought oranges".

Same principle applies for State Name etc.  They can change (admittedly not often!), but saving actual data rather than references maintains data integrity.

I've been doing some digging and haven't managed to find the mod I did before (it predates my addiction to github). I did find an old test database and it looks like the change was to put the zone code into the state field when the order was recorded.

Archived