burt

Phoenix, constructive feedback + bug hunting

3 minutes ago, burt said:

Please recheck your installation, and before moving on to update "addons", get familiar with the new things in Phoenix as addons can now be done in many different ways. 

Thanks for the reports, I have not checked fully but most (if not all - I have not checked) are in /includes/languages/english.php

Yes Burt, as I indicated for the first one it IS in english.php but threw the warning anyway which I thought was rather unusual. I also did a full translation in French of the English files and English.php and it throws the same error.

Barbie

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

Yes Burt, as I indicated for the first one it IS in english.php but threw the warning anyway which I thought was rather unusual. I also did a full translation in French of the English files and English.php and it throws the same error.

Barbie

You can check things like that by (eg)

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/search?q=TEXT_VIEW_GRID

which you can see is used in the product_listing and defined in the english language file.

It seems to me that your language file is not getting included.  Try a re-install, and play around in english only before making any changes (eg adding french).  If you play with the core only for now, you'll get used to it quicker.  Thanks

Edited by burt

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

@burt Hope I'm not being picky but... most modules have facility to change display for different views e.g. Products In Each Row (SM), (MD), (LG), (XL) - but this is not the case with product listing. I have product listing set to display item width 4 which then causes problems in small view i.e. 640x360 mobile in landscape. It would be great if product listing had the same edit facility for (SM), (MD), (LG), (XL) display as the other modules.

20 hours ago, Heatherbell said:

@burt Hope I'm not being picky but... most modules have facility to change display for different views e.g. Products In Each Row (SM), (MD), (LG), (XL) - but this is not the case with product listing. I have product listing set to display item width 4 which then causes problems in small view i.e. 640x360 mobile in landscape. It would be great if product listing had the same edit facility for (SM), (MD), (LG), (XL) display as the other modules.

The product_listing is a problem child.  I haven't been satisfied the implementation since day 1. 

The product_listing file and its helper files need to be simplified so that's a(nother) job to go on the to-do list, its a never-ending story.  It's (one of) the reason I brought up the recent list/grid potential removal question in the Phoenix Club. 

@burt questions - because I'm not sure what the difference is.... you have switched from fa fa-... to fas fa-...

However, in tpl_cm_sc_no_products.php you have used fa fa.. everywhere else it has switched to fas fa. Line 4....

<p class="text-right"><?php echo tep_draw_button(MODULE_CONTENT_SC_NO_PRODUCTS_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'fa fa-angle-right', tep_href_link('index.php'), 'primary', NULL, 'btn-danger btn-lg btn-block'); ?></p>

26 minutes ago, greasemonkey said:

@burt questions - because I'm not sure what the difference is.... you have switched from fa fa-... to fas fa-...

However, in tpl_cm_sc_no_products.php you have used fa fa.. everywhere else it has switched to fas fa. Line 4....

<p class="text-right"><?php echo tep_draw_button(MODULE_CONTENT_SC_NO_PRODUCTS_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'fa fa-angle-right', tep_href_link('index.php'), 'primary', NULL, 'btn-danger btn-lg btn-block'); ?></p>

fa fa is still OK, but FA (Font Awesome) have sunsetted the use of the first fa in such calls in favour of fas [solid] far [regular] fab [brand] fad [duotone].  

I'll update to fas in the next point update.  Well noticed!

Do note that some of the fonts are free: fas (solid) and fab (brands). Others require a Pro subscription: far (regular), fal (light), and fad (duotone).

The Pro subscription costs $99/year.

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Posted (edited)

Split out some discussions as they deserve a thread of their own (and weren't feedback or bug hunting 😎

Edited by burt

Posted (edited)

Is there a security risk in leaving the index/install folder after install? 

If so, should the folder not be deleted as part of a successful install?

yes, I realize it’s always been this way - just not sure it should. 

Edited by greasemonkey

Posted (edited)

Admin > Tools > Security Checks takes care of that.

Edited by burt

Posted (edited)

module content - product_info.php -> cm_pi_gallery.php throws an warning if the colorbox header tag module is not yet installed.

Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_PRODUCT_COLORBOX_LAYOUT

Edited by Rwe

:heart: osCommerce

I am using osCommerce version 2.3.4.1 CE  Frozen

Posted (edited)

reviews.php will need to be looked at as it's layout is broken if the image size in admin is changed. As you cn see the image is bleeding over the read more. Not had time to look into it. Checked on 1.0.1.4

image.png.ddab014198ad01f969685aa14e2a4088.png

Edited by JcMagpie

Posted (edited)

Phoenix 1.0.1.4 test site PHP 7.3

Warning: Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\*********\htdocs\includes\modules\content\login\cm_paypal_login.php on line 41

I get this when I call the content modules list but not the payments modules list.

admin/modules_content.php

I do not use PayPal login.

Edited by mhsuffolk

OsC 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen   PHP 7.2   MySQL 10.1.36-MariaDB-cll-lve. Phoenix in development

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC community version (CE Phoenix 1.0.2.0) here.

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, burt said:

I've never seen it happen (unless the shopowner has done something a bit out of the ordinary to make it happen) and I've seen many hundreds (perhaps 1000s) of oscommerce shops over the years.

After fresh installing the latest Phoenix (1.0.1.4) to my local wamp server also i do have the following warning message after placing an order and then go to: admin -> orders -> edit order.

It seems that this warning is not new see this treat:

They also provide a fix but i dont know if this is okay to use on Phoenix

The warning appears on my installation on php 7.2 and 7.3

I dont know how i can have made a mistake  on  installing, while i just follow the smooth installation instructions.

What go's wrong and how to solve this?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by Rwe

Next batch of bugfixes will be on 1.0.2.1, keep them coming, thanks.

Demo site is running the upcoming new features in 1.0.2.0

I have split out some conversations as they deserve their own thread.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, mhsuffolk said:

Warning: Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\*********\htdocs\includes\modules\content\login\cm_paypal_login.php on line 41

Just do a new install on a new database and do not click on the paypal app start button if u  dont want to finish the paypal app  setup.

you can also manual remove the empty paypal app defines in the  configuration table  

Some feedback .. Haven't installed Phoenix yet - I only  tested  https://template.me.uk/phoenix/index.php  on different browsers / screen sizes. All good - only on iPAD 768 x 1024 and Kindle 800 x 1280 Left and Right columns are quite small.

Personally I would like to have the Main Categories (Fruit - Vegetables) in the Hamburger menu. Now it is only linking to My Account and Shopping Cart.

27 minutes ago, azpro said:

I would like to have the Main Categories (Fruit - Vegetables) in the Hamburger menu. Now it is only linking to My Account and Shopping Cart.

As we're now modular...it just needs you to make yourself a navbar_module for categories...

Demo shop is now at v1.0.2.0 (more or less).  Couple of extra bits for the constant progress towards the next version...

Please feel free to have a look and if you spot any gremlins or have questions, constructive feedback etc

Hi @burt

What changes should we look or expect? At first glance it is impossible to see the changes.

It would be nice to add a brief description what things changed or what are the new innovations in the new version.

Regards.

Valqui

Edited by valquiria23

Where-ever a product is shown (other than product_info.php), the display is in a set format, broadly like this;

qwertyuio.jpg.3f022acd899cbf94fe2fb6ae322b8362.jpg

Subtle difference depending on where (and what) is displayed. 
EG, the reviews box shows some reviews text and stars.

If you did not notice, then I have done my task well.