burt

Phoenix, constructive feedback + bug hunting

What should be there?  It should be a text description of the image.

How do we get a text description of the image there, in multi-language ?

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

Maybe it can be done in admin with an extra  multi language database field for the image alt. Or the same  like the product title?

:heart: osCommerce

I am using osCommerce version 2.3.4.1 CE  Frozen

9 minutes ago, Rwe said:

Maybe it can be done in admin with an extra  multi language database field for the image alt. Or the same  like the product title?

It would be very difficult to do that for each extra image.

If it hasn't been mentioned, I suggest removing the Google+ Direct Connect module since they stopped Google+.

20 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

If it hasn't been mentioned, I suggest removing the Google+ Direct Connect module since they stopped Google+.

Great thanks - I'll remove it in the next point update.  👍

@JcMagpie

On 7/22/2019 at 2:31 AM, JcMagpie said:

Issue is in portrait mode, As you can see PayPal image is bleading out side box.

As far as I can remember, this has been an issue for years.

@burt

On 7/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, burt said:

.list-group-item-text { overflow: hidden; position: relative; line-height: 1.2em; max-height: 3.6em; text-align: justify; margin-right: -1em; padding-right: 1em; }
.list-group-item-text:before { content: '...'; position: absolute; right: 0; bottom: 0; }
.list-group-item-text:after { content: ''; position: absolute; right: 0; width: 1em; height: 1em; margin-top: 0.2em; background: white; }

You can use .css as above, added to user.css

Props to http://hackingui.com/front-end/a-pure-css-solution-for-multiline-text-truncation/ for that.

23 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

I have also found that this works on firefox and chrome, -webkit-line-clamp sets the number of lines of text to be shown. Added to user.css

.list-group-item-text{ 
            overflow: hidden; 
            text-overflow: ellipsis; 
            display: -webkit-box; 

/* The number of lines to be displayed */ 
            -webkit-line-clamp: 3;  
            -webkit-box-orient: vertical; 
        } 

However both solutions produces a limited display on mobile phones.

Will either of these fixes be rolled into Phoenix?

M

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

1 minute ago, ArtcoInc said:

Will either of these fixes be rolled into Phoenix?

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", as I do intend to make some changes in the grid/list functionality in the near future...

Undefined constant used by admin/modules_content.php:

[Wed Jul 24 22:19:14.913603 2019] [lsapi:notice] [pid 4040818:tid 140002618992384] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:63663] [host (somewebsite)] Backend log: PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /(somewebsite)/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php on line 41\n, referer: https://(somewebsite)/catalog/admin/modules_content.php?action=list_new&module=cm_paypal_login

What does this mean?

3 hours ago, kgtee said:

Undefined constant used by admin/modules_content.php:

What does this mean?

Okay now. This error is gone after patching to 1.0.1.1.

Hi Burt and other 'godfathers',

Thank you very very much for the great work you accomplished making Phoenix 1.0.

I came across issues with some of the files of 1.0.1.0.

I noticed that the files in the /admin/ part contain 'symbolic' table names and file and directory names.  We  need to replace those 'symbolic table, file and directory names with real names.

I listed (almost all?) the  affected files in https://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/493712-updating-my-site-to-phoenix/?do=findComment&comment=1791465

Best regards,

Eveline

2 minutes ago, Denkster said:

I noticed that the files in the /admin/ part contain 'symbolic' table names and file and directory names. 

Admin side is awaiting conversion. 

You (as a shopowner) should be making no core code changes if at all possible.

Dear friends,

I have a suggestion.

In the file catalog/admin/customers.php there is a statement that merges table fields:

$customer_info = array_merge($country, $info, $reviews);

That only works if the value of customers_default_address_id of table customer_info for the selected customer has a value

So I suggest to ALTER the table customer_info and change the default value for customers_default_address_id accordingly.

I hope that will help getting error messages at the point where the error is caused: when inserting a record to customer_info.

Best regards,

Eveline

I state (again);  Admin side is awaiting conversion.

But I am interested to know ... in what circumstance would a customer not have a default_address_id ?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, burt said:

I state (again);  Admin side is awaiting conversion.

Sorry... I missed that ... just trying to help..

26 minutes ago, burt said:

... in what circumstance would a customer not have a default_address_id ?

When something goes wrong in the front end. Of course, nothing should go wrong there, but we know things do go wrong even if that is impossible (Murphy). It is just nicer if you are warned as soon as the problem occurs, not much later somewhere else..

One more reason: I do not need any address if the customer orders and pays a download.

Best regards

Eveline

Edited by Denkster
One more reeason

Dear friends,

I just got this warning in /admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=1&action=edit

( ! ) Warning: Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\wamp64\www\htdoc3\includes\apps\paypal\hooks\admin\orders\tab.php on line 37
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0000 412600 {main}( ) ...\orders.php:0
2 0.0156 763584 hooks->call( ) ...\orders.php:407
3 0.0156 763584 hook_admin_orders_paypal->listen_orderTab( ) ...\hooks.php:57
4 0.0156 833248 paypal_hook_admin_orders_tab->execute( ) ...\paypal.php:31

It happened in a clean install of Phoenix 1.0.1.0.

Best regards,

Eveline

I've never seen it happen (unless the shopowner has done something a bit out of the ordinary to make it happen) and I've seen many hundreds (perhaps 1000s) of oscommerce shops over the years.  But, if you want to get that part *professionally* re-coded by a developer I'd gladly take it into core.  

Just tested it on 1.0.1.1 and it gives same warning on editing order.

[25-Jul-2019 21:05:24 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/jcmagpiec/public_html/includes/apps/paypal/hooks/admin/orders/tab.php on line 37

Hi Burt,

Thank you for your insights. I really appreciate your efforts, you deliver a great product with Phoenix!

The install script for Phoenix 1.0.1.0 worked amazingly smooth, great job!

We, the amateur users and shop owners can only try to help by reporting what they do not understand..

Here is one thing:

I suggest that, when a new customer has added its first address, that address should be marked as default automatically (which seems not to happen in 1.0.1.0)

Best regards

Eveline

Just now, Denkster said:

I suggest that, when a new customer has added its first address, that address should be marked as default automatically (which seems not to happen in 1.0.1.0)

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/create_account.php#L213 takes care of it. 

Please get some other people to check their installations.   After that testing we will know if it's broken or not.

Replacing line 37 with this fixes warning on my test site.

public_html/includes/apps/paypal/hooks/admin/orders/tab.php

$ppstatus_query = tep_db_query("select comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' and orders_status_id = '" . (int)'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' . "' and comments like 'Transaction ID:%' order by date_added desc limit 1");

Hi JcMagpie,

Thanks for taking me serious.

42 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

Replacing line 37 with this fixes warning on my test site.

public_html/includes/apps/paypal/hooks/admin/orders/tab.php 

$ppstatus_query = tep_db_query("select comments from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' and orders_status_id = '" . (int)'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID' . "' and comments like 'Transaction ID:%' order by date_added desc limit 1");

You enclosed the undefined constant with quotes, which makes the warnig go away. I wonder if that affects the functionality of the statement?

Maybe it is just a language file with definitions missing?

Best regards

Eveline

11 hours ago, Denkster said:

I'm sure the profesionals will be able to look into it and find an appropriate fix if this is not suitable, all we can do is test and report findings.

12 hours ago, Denkster said:

Hi JcMagpie,

Thanks for taking me serious.

You enclosed the undefined constant with quotes, which makes the warnig go away. I wonder if that affects the functionality of the statement?

Best regards

Eveline

Do you use Paypal ? If not, uninstall the module in admin, and see if the error goes away.

These type of errors sometime appear when a module is installed but not active.

Hello Burt,

First, thank you for Phoenix! Having followed your  oscommerce responsive developement site I was glad to see that we now have it official! Easiest install ever.

Now, about the latest version 1.0.11, virgin install on php 7.2 my error logs show the following:

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG - assumed 'HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/application_top.php on line 376
the line in application_top.php is:   
    $breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link('index.php')); 
and is defined in english.php!

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT - assumed 'PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/boxes/bm_manufacturers.php on line 58
line in question is
$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT);

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_NOSCRIPT - assumed 'TEXT_NOSCRIPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/hooks/shop/siteWide/noJs.php on line 21
line in question is:
  function listen_injectBodyWrapperStart() {
    $msg = TEXT_NOSCRIPT;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_SEARCH_PLACEHOLDER - assumed 'TEXT_SEARCH_PLACEHOLDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/content/header/cm_header_search.php on line 47
line in question is:
    $search_box .= tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'required aria-required="true" aria-label="' . TEXT_SEARCH_PLACEHOLDER . '" placeholder="' . TEXT_SEARCH_PLACEHOLDER . '"', 'search');

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT - assumed 'FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/content/login/templates/tpl_cm_login_form.php on line 11
line in question is:
      echo tep_draw_input_field('email_address', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputEmail" autocomplete="username email" placeholder="' . MODULE_CONTENT_LOGIN_ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_PLACEHOLDER . '"', 'email');
      echo FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT - assumed 'FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/content/login/templates/tpl_cm_login_form.php on line 19
line in question is:
      echo tep_draw_input_field('password', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputPassword" autocomplete="new-password" placeholder="' . MODULE_CONTENT_LOGIN_ENTRY_PASSWORD_PLACEHOLDER . '"', 'password');
      echo FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN - assumed 'IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/content/login/templates/tpl_cm_login_form.php on line 24
line in question is:
  <p class="text-right"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_LOGIN, 'fas fa-sign-in-alt', null, 'primary', NULL, 'btn-success btn-block'); ?></p>

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE - assumed 'IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/content/login/templates/tpl_cm_create_account_link.php on line 5
line in question is:
  <p class="text-right"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'fas fa-angle-right', tep_href_link('create_account.php', '', 'SSL'), null, null, 'btn-primary btn-block'); ?></p>

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_SORT_BY - assumed 'TEXT_SORT_BY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 44
line in question is:
          <?php echo TEXT_SORT_BY; ?><span class="caret"></span>

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS - assumed 'TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 55
line in question is:
                $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS - assumed 'TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/functions/general.php on line 891
line in question is:
    if ($sortby) {
      $sort_prefix = '<a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('info', 'sort', 'page')) . 'sort=' . $colnum . ($sortby == $colnum . 'a' ? 'd' : 'a')) . '" title="' . tep_output_string(TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS . ($sortby == $colnum . 'd' || substr($sortby, 0, 1) != $colnum ? TEXT_ASCENDINGLY : TEXT_DESCENDINGLY) . TEXT_BY . $heading) . '" class="dropdown-item">' ;

Use of undefined constant TEXT_DESCENDINGLY - assumed 'TEXT_DESCENDINGLY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/functions/general.php on line 891
PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_BY - assumed 'TEXT_BY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/functions/general.php on line 891
line in question is:
    if ($sortby) {
      $sort_prefix = '<a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('info', 'sort', 'page')) . 'sort=' . $colnum . ($sortby == $colnum . 'a' ? 'd' : 'a')) . '" title="' . tep_output_string(TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS . ($sortby == $colnum . 'd' || substr($sortby, 0, 1) != $colnum ? TEXT_ASCENDINGLY : TEXT_DESCENDINGLY) . TEXT_BY . $heading) . '" class="dropdown-item">' ;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TABLE_HEADING_PRICE - assumed 'TABLE_HEADING_PRICE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 61
line in question is:
                case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
                $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE - assumed 'TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 70
line in question is:
                case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
                $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW - assumed 'TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 73
line in question is:
                case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
                $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_VIEW_LIST - assumed 'TEXT_VIEW_LIST' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 94
line in question is:
        <a href="#" id="list" class="nav-link"><span class="fas fa-th-list"></span><?php echo TEXT_VIEW_LIST; ?></a>

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant TEXT_VIEW_GRID - assumed 'TEXT_VIEW_GRID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 97
line in question is:
        <a href="#" id="grid" class="nav-link"><span class="fas fa-th"></span><?php echo TEXT_VIEW_GRID; ?></a>

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW - assumed 'SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 191
line in question is:
            $prod_list_contents .= '<a role="button" href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . (int)$listing['products_id']) . '" class="btn btn-light btn-sm btn-product-listing btn-view">' . SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_VIEW . '</a>' . PHP_EOL;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY - assumed 'SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 192
line in question is:
    $prod_list_contents .=  tep_draw_button(SMALL_IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY, 'fas fa-shopping-cart', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . (int)$listing['products_id']), NULL, array('params' => 'data-has-attributes="' . ((tep_has_product_attributes((int)$listing['products_id']) === true) ? '1' : '0') . '" data-in-stock="' . (int)$listing['in_stock'] . '" data-product-id="' . (int)$listing['products_id'] . '"'), 'btn-success btn-sm btn-product-listing btn-buy') . PHP_EOL;

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant PREVNEXT_TITLE_PAGE_NO - assumed 'PREVNEXT_TITLE_PAGE_NO' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (catalog) /includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 107
line in question is:
            $display_links_string .= '<a class="page-link" href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, $parameters . $this->page_name . '=' . $jump_to_page, $request_type) . '" title=" ' . sprintf(PREVNEXT_TITLE_PAGE_NO, $jump_to_page) . ' ">' . $jump_to_page . '<span class="sr-only">(current)</span></a>';

Hope this helps before we move on to php 7.3. I am now testing numerous addon on this install to quickly get out updates for them for the community.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Barbie

Please recheck your installation, and before moving on to update "addons", get familiar with the new things in Phoenix as addons can now be done in many different ways. 

Thanks for the reports, I have not checked fully but most (if not all - I have not checked) are in /includes/languages/english.php