• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oscommerce CE on one.com

LeeFoster

Does anyone have the latest Community Edition hosted on one.com? I have uploaded the files and installed the database but when I try to go to the catalogue it tries to install again and when I try to log into the admin it tells me the password is incorrect.

@LeeFoster

Either one.com has their servers set up odd, or you made a mistake in the installation. If it were me, I'd blow away the installation, and start over again. Pay particular attention during the first installation screen, where the installer runs through the checklist of what's needed on the server (you may need to scroll down to see everything). If it fails again, contact one.com to find out what's going on.

M

PS: Can you find out if one.com is running a Windows server, or a *nix server? Are they running Apache as the web hosting application, or IIS?

22 minutes ago, ArtcoInc said:

@LeeFoster

Either one.com has their servers set up odd, or you made a mistake in the installation. If it were me, I'd blow away the installation, and start over again. Pay particular attention during the first installation screen, where the installer runs through the checklist of what's needed on the server (you may need to scroll down to see everything). If it fails again, contact one.com to find out what's going on.

M

PS: Can you find out if one.com is running a Windows server, or a *nix server? Are they running Apache as the web hosting application, or IIS?

From past experience of using them they use Apache.

I have deleted everything and reinstalled and I now have the admin section fixed but any time I try to go to the home page without /index.php in the URL it tries to install again.

Had the same problem of install page reloading even after deleting install directory and after clearing browser cache but next day the problem had gone - don't understand enough to know why but all good now.

Just like you have a cache for your browser, the server will cache recent requests to make them available faster. As @Heatherbell said, the cache will clear by itself with time. There are utilities to do this, but they seem to all need be run at the server level.

Archived