For stock?

Can't go wrong with Easypopulate I use it every day, many times a day

EP as progressed to a tool for exporting product details for easy editing
in text or with Excel. After, we can import the product detail back into
the osCommerce database with changes.

EP lets you quickly populate and update thousands of products
in many categories for an OSC store with data from an; Excel spreadsheet,
OpenOffice spreasheet, Filemaker database, Access database. Any delimited
text file (you can now set a config var for the separator character).

We can also export sets of products based on a category, manufacturer, or
the product's status (visible/not visible) for editing, moving to another
site or storing.

EP supports multiple categories, multiple languages, creates Categories
and Manufacturers on the fly, unlimited levels of categories/subcategories
are supported, products without pictures can be defaulted to a standard
"no picture available" image and file uploading via browser or grab a
file from the temp directory.

No, I mean import/export of the module itself. So, for example you could export a module from one cart/domain/test environment and import it into another easily. Export would create all files needed while maintaining file hierarchy.

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Code something up. Let those in charge see what you have done and if good enough it may get added to core. Personally cant really see a need for it as addons are now generally only upload and a turn on. Cant get much simpler than that.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

with the uploading the module, what is wrong with using FileZilla?

how would you handle add-ons like https://apps.oscommerce.com/oS9zZ&jcm-footer-brands-logo-s-v1-0-ce which has a folder for bs3 and another for bs4 as well as a read me files

you would also still need to know where all the files were uploaded to

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

I suppose the idea of exporting modules is geared towards developers/coders. For example, I'm currently converting modules from BS3 to BS4. It would be nice to be able to easily export those and import into different testing environments or easily post to the apps marketplace. The key word is "easy".

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Personally I think it's a nice idea.  If you're just looking after one store, probably your own then you wouldn't have much need for it.  My employer has nearly a 800 clients and nearly 2000 hosted sites.  We try to save time by reusing as much previous work/code as possible to make us more efficient.  We also have live/production and staging/development areas where we may duplicate sites and place them for additional development without affecting the service of the live site/store.

At the moment after testing, I'd either have to copy rows using Navicat from the DB and paste in the live DB or install the module and manually enter the details again into the live store/site.  This would be a nice feature.  I might add it to my to-do list Smoky!

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

Archived