• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URL in attribute pricing

I have an OSCommerce site using 2.3.4. I sell books on the site using attribute pricing, where a particular book will have the option to select hardcover or paperback. We're getting into selling eBooks, which will need to go through Amazon (because doesn't everything?) 

The easiest way I can think of is to have a 3rd attribute that states eBook, but has a link to the Amazon page for that particular eBook. I'm not sure how to include a URL in the description of the eBook to click on. 

Is there a way to do this easily? I'm assuming that each book would need its own unique description, since the URL would be included? 

Thanks

Jeff

Normally selling EBooks is handled on the site using the Downloads option. But I'm not sure how that will work with Amazon. You can edit the download module to add a link to Amazon. The existing link would have to be removed unless you also sold downloads on the site, in which case you would have to do some checking of the product.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello @Jeffrmarks,

Supposed you sell the e-books in amazon, I mean all the transaction is done in amazon and you only need the link to the product listed in amazon, you  do not need it as an option.

You could use the product URL which is available in the product setup in admin. Enter there the Amazon URL of the e-book.

Then you need to add the following content module for the product page to show the link:

This module is for the modular product page of 2.3.4.1 BS FROZEN. But you can easy adapt the code for your older OsCOmmerce version or try to find something for your version in the marketplace.

The product URL was included in OsC 2.2 series, but removed from the product page in OSC 2.3 series.

Just rename the label to something like "Buy the e-book in Amazon".

Edited by raiwa

Here is the old snippet from OsC 2.2 which should do it also in your 2.3.4 version. products_url is still retrieved in the product query:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {
?>
      <tr>
        <td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
      </tr>
<?php
    }