• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories different rows

Kurre

@Jack_mcs It did not work, I use the frozen community versionen, I have no Equal heigt header tags in it, so when I upload the modul New equal heights nothing is replaced and there is nothing to install in the admin under header tags ?

When I had this issue it was because of the image sizes being of different size which I can see you have

Once I had them all at 500x400 it all lined up nicly

I got introduced to the below software, set resize to 500 x 400 and padding to 500 x 400 load your category images and process them. Then upload them back to the shop
https://www.inspire-soft.net/software/easy-image-modifier

2 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

When I had this issue it was because of the image sizes being of different size which I can see you have

Once I had them all at 500x400 it all lined up nicly

I got introduced to the below software, set resize to 500 x 400 and padding to 500 x 400 load your category images and process them. Then upload them back to the shop
https://www.inspire-soft.net/software/easy-image-modifier

Tried that now but it did not help.

osCommerce 2.3.4.1. CE  FROZEN  Bootstrap Version   when installed and configured properly has no problems with alignment,

Post a link to your site as it will help to see why it's happning. Also is this stock osC or have you made chnages to the code?

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

Tried that now but it did not help.

As JcMagpie said post a link as the screen shot taken early differently shows images of different heights

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

Yes I did and did not work.

I've installed it into many shops and can assure you it does work. Please post a screenshot of your admin->Modules->Header Tags so I can see if there are any problems.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you use Firefox, install the addon web developper, you can place external lines to all your images.
See the screenshot.
Your pictures are perfect, nothing to say.
This is the text under the photos pictures that does not have the same length: 1, 2 or 3 lines, which is what causes the display to be defective.

pictures_outlines.jpg

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

other pages are fine. I would suspect you have a bad product in that subcatogory which is causing the problem, turn off the products in that one at a time untill the problem is gone.

image.png.516ae6fb00e5fa0a6529244c6e2fa118.png

As @bonbec said the text can be changed to fix problem, but I think it may be what is in the text that may be causing a problem? Adding special characters in the description can be problematic. Try testing with just plain text in long strings to see if it makes any change.

image.png.2c4c2e61abd3a4eb7f401c1d12d38f72.png

24 minutes ago, bonbec said:

If you use Firefox, install the addon web developper, you can place external lines to all your images.
See the screenshot.
Your pictures are perfect, nothing to say.
This is the text under the photos pictures that does not have the same length: 1, 2 or 3 lines, which is what causes the display to be defective.

pictures_outlines.jpg

Yes you are right, I have changed the category names so all has 2 rows, now it works.

How can I do so it works fine even if the catgory names has different row size ?

17 minutes ago, Kurre said:

Yes you are right, I have changed the category names so all has 2 rows, now it works.

How can I do so it works fine even if the catgory names has different row size ?

Add to the relevant product listing class a min-height value that allows to fit the max number of lines you have in your store.

Products with less lines should keep then additional white space.

3 minutes ago, Kurre said:

But there is categories that I need to resize images and insert images to before it works.

This is the wrong approach. Changing text and resizing images might fix the problem today. What happens a year from now when your client adds something larger? If you are happy with the result and don't mind the extra work then that is fine. But allowing the code to fix the issues on the fly is the way it should be handled, in my opinion.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

13 minutes ago, Kurre said:

But there is categories that I need to resize images and insert images to before it works.

The images can be solved with KissIt image thumbnailer. If you have images with different proportions (and sizes), it will add blank background to auto create thumbs with equal proportions and size:

KissIT Image Thumbnailer BS

The real problem is poor design. Everybody that installed this version has this problem. Installing the equal heights module that Jack mentioned solves the problem. I would never touch my images or products etc, to facilitate a bad design.

I could be wrong but as I recall this was an issue with early Edge sites which required equal hights to fix. Even then it's only a problem if you modify the code to allow long names on cats. I just cheked my CE Frozen test site and it has no equal hights add-on and you can not brake the cats. Long cat names are cut short. So is ths only an issue if you edit the code to allow long name? It's been a long tme since I looked at this so not sure, I'm sure I only had this issue on earlt Edge sites but I could be wrong.

image.png.32083d90f434c07884ca59e0ed9e18bf.png

BS4 also limits name length

image.png.8c358ebabfc8d17adb4a30370961963d.png

Archived