• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to manage heaps of images

Hi all, using frozen bs and we have heaps and heaps images / products so many that trying to manage them with FTP only gets us down to H

During the import using easy populate we are putting images in to separate directories based on brands or catagories, but keying products directly into OSC or updating images in OSC admin we are already ending up with heaps of images in the root images/ directory

So

1. How do others manage this?
  2. can we add a path section to adding / editing products so the images will go in to a sub directory of images based on what ever path is entered
  3. what else can be done?

Many thanks

I had a similar problem when I started in as much that I wanted to put images into files  with the same name as the categories.

I use this, but it is old, but it does work. Now the problem being that I only use the CE version of oscommerce and not frozen, and I do not use php higher than 5.6 at the present so things may need to be altered and recoded. I am going to add it into a frozen test site but so far do not have the time.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/IqETn

There may be better and newer addons out there but I have not looked lately. If nothing else it may give you a heads up on recoding something to suit your needs.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I have the above addon installed in CE Frozen PHP 7.01, works well, and stores images in sub directories.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Have a look at this old thread and see if it makes sence. When this is done you simply make the sub directorys you need under /images/ and upload all the image files into them. Make sure your db has corect path to each image in each product and your done.

if you add a new product then you have a new box in admin showing path for image, use that.

Not perfect but works! or as pointed out use an add-on.

image.png.ac5c0b157aeef4d1a6a45dac0f44af61.png

@Mikepo I can't get it to work for me it will not put the image in the directory. I have changed all the post and gets to the correct value removed the hard written DIR_WS_IMAGES;  and replaced with 'images/'
Any chance you can PM me your admin/categories.php file to compare

@JcMagpie the code from the post is so old again I think I will have trouble making it work

1 minute ago, supercheaphobb said:

the code from the post is so old again I think I will have trouble making it work

😂 Works fine still, very little changed in code, The only restiction is it is limited to one image per product as aditional images were a later additon to the code.

@supercheaphobb

just checked my categories.php file and the additions/mods are as detailed in the addon.  Have you made sure you have directory permissions sets correctly, 775 would do.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived