alex121121

I have no "main_page.tpl.php" file

I see the addon was submitted under Ver 2.2, not sure if that was a mistake, but Neither Bootstrap nor official osC has a file called main_page.tpl.php

Also note that the bootstrap version removes these kind of definitions:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'cur_update.php'); ?>

So you should use instead:

<?php require('includes/cur_update.php'); ?>

16 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

So you should use instead:

<?php require('includes/cur_update.php'); ?>

Ok, but in what file should i add that line of code if there is no main_page.tpl.php?

You should add it on the page that you want to see it. eg homepage -> index.php

You're not going to get much support for these types of addons, because the index.php has changed for the CE versions.

But it's a currency auto update addon, it updates currency changes without you having to click "update currency in admin". How can one see it on one page and not the others?   

Posted (edited)

@alex121121

I downloaded the add-on in question to take a look at it. While it *may* have worked way back when, I don't think it will do what you want it to do now, especially with the current Community Edition of osC.

Sorry 😕

M

Edited by ArtcoInc

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

That's a new thing to come across.

No one would think of losing a feature or add-on or anything with an update.

My guess would be that the author of this add-on had a third-party "template" installed on his system, and forgot that "main_page.tpl.php" isn't standard osC. If it looks like the rest of the add-on is usable (on something 4 years old, I'd check carefully), you would look at the structure of the calls in the add-on, and from that figure out where the call(s) and include(s) should be placed. Is this something to be run only from admin, or should every customer kick it off (could get expensive!)? If it's intended to be a regular update of rates, perhaps putting it in admin and running it daily with a cron job would work the best. That way, it wouldn't consume excess cycles (or hit someone's rate site so often as to upset them), but would be sure to update on a regular basis.

See if the underlying rate lookup system is still available, before you spend a lot of time working on this. FXR sites come and go.

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 4:16 PM, alex121121 said:

But it's a currency auto update addon, it updates currency changes without you having to click "update currency in admin".

This one might work better for you.

Edited by Jack_mcs