• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories and Sub Categories

Ok I few questions and request for assistance

1. When selecting a Category from the category box that has sub categories they are shown on the main screen
    1. As some of my category images are different sizes these sub categories do not display the best, Is there an add-on which will resize these pics on the fly
    2. How can I have the same sub categories display in boxes like "New Products for" displays

2. With the Categories Box
    1. How do I increase the indent for sub categories, Is the correct way to add more     to the below
        $OSCOM_CategoryTree->setCategoryPath($cPath, '<strong>', '</strong>');
            $OSCOM_CategoryTree->setSpacerString('&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;', 1);
    2. If I wanted to add bullets to this display or bullets as gif do I add list-style: none; to my existing "mycatagory" in user.css for this area
      $OSCOM_CategoryTree->setParentGroupString('<ul class="nav nav-pills nav-stacked" id="mycatagory">', '</ul>', true);

I tried the below in user.css but it did not work
      @media (min-width: 992px) {
        #mycatagory > li > a {
            list-style: square;
            padding: 5px 15px;
        }
      }

2 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

As some of my category images are different sizes these sub categories do not display the best, Is there an add-on which will resize these pics on the fly

JcM Adaptive Images addon Frozen

others also available.

Image size should not be relavent, What you should check is make sure all your images are the same layout/size ratio. Mixing landscape and portrait will cause problems.

Archived