Jump to content
IAmGrammy

Adding Shop Owner but not with full Admin Privileges?

Recommended Posts

Typically, I'm sure the "owner" should have all the privileges in the world, but in this case, a friend of mine wants me to set up an online store for her, since I built, maintain and host her main website.  She only wants to be able to add product, check inventory, etc; just the basic business end of things.  As far as the way the store looks and functions, the less she has available to click on, the less chance there will be of her breaking things and my not being able to fix it (not knowing what in the world she clicked on). In fact, I can tell you that she is terrified of all the "bells and whistles" of osCommerce and is already saying "I can't do this".

All that to ask:  is there any way to add her as a user but will limited access so that she only has to concern herself with adding product, overseeing customers, shipping, etc., and not have all the other settings to freak her out (or to freak me out if she messes with them)?

I'm using the latest Frozen release from Github, Bootstrap 4.

Thanks!  😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, IAmGrammy said:

I'm using the latest Frozen release from Github, Bootstrap 4.

Sorry, but this info is contradictory. If it’s FROZEN, it’s BS3, if it’s BS4, it’s EDGE (not FROZEN).

Anyway search the marketplace for admin levels, there are several add-ons available. All of them are older and may need some update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an old one so you will need to check and update as required.

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

Personaly I would make sure nightly backups are set for the site and keep a master back up of all the config files and config db. Use control panel to restrict wirte to config fles to only you. You can then simply recover from any mess made by customer.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IAmGrammy

This thread may help ...

This will require updating it to the current version of osC, though.

M

Edited by ArtcoInc

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Sorry, but this info is contradictory. If it’s FROZEN, it’s BS3, if it’s BS4, it’s EDGE (not FROZEN).

Anyway search the marketplace for admin levels, there are several add-ons available. All of them are older and may need some update.

Quite right, my mistake.  osCommerce 2.3.4.1 CE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

It's an old one so you will need to check and update as required.

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

Personaly I would make sure nightly backups are set for the site and keep a master back up of all the config files and config db. Use control panel to restrict wirte to config fles to only you. You can then simply recover from any mess made by customer.

Oh, thanks for that, I'll mess with it now, while I'm still setting up the test store, and see what blows up, ha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IAmGrammy said:

Quite right, my mistake.  osCommerce 2.3.4.1 CE

Unfortunately, that refers to both Frozen and Edge. Frozen is the snapshot of Edge, with Bootstrap 3, that was frozen a year ago. Edge is still under active development, and has Bootstrap 4 (including Admin side). Gary doesn't believe in making it simple for store owners to know (or report) what version they're running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The discussion regarding the Confusion over osC versions has been moved to it's own thread.   I knew I shouldn't have commented here.  Please use this thread if you want to continue that conversation.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×