• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

hello people, is it possible for shipping costs at a price of 0.00 to leave this at the display?

I would like to offer the delivery as a choice, but the price 0.00 should not be displayed.

I'd already like to thank you for your answers

what version of oscommere?

what shipping module?

you could use an if statement if price > 0 code to show price

cannot give more info without knowing the answers to 2 questions above

if you wanted it across all shipping modules then it could be done in order total > ot_shipping.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

to clarify answer above

what version of oscommere?

what shipping module?

you could use an if statement if price > 0 code to show price

cannot give more info without knowing the answers to 2 questions above

it would also need to be done in order total > ot_shipping.php otherwise confirmation page will also show 0.00 for shipping

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

If shipping is free, it should still say so somewhere on the page. Otherwise, customers will be confused as to whether a shipping fee is hiding somewhere, and perhaps not complete the purchase if they fear they will be surprised with an unexpected shipping fee. I've heard of store owners modifying the code to say "Free Shipping", or the like, just to reassure customers.

There is a free shipping option in modules > Order Total > Shipping set the free shipping true and set Free Shipping For Orders Over 0.00

or look to this bit of code in flat.php

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                            'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE,
                            'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
                                                     'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY,
                                                     'cost' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST)));

I'm sure it's been done before, but you could look at wherever it prints out the currency-formatted shipping fee amount ($0.00 or whatever) and check if the amount == 0.00. If it does, instead of formatting the value for currency, just output "FREE" (or <span style="color: red; font-weight: bold;">FREE</span>). Something along those lines. It might have to be done in multiple places.

Ok, thanks for the helpful tips.

can someone else tell me how to start a query in checkout_shipping.php after the shipping module flat.php?

I mean if the module flat is available should not be displayed 0.00 singles "free shipping"

Other shipping modules may not be affected.

Archived