• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying the create account page - Frozen BS

SCH_001

Hi all, you will most likely get sick of all my posts soon. As guessed I am setting up a new install

So the user side create account page and most likely any of the address pages

I can't find which file to edited

1. I want to remove the fax number
  2. remove the word Province from State/Province
  3. Remove City and make Suburb a required entry
  4. or rename City to Suburb and remove what was suburb
  5. In the company name field is there away to have the word "Optional" in there <- some people seem to thing every field needs to be filled in (not really an issue)

Also while I am here Date format, Please let me know all the places that need to be changed so date is in dd/mm/yyyy etc

1. I want to remove the fax number

In create_account.php find (approx line 465)

<div class="form-group row">
    <label for="inputFax" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <div class="col-sm-9">
      <?php
      echo tep_draw_input_field('fax', '', 'id="inputFax" placeholder="' . ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER_TEXT . '"', 'tel');
      ?>
    </div>
  </div

Replace with:

<!--
<div class="form-group row">
    <label for="inputFax" class="col-form-label col-sm-3 text-left text-sm-right"><?php echo ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <div class="col-sm-9">
      <?php
      echo tep_draw_input_field('fax', '', 'id="inputFax" placeholder="' . ENTRY_FAX_NUMBER_TEXT . '"', 'tel');
      ?>
    </div>
  </div
-->

2. remove the word Province from State/Province

In includes/languages/english.php (approx line 111)

Find:

define('ENTRY_STATE', 'State/Province');

Replace with:

define('ENTRY_STATE', 'State');

3 & 4 Remove City and make Suburb a required entry / or rename City to Suburb and remove what was suburb

I'd recommend disabling Suburb and renaming City to Suburb as there's less work involved but this may cause a problem later on if you decide you wish to use the actual suburb field at some point as you'll have existing addresses where the suburb is in the city field and empty suburb fields.  But if it wont be an issue then see below.

In Admin > Configuration > Customer Details. Edit the suburb entry and change it to false.

Then back in  includes/languages/english.php (approx line 107) find:

define('ENTRY_CITY', 'City');
define('ENTRY_CITY_ERROR', 'Your City must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_CITY_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.');

And replace with:

// BOF start of change from city to suburb due to disabling suburb field
define('ENTRY_CITY', 'Suburb'); //was previously City
define('ENTRY_CITY_ERROR', 'Your Suburb must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_CITY_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.'); // was previously Your City...
// EOF start of change from city to suburb due to disabling suburb field

5. In the company name field is there away to have the word "Optional" in there <- some people seem to thing every field needs to be filled in (not really an issue)

Still in includes/languages/english.php

Find (approx line 81):

define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '');

And replace with:

define('ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT', '(Optional)');

Also while I am here Date format, Please let me know all the places that need to be changed so date is in dd/mm/yyyy etc

Still in includes/languages/english.php

Find (approx line 21):

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG', '%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date()
define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT', DATE_FORMAT_SHORT . ' %H:%M:%S');
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'mm/dd/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate

Replace with: 

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d/%m/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'd/m/Y'); // this is used for date()
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'dd/mm/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate

You'll also need to mirror this in admin

Find in admin/includes/languages/english.php (approx line 20):

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%m/%d/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('DATE_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y'); // this is used for date()
define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'm/d/Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date()
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', ''); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'mm/dd/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate

Replace with:

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d/%m/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'd/m/Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date()
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', ''); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_FORMAT', 'dd/mm/yy'); // see http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker/formatDate

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

@peterbuzzin A very big  thank you for taking the time to answer each question and spelling out exactly what needs to be done.
I am still learning coding etc and having replies like this makes it so much easier to learn and understand how it all works.

No problem at all. I remember when I was starting out 15 years ago with osC and can still remember some of the frustrations I had not knowing where or what to edit and the help I recieved. Good to be able to pay it forward :)

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

@peterbuzzin  Hi not sure if I should ask this here or start a new topic

Still can't get "Date Available:" in admin > edit product (not overly important) or " Expiry Date:" in admin > specials this would not be an issue but the add_on " Quick Update " pulls the date layout from specials according to the author BrockleyJohn.
image.png.a796172fe6b2e0d02dbfe3d4de65a809.png

Below is my admin language file with change in red, also why is the setlocale line in the normal language look like @setlocale I have tried google but no explanation

//setlocale(LC_ALL, array('en_US.UTF-8', 'en_US.UTF8', 'enu_usa'));
setlocale(LC_ALL, array('en_AU.UTF-8', 'en_AU.UTF8', 'ena_au'));
define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT', '%d/%m/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()
define('PHP_DATE_TIME_FORMAT', 'd/m/Y H:i:s'); // this is used for date()
define('JQUERY_DATEPICKER_I18N_CODE', 'en-AU'); // leave empty for en_US; see http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/#localization

////
// Return date in raw format
// $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
// raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY
function tep_date_raw($date, $reverse = false) {
  if ($reverse) {
    return substr($date, 0, 2) . substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 6, 4);
  } else {
    return substr($date, 6, 4) . substr($date, 3, 2) . substr($date, 0, 2);
  }
}

9 minutes ago, supercheaphobb said:

this would not be an issue but the add_on " Quick Update " pulls the date layout from specials according to the author BrockleyJohn

Would you mind linking me to the addon/contribution so I can take a look at the code?  It may not be honouring system wide time formatting, but I'll know more once I see it.

Thanks, so I've taken a look and at the same time realised it's not possible to change the way the date is outputted or entered without making further changes to how the dates are saved.  I should have realised sooner before when I initially replied about supplying the code but it's Friday and all I can think about is finishing work and starting the long weekend! lol Sorry!

YYYY-MM-DD is native DateTime data type storage in MySQL, so the dates are saved like that.  If you wanted to display them as DD-MM-YYYY you would need to change every page that saves a date so that it processes the date in DD-MM-YYYY and then reverses it before storing so it's saved as YYYY-MM-DD and then again on output it would need to be reversed back to DD-MM-YYYY.  It's a lot of fiddling for a small thing and you'd need to make that customisation for every page that saves a date and then again if you ever update or install more mods.

Generally it's only the shoppers you need to cater for in terms of localisation.  If our clients ever ask about it we just say that's how it's stored in the database and can't be changed.  Sorry I can't give you a simple solution on this occassion! :(

Archived