Posted (edited)

Hi to you All

It seem I can't find how to set this issue.

We have multiple product to sell but some (only a few) needs a deposit value non taxable to be added automatically when the product is selected.

How can I do it? I have tried the Add-on 'Deposit payment module' but isn't what I am looking for...

Ex.: If selected - product A worth 100 then add automatically 20.00 each as a deposit or core charge non-taxable but the product is taxable as it will be refundable.

In used car business, let say a Starter, when bought, we ask for a 20 for the old part and when returned, the 20 is refund.

If you can help

Edited by nomaUsageDom

Did you get the "deposit payment module for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2" to work on a BS version?

15 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

Did you get the "deposit payment module for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2" to work on a BS version?

Hi supercheaphob!

I have normal osC 2.3.4 installed .... You can forget the Deposit Payment Module (It work) but it is not what I need it to do. I need another type of module, I don't find it...

Ex: If I sell A Pepsi can $1.00 (+taxe) I need the module to automatically add 1 line Item charging A 0.05¢ (non-taxable) for recuperation deposit - which will be credited eventually. If 12 Pepsi is selected, 12x 0.05¢ must be shown.

Hope I am clear enough.

Thanks you

So you want to add some fixed amount (or percentage) to the price? Are the reasons that you don't want to simply increase the price by that amount that 1) it shouldn't be taxed, 2) you want it listed as a separate item? The product description could take care of the second objection with "price includes 20% recuperation deposit" etc., but it would still be taxed. As this is different from shipping charges (which may or may not be taxable themselves) I guess you couldn't call it a shipping charge, unless there is a way to add a second shipping charge (and set it as non-taxable). All I can suggest at this point is to maybe look at the "minimum order fee" and modify it in some way to reflect the charges you want to make, and set it as non-taxable? There also may be some sort of "per item shipping fee" code that could be your starting point, if there isn't already something ready-to-go.

Hi @MrPhil The reason why I am looking for it is for the RC Hobby game, the distributor in Australia are ordering container shipments almost solely based on the back orders they need to fill. So for me to commit to ordering a $300 - $500 model kit from the distributor I want to collect a deposit from my customer which balance due once the kit / model is ready to be shipped

3 hours ago, MrPhil said:

Are the reasons that you don't want to simply increase the price by that amount that 1) it shouldn't be taxed, 2) you want it listed as a separate item? 

Hi @MrPhil

Thank you for your generous time regarding my issue.

First answer is 2) I want it listed as a separate item, I want it to be added automatically and it can't be in the "per item shipping fee". I Need like a toogle True / False - Deposit required kind of option.

I do understand your way of thinking, I would try again some options.

Most of my products doesn't need that option. But some, for recycling purposes in Qc Canada, like aluminum cans or glass bottles, I need to add $0.05 per unit or bottle $0.10 etc., of course, non-taxable

Here is what I am hoping to get:

If milk is bought = price (no tax) no problem on this one;

If 12 pack of brown liqueur = price (tx) + line adding $0.60 (no tax) for Deposit Qc; 

Delivery fee is flat rate $1.00 (tax) which is working fine.

Ok, now, by reading your footer line, I do understand that i am using an obsolete version, so I will start by upgrading to Frozen + patches then see where it brings me...

Thank you again!

Consigne_example.jpg

OK, we're talking about two different kinds of "deposits", but the same (or very similar) code might handle both of them.

@nomaUsageDom wants a non-taxable deposit (for recycling) that shows up as a line item in the receipt. @supercheaphobb wants customers to leave a refundable (if you end up having to cancel the order) deposit (earnest money), not taxed, with the balance and full tax due later. The deposit might be the only item on the receipt. The accounting would be handled differently between the two.

For the recycling deposit, if it could come after the merchandise subtotal, it might be handled like a tax (GST, VAT, etc. modules?). If it needs to be in the merchandise list, perhaps the shopping cart could be modified to automatically add a new item in the cart -- the deposit? You'd have to add some checks that the shopper doesn't remove the automatically-added deposit "item" from the cart!

For the earnest money deposit, are there any add-ons for "layaway plans", etc.? Maybe such could be modified to sell an "item" which is not a deliverable in and of itself, and is not taxable. I suppose you would always want in your records that the full item was ordered, but only partial payment received so far. Maybe someone has already come up with a good way to do this.

Posted (edited)

Hello @MrPhil,

FYI only, I finally opt to only use the Options/Attributes as it is Mandatory. If my issue can help others…

As all my transactions are Person to Person, the customers who accept it will be advised that an overcharge upon Delivery will be charge. He can also give back to the Delivery man the same amount of Cans in order to balance is account….

So, thank you again for all your help and big thanks to let me know about the Frozen version.

mrPhil01.jpg

Edited by nomaUsageDom