• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change to EDGE from Frozen

alex121121

Look closely at the database to see if the tables are the same. 
categories, categories_description, products, products_to_categories If you use attributes also compare the corresponding tables

You can keep your products, moving from any version of osC to any other, but you'll have to compare the database structures (schemas). It's likely that you'll have to massage the old DB to be structured the same as the new, a manual operation. When moving from one version to the next one up, SQL is often provided to do this for you, but I don't think there's anything for Frozen -> Edge. I don't think there are massive changes in the DB, but there might be a few.

You are aware that Edge is a moving target (unstable -- a feature added today may be gone tomorrow)? Have you thought out why you want to leave Frozen and move to Edge? Is it worth the effort? Beyond the performance improvement of BSv4 support, I'm not sure there is that much changed. If you are having problems with Frozen, be sure to apply the patches (another manual operation; see link in my signature below).

Archived