• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

In admin panel modules content = blank screen (edge)

I have just installed a fresh of copy of Responsive-osCommerce-master but in admin I get a blank screen when I select Modules content.

While I am here hoping to ask a couple of questions

1. How do I reduce the amount of white space around each of the Categories on the front end. I know I need to put something in to user.css just seeking some assistant to get started on what I am looking for
  2. When viewing on a mobile how do I get the Categories  to show before the "New Products For May"
  3. I have installed Frozen and Edge in to different directories to work out which one to move forward with. Is one of the other going to get more support in the way of add-ons

Many thanks Troy

When you see a blank screen, it's usually because you've hit a php error but errors are not displayed. (Sometimes there's another cause in admin but that typically affects the whole thing not just one page.)

in /admin/includes/application_top.php add a line after the error message settings to ensure they are displayed:

// Set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

if (defined('E_DEPRECATED')) {
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED);
  }

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

Then you should get info from php about what's actually happening.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi @BrockleyJohn thank you for that info this then gives me

Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed as constants in /home/santrocom/public_html/edge/includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_information_links.php on line 27

Line 27 of that files only has );

const MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_DATA = array(
    'privacy.php' => 'Privacy & Cookie Policy',
    'conditions.php' => 'Terms & Conditions',
    'shipping.php' => 'Shipping & Returns',
    'contact_us.php' => 'Contact Us'
  );

12 minutes ago, supercheaphobb said:

Hi @BrockleyJohn thank you for that info this then gives me

Fatal error: Arrays are not allowed as constants in /home/santrocom/public_html/edge/includes/languages/english/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_information_links.php on line 27

Line 27 of that files only has );

const MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_DATA = array(
    'privacy.php' => 'Privacy & Cookie Policy',
    'conditions.php' => 'Terms & Conditions',
    'shipping.php' => 'Shipping & Returns',
    'contact_us.php' => 'Contact Us'
  );

You are running php5.5 or below. The minimum for Edge is php7.0 (and the max is 7.1 currently)

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Oh ok @BrockleyJohnI  got the ticks before install so thought all was good.

Found option in my cpanel to set the php version which was 5.4 so changed it to 7.1 and all is now good in edge
Will this break the frozen version I have installed as I am comparing the too

Many thanks for your assistance

I can't remember anything on osc that's ok on php7.0 and not on 7.1

The main differences on 7.1 are to do with exception handling and some dynamic function calls so it doesn't really matter. 7.2 is a different animal though!

Archived