• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security checks gone

GoCastaway58

osC 2.3.4 is ancient, and will definitely have problems with PHP 7. You should think about at least installing a test version of Frozen + patches and see if it works OK. Do you see any error logs on your system, probably complaining about "deprecated" errors? As a very quick and dirty bypass, you might follow instructions in this forum for suppressing "deprecated" warnings and see if that will at least let you limp along while you figure out what you want to do. Even PHP 7.0 is gone now, and 7.1 is not far behind. It's also possible that rolling back PHP to 5.4 might get you by, but that should be regarded as a very temporary workaround.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:14 PM, MrPhil said:

osC 2.3.4 is ancient, and will definitely have problems with PHP 7. You should think about at least installing a test version of Frozen + patches and see if it works OK. Do you see any error logs on your system, probably complaining about "deprecated" errors? As a very quick and dirty bypass, you might follow instructions in this forum for suppressing "deprecated" warnings and see if that will at least let you limp along while you figure out what you want to do. Even PHP 7.0 is gone now, and 7.1 is not far behind. It's also possible that rolling back PHP to 5.4 might get you by, but that should be regarded as a very temporary workaround.

I sure have deprecated errors, its an error log from 3 weeks and 45Mb....

Its all like the last one:  [19-May-2019 22:41:41 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ht_product_title has a deprecated constructor

I will take a look at your solutions, hope i can fix it, i am not really a good coder and OsCommerce mediate.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@GoCastaway58

As @MrPhil suggested, ask your host if they can roll back to an earlier version of PHP. That *may* resolve your problem ... temporarily.

If it does work, use the time to consider updating your shop to the latest Community Edition of osC. (link in my signature).

M

I am going to try the PHP roll back and see what happens, but i can only go back to 5.6 and up to 7.1 - 7.2 -7.3

Downloaded the "frozen" version, but can i use that with the OsMart template? Its a good responsive template and would keep it

If a responsive site is your primary concern, Frozen is already responsive out-of-the-box. No template is needed.

Unless OsMart assures you that their template is compatible with Frozen (2.3.4.1BS/CE), it's very unlikely that it will work. Note that colors, typefaces/fonts, font size, and limited positioning and sizing of screen areas are all easily adjusted in the user.css file with CSS settings. You don't need a "template" to do these things. If it adds other functionality, that would have to be done separately.

Frozen is fully PHP 7.1 compatible. 7.2 is iffy. It will run on 5.6 or 7.0, but be aware that those PHP levels are totally unsupported now, and thus dangerous to use.

54 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

If a responsive site is your primary concern, Frozen is already responsive out-of-the-box. No template is needed.

I already installed a clean "Frozen" on my server and it works perfect as far as i can see. The layout is good responsive, but when i am going to use it i am gonna make some changes in the layout etc, and i also need it in Dutch, so i have to look if the language pack that i have is up to date.

Next weeks i am going to work on it, will keep you updated.

Don't forget to patch Frozen (see my signature). I don't think there is a Dutch language pack specifically for this version, but you might find one that is close (a little update and translation work needed by you). At worst, you'll have to compare the Frozen language files side-by-side with whatever Dutch version you have, and copy over line-by-line, and translate the rest. If you do this successfully, and there is no existing Dutch pack, please consider offering it as a language add-on. Be careful that your editor doesn't add a Byte Order Mark to edited files!

As far as layout changes go, some of this might be possible in user.css, but some might require PHP code changes. It all depends on what you want to do. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Archived